MiraCosta College Culture reviews

collaborative place
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 19, 2018
great job with great situation to improve experience. i learned really good experience about teaching in classes. the enjoyable part of my work is have communication with student and help to them learn and achieve their goal.
Student culture is awesome
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 15, 2018
Student culture is awesome. This college is one of the best. They have really good funding. The administration however is a joke. They have no idea what they are doing.
Solid place of employment
Purchasing and Materials Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CADecember 19, 2017
MiraCosta College is a good place to work but probably not for everyone. Politics can be a major factor of an individual's success or lack thereof, at the college. Overall, it is relaxed and well compensated, but the lack of upward mobility and the level of influence that can exist there are detractors.
Pros
Relaxed, fairly substantial compensation in most cases
Cons
Somewhat political, not very easy upward mobility
Great place to work and nice people
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 31, 2017
MiraCosta is a beautiful college and very nice to work for. Management is organized and helpful, good communication. I worked part time and for a few months so that is my experience thus far.
Great environment
Oceanside Library Circulation Aide (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 10, 2016
Everyday I work with students, staff, and library card holders. No day is the same when it comes to communicating with the MiraCosta Community. The hardest part of the job is making sure everyone is happy at the end of each transaction, and I always go out of my way to exceed my own job expectations. I love the enjoyment of someone going out of their way and thanking me for my service to them and others.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Full-Time positions vastly unavailable
Great for college students
WRITING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 24, 2016
The culture and the people are nice and they really take care of you whatever you may need to become a successful WC consultant. There are monthly training but they always provide food and give good feedback for making you a better consultant. They will also try to accommodate whatever schedule you might happen to need.
Pros
Free lunches during training, camaraderie, flexible schedule
Cons
observation of your consulting style during first semester
Fantastic Employer
Faculty Professor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 10, 2016
I love teaching the HR Certificate program at MiraCosta College. Wonderful faculty. The culture and environment encourage individuality and growth for all students and existing faculty.
Super fun working environment
Intramural Sports Representative (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 9, 2016
When I work it is always a fun time. All the workers are fun and caring and hardworking. The boss is super nice and really cares for all of his employees.