Mission BBQ Employee Reviews

Fun
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 18, 2019
A great place to work And learn new things Dedicated to know fortement 1st responders great way to learn new ideas perfect place for has school or college kids
Pros
100%discount for your borders and 50% discounts for friends and family
Cons
Breaks as needed
Great Place to Work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 15, 2019
This place always made me happy. The work environment was fun and always made me feel like I was part of the team.I would recommend everyone work here.
Very nice first job for open minded people and interest in customer service.
RESTAURANT GREAT SERVICE ASSISTANT/BUSSER (Former Employee) –  Canton, MDFebruary 12, 2019
A typical day at Mission BBQ are usually busy but easy to work with. I've learned how to work in a busy environment while multitasking. The management was great. They worked around my school schedule and were understanding about situations that occurred.
Pros
Free Meal
Very fun place to work
Great Service Representative (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 7, 2019
Mission BBQ is an American themed Barbecue restaurant. While at mission I helped many very friendly and pleasant customers. The job was rather easy, serving and putting in orders with some custodial work. Sometimes I would go to the dining room to talk to customers and check up on them. Everybody who worked at my store was really nice and I got along with them. Compared to my current job, I really miss those guys at Mission. Everyone was so nice and was happy for me to come back after I took a brief hiatus to work at iFly. I wish they opened a Mission in Lancaster so I could work there. Also, free food, and it is really good!
Pros
Awesome food!
Cons
Not many locations
A great place to give back
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 6, 2019
The overall meaning behind mission bbq is amazing and i loved supporting first responders and others. You always said a big "hey folks" when people would walk in followed by the national anthem everyday at noon. It was a great place to be overall and you really enjoyed going to work here
The best job I've ever had
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJanuary 31, 2019
by far my favorite job I've ever had, it was such a family enviornment and the management really cared about their employees. I would be lying if I said I didn't regret leaving, I met some of my best friends while working there. The pay isn't great and I couldn't justify working there anymore after not being able to make ends meet. Our district manager refused to promote and give raises to cashiers, which solidified my reason as to leaving. Other than that, I loved it. Great for teenagers.
Always set up the next for success
Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 30, 2019
Before your next teammate comes on for their shift, your are to have that person set up with all the front end task complete so they can hit the floor running. Not to let them lack on customer service because now they have to play catch-up because no one had done their own job. It’s very sad but happens way to offen . When your all about the customers because customers make what a restaurant is. If you don’t have them we are no one. Customer focused, Customer first.
Pros
Free meal after your shift
Cons
To many Chief not enough mates
great people
LINE COOK/KITCHEN HELP (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 22, 2019
great job, great people, fantastic environment, and great customers.
very fast paced. best part of the job were my coworkers and managers. You get thrown into the wolves but it is very instructional and you are helped along the way to ensure that you feel comfortable.
Nice First Job Place
BOH Cook (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 20, 2019
Need some quick hours place is fine. Management is very cheerleader mindset and have some policies you may not agree with. Good people and coworkers. Eating the food becomes very tiresome.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Healthcare. Hours
can't move up
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 14, 2019
typical day at work is easy going.
what I've learned is you'll never move up unless you're a favorite
management isn't too great.
most employees are ok.
Pros
free meals
Cons
you don't move up in the company like you'd like, favorites, drama.
mission bbq
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJanuary 13, 2019
Mission bbq stands for something great. I had my fair share of great experiences there. It is a bit of a fast pace but nothing too difficult. You receive one free sandwich and side after every shift and two on days you pull doubles. the customers are mostly easy to deal with. The job overall was fun.
Fun environment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAJanuary 13, 2019
Be ready to work hard fast and learn quickly. You have to be on your toes all the time and move with a purpose while you are working the line or the prep area. Don't look at your phone always have a smle and good aditude.
Pros
Free employee meal on days worked. Breaks
Cons
Long days busy days stressful days
It was an okay Job
Food Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAJanuary 11, 2019
Good job for kids starting out, but wouldn't stay there if you're looking to go somewhere in life. Help serve people their food, be nice and smile. Not too hard of a job.
Pros
Free food on shift
Cons
Promotions are unbelievably hard to get
A family
Server (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 11, 2019
It’s a job that you want to go to because you have amazing and collaborative people you get to see. I recommend to all my friends that they should work there because it really is life changing to go to work and know that you are cared about.
productive and fun workplace
Waitress/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 31, 2018
Management was amazing
learned great skills for other waitressing jobs
The best part of the job was my great coworkers and manger, we are a great team.
store managers play favorites
Expo (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 28, 2018
annoying place to work if you expect to move up by hard work alone
they speak to the cooks as if they are literate Hispanic people, very rude every other day so you never know what you will get
Best American Style Restaurant Chain Out There!
Assistant Catering Specialist/Hourly Manager (Current Employee) –  Robinson Township, PADecember 12, 2018
Since starting at Mission BBQ, I have had a whole new level of respect for those in the armed services and First Response groups. Their entire goal and mission is that to give back to those who serve and protect our communities and make them the great places that we know and love.
very high energy and outgoing workplace
Catering assistant (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHDecember 10, 2018
Mission BBQ is a great place to work at. Our mission is to serve those who serve for our country. Ive leanred lot since ive been there, the management is always complimenting on our hard work. Everyone is always happy and energetic right when you walk in. i encourage everyone to work there or at least stop in one time, the experience is amazing.
Pros
free meals after shift
Cons
the smell
Excellent place to work if people had positive attitudes and management did their job
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PADecember 9, 2018
The negativity overpowered the people with positive attitudes. Few set good examples. No discipline via management. Favoritism. On a positive note, they would go out of their way to show appreciation to Vets.
Pros
Free meal and discounts
Cons
No lunch break
Unprofessional, low pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 1, 2018
Dont bother wasting your time there, they dont value employees. Your overworked and underpaid they dont give employees breaks because they're very money hungry.
Cons
No breaks, understaffed, underpaid, overworked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission BBQ. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight