Mission BBQ Employee Reviews

Chef (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 27, 2018
Was a nice place to work. A little problem with management change. Their turnover rate was a little high due to salary or lack of enthusiasm by some co-workers. Restaurant was somewhat busy and the flow balanced out.
Avoid working here
BOH Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLAugust 27, 2018
If you want to work at a restaurant because you like making good food then look no further. The actual food prep and construction are stellar. But management is a mess and no one can actually make a living.
Pros
Free meal at the end of every shift
Cons
Short tempered managers, fast food speeds
It was probably the best job I have ever had and its probably the most laid back.
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 17, 2018
Everyone always had an upbeat attitude and its just smooth. If were busy we handled it well and it was non-stressful. I believe that anyone who goes for this job is well respected and its also great that mission bbq respects all military or any type of emergency care.
good Work Place under Ben management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 16, 2018
It was a fun experience, met alot of cool customers, and had a good time as a team. It was busy but it was cool to be in the atmosphere. We hung out outside of work and did softball and kickball against other missions
Pros
free food
Cons
Fast paced job but definitely a fun and learning experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 30, 2018
I enjoyed working for Mission BBQ as cashier, also customer service and catering events! The way they support the wounded warrior project and are thankful to those who serve our country, every day at 12pm we would all stand employees/customers for the national anthem it was awesome!
Pros
Free lunch and great people
It’s okay.
GSR (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 21, 2018
I thought working here wouldn’t be so bad because of their motto and everything to help others. But this place sucks. They give little to no hours, the pay is low, salary managers sucks most of the time, they do have their days when they are cool though. And they don’t train well, they expect you to know something and do stuff and than don’t want to give hours because you don’t know enough. Honestly the work is easy and it’s easy to catch on but management needs to be worked on.. the place is very unprofessional and the only pros are that they do care about ur well-being, the food is free and when the head manager is there you can get whatever you want. Also they do listen to when you request off and stuff but they don’t listen to what your availability is and than expect you to get coverage when they messed up. F this place. I recommend you don’t work here.
Pros
Free food, some co workers are cool.
Cons
No breaks, doesn’t give hours, management is horrible, unprofessional
productive, Family setting workplace.
Cashier/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33634July 16, 2018
Mission bbq is a greatplace to work if you are a team player with a great happy go lucky personality. They all help one another and have great attitudes with customers and co workers.
Pros
great team setting.
Cons
none.
fun and fast paced
Caterer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 15, 2018
Enjoyable work if you don't mind being outside often and lifting. Everyone is generally easy to work with and the work itself is not hard to learn. Catering is always a fun time
Great Workplace And Environment
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 12, 2018
Fast-paced job. Very good job and work environment. Cleaned and sanitized area. Great employers and customers there. Management Team was fair and did their job.
Poor Management
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2018
Mission BBQ is a great company. However, the Mission BBQ USF location has extremely poor management, specifically the general manager. The work environment is very poor due to the management.
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2018
Working there was pretty okay. Team workers develop a cool relationship. But its not enough WAGES nor enough hours.

The managment was ok as well. The food is good there as well.
awful
Line Cook, Prep Worker, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJuly 10, 2018
a normal day at mission bbq well honestly that never happened. things where never in order or correct i would be the first person called upon to fix anything and everything from food to maintenance. I was basically doing manager work at a line cook pay.
Pros
free food
Cons
job tittle and duties
fun
Busser (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 1, 2018
mission bbq was a fun experience, great food . The people are very laid back and easygoing as long as you get your work done/do your job. Had room for advancement and more pay which is a plus.
Pros
1 free meal every shift
i wouldnt step foot in that building if i had to
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAJune 25, 2018
VERY weird culture that only cares about the fire and police department and other disaster that are OUR fault. The manager from new Jersey might be the most arrogant sob I ever crossed in my life
Pros
free smoked food
Cons
the ignorance of management
Good message but...
Great Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDJune 23, 2018
While I adore what Mission BBQ stands for, the managers at the Ellicott City location where not the most efficient. They often ignored time requested off or scheduling conflicts. However, my paychecks were always correct and the coworkers are so much fun to be around.
Fast paced, genuine culture for whole of mission bbq
Dining Room Leader (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAJune 14, 2018
The hardest part of the job was the District Manager going back and forth on rules and regulations depending on his stress level. I learned to handle a very fast paced environment, and to be able to multi-task in a calm and fast manner without being overwhelmed. It also thought me not to take the negative attitudes personally, and to keep on treating people with respect and dignity regardless of how you're treated. I'm proud to have worked for the actual company, but the specific location has its faults.
Pros
one free lunch/dinner depending on shift
Cons
lack of benefits, no paid vacations even when meeting minimum hourly requirements
It was ok.. at first.
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 10, 2018
They really like to make it sound like it's a wonderful place to work until they try to take on more then they can handle. Management is unorganized and very misplaced. They will guilt trip you because they're overbooked. If you NEED the day off... forget about it. They will fire you because they're so understaffed. Management is very hostile and unforgiving. Teammates are ignorant as well. They will NOT put up with new people. The pay was good until sale reps advertise that the buyer no longer has to tip. I honestly loved working here at first.. everyone seemed so great including the management. But once they try to take on more than their facility can handle everyone becomes bitter making the work experince harsh and unfair to most. I would'nt recommened this job unless you desperately need a summer job. Mission BBQ is NOT about being a "team" whatsoever.
Pros
Travel, Tips
Cons
Understaffed, Management
Uncomfortable workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 7, 2018
Too much high school drama at my location. Free food was great, knowing i wasn't hungry during/after my shift, but too many rumors spread by other employees. Select employees given raises that did not deserve them. Scheduling was also a mess. I was told I would be written up for not being able to work on a day I was not available, ever. That one day was put in my availability as not available. Too much favouritism, not enough pay, too much drama. Great managers though!
Pros
Free lunch, decent managers
Cons
High school drama, not paid enough.
don't work there
cashier (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 4, 2018
i did my job but some of the employees and managers where rude. i mostly stand on feet all day and the only time you get a break is when your working a double and the breaks only be 30 minutes.
Pros
free lunches and more
Cons
poor management
Productive work environment with team mentality
GENERAL SERVICES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 29, 2018
A typical day usually may be scheduled for as many as 6 hours, but does not feel like it lasts that long because you are being productive at all times. The fellow employees and managers are good with helping you with anything that you may not know how to do or just simply need help with. The way everyone approach the job and the company itself is very positive. The only negative aspects include: contacting others. It is not always the easiest to get in contact with fellow employees or even managers. Their is an app used, but it is not necessarily affective for anything other than knowing your schedule. There aren't any numbers linked with employees and people rarely have their notifications linked with the app.
Pros
Free meals after your shift, discounted prices for employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission BBQ. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight