Mission BBQ Employee Reviews

Wonderful place, great people
GREAT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 11, 2018
The typical environment is upbeat and cheerful. Because it's a popular restaurant, we did have busy hours but the work was still wonderful. I felt good that i was working for a company that put its community as its "why" and the managers definitely cared about this. I was there part time while I was in high school and only left to pursue my desired career.
Pros
Free meal at end of shift
Cons
Lots of standing
I loved workin for mission
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 7, 2018
It’s a big family once y’all get to knw each other ❤️ It can get stressful but at the end of the day y’all going to look back and be happy y’all made it through a hard day
Excellent place to work.
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 7, 2018
Mission barbecue is an unique place to work at. They honor our military heros, sheriff dept, fire and rescue, veterans, everyone that serve and protect we have big respect for. Everyday @ noon we sing the national anthem.
The crew and management is friendly and welcoming to all.
Immature managers who favorite lazy people
Cook (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 18, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of always being short staffed and having to do multiple jobs. I learned how to use a knife. Management SUCKS. Workplace is hostile with TONS of favoritism. The hardest part of the job is being noticed; considering the lazy people are the ones who get the attention and praises. There was nothing enjoyable about working here. Change all the employees including the GM, and then maybe it would be a decent employment place.
Pros
Free "teammate" meal.
Cons
Management, no breaks, long shifts, stressful, fake
First Job
GSR (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDOctober 9, 2018
Mission was my first job. While most of my time spent was wonderful there was no room for growth after 2 years of being there. The place is family oriented and focuses and pushes its employees to do good and create a warm enviroment.
Pros
free meal after shift.
Great teammates not so great environment
Caterer (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDOctober 5, 2018
Not well organized.
Consistently high stress environment.
Inconsistent work hours.
No annual raises.
Hard to get benefits.

But the teammates are great. Lunch is usually free.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
unorganized, benefits, pay
Fun work place
GSR (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 4, 2018
Mission bbq is a fun place to work , everyone gets along well we all smile and joke and take what we do seriously out customer come first our values are pride in what we do
Pros
Free food
Cons
Breaks
Gsa (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 22, 2018
Great team good time every time the food is great an the management team is always ready to help the teammates no matter the problem it’s just one big old family
Fun for a first job, builds skills.
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA and Chesapeake VASeptember 20, 2018
Working at mission was a wonderful experience and I often do miss working there. There were some cons. There were definitely some safety violations, and sometimes they take months to resolve even when I was constantly reporting to my managers about it. Also, as the work environment can be super fun at times, but everyone can be extremely unprofessional, which makes it hard to get things done at work or work as a team. The best part about the job was the daily morning meetings about the core values of what we do and why we do it, as well as the bonds I made while working there. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the fact that managers definitely pick favorites. They like to pick and choose who gets punishment for rule breaking. Those who go in at 110% everyday, then one day go in at 100% get in far more trouble than someone who does 50% everyday. Its all about the expectations you give them.
Pros
Free meals, friendly environment, room for advancement
Cons
scheduling issues, no benefits, health violations
Chef (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 27, 2018
Was a nice place to work. A little problem with management change. Their turnover rate was a little high due to salary or lack of enthusiasm by some co-workers. Restaurant was somewhat busy and the flow balanced out.
Avoid working here
BOH Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLAugust 27, 2018
If you want to work at a restaurant because you like making good food then look no further. The actual food prep and construction are stellar. But management is a mess and no one can actually make a living.
Pros
Free meal at the end of every shift
Cons
Short tempered managers, fast food speeds
It was probably the best job I have ever had and its probably the most laid back.
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 17, 2018
Everyone always had an upbeat attitude and its just smooth. If were busy we handled it well and it was non-stressful. I believe that anyone who goes for this job is well respected and its also great that mission bbq respects all military or any type of emergency care.
good Work Place under Ben management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 16, 2018
It was a fun experience, met alot of cool customers, and had a good time as a team. It was busy but it was cool to be in the atmosphere. We hung out outside of work and did softball and kickball against other missions
Pros
free food
Cons
Fast paced job but definitely a fun and learning experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 30, 2018
I enjoyed working for Mission BBQ as cashier, also customer service and catering events! The way they support the wounded warrior project and are thankful to those who serve our country, every day at 12pm we would all stand employees/customers for the national anthem it was awesome!
Pros
Free lunch and great people
It’s okay.
GSR (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 21, 2018
I thought working here wouldn’t be so bad because of their motto and everything to help others. But this place sucks. They give little to no hours, the pay is low, salary managers sucks most of the time, they do have their days when they are cool though. And they don’t train well, they expect you to know something and do stuff and than don’t want to give hours because you don’t know enough. Honestly the work is easy and it’s easy to catch on but management needs to be worked on.. the place is very unprofessional and the only pros are that they do care about ur well-being, the food is free and when the head manager is there you can get whatever you want. Also they do listen to when you request off and stuff but they don’t listen to what your availability is and than expect you to get coverage when they messed up. F this place. I recommend you don’t work here.
Pros
Free food, some co workers are cool.
Cons
No breaks, doesn’t give hours, management is horrible, unprofessional
productive, Family setting workplace.
Cashier/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33634July 16, 2018
Mission bbq is a greatplace to work if you are a team player with a great happy go lucky personality. They all help one another and have great attitudes with customers and co workers.
Pros
great team setting.
Cons
none.
fun and fast paced
Caterer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 15, 2018
Enjoyable work if you don't mind being outside often and lifting. Everyone is generally easy to work with and the work itself is not hard to learn. Catering is always a fun time
Great Workplace And Environment
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 12, 2018
Fast-paced job. Very good job and work environment. Cleaned and sanitized area. Great employers and customers there. Management Team was fair and did their job.
Poor Management
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2018
Mission BBQ is a great company. However, the Mission BBQ USF location has extremely poor management, specifically the general manager. The work environment is very poor due to the management.
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2018
Working there was pretty okay. Team workers develop a cool relationship. But its not enough WAGES nor enough hours.

The managment was ok as well. The food is good there as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission BBQ. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight