MISSION CITY COMMUNITY NETWORK Employee Reviews

High-pressure environment
File Clerk/Data Entry I (Current Employee) –  North Hills, CAApril 30, 2018
Good entry level position. Dealing with PHI and high expected daily output. Good management. Opportunity to advance career. Long hours. Learn something new everyday.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAMarch 19, 2018
The people I worked with during my intern was very friendly. I hoped that I was able to work hard for them to offer me the job but they were honest and told me that they didn't have an opening otherwise they'd give me an interview.
Pros
Organized
Cons
it was just an intern
face pace productive fun place to work
MEDICAL ASSISTANT 2 (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CANovember 20, 2017
good place to work as a starter right of school build your experience love the doctors that worked there pretty friendly and they teach you a whole lot.
unorganized
Medical Assistant Back Office (Current Employee) –  North Hills, CAJuly 21, 2017
very unorganized facility, needs a more structured layout. constant complaints from patients and providers. overall staff is great and providers are easy to work with.
productive
Data Entry and Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CAJune 17, 2017
it was good one and productive. it was a nice place to work but always busy.It was fun to work and they have a lot of things to learn. a good place for learnning.
Medical assistant duties.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 20, 2017
Answer office phones and schedule appointments
Greet patients and prepare them for examinations
Obtain patient medical history and vital signs
Assist physician during patient examinations
Perform routine laboratory tests and administer injections
Explain treatment procedures, medications, special diets, or doctor’s instructions
Perform electrocardiograms or other diagnostic tests
Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies
Assist with insurance, coding, and billing paperwork
mission city
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CAApril 10, 2017
I love my time at mission city. I love a challenging and productive work day. A non profit organization giving back to a community in need. filling prescriptions , pharmacists double checks, and make a point of sale. Usually, patient pays close to nothing.
Pros
challenging
Cons
stressful
productive and unexpected
Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 4, 2017
A typical day at my work would be to get everything organized and ready before the clients would come. I would greet them, schedule appointments, file paper work and make phone calls. I learned how to be more social and how to work in a fast pace environment with a lot of challenge but was able to over come it. We had a lot of different types of religion and culture in our environment. The hardest part would be when a situation would not meet the needs of some.
Flexible but expect to work hard for your low wages
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  South bay, caFebruary 2, 2017
The work schedule is very flexible but the pay isn't great. However the medical, dental benefits are good, just don't expect anything else. The higher HR only look out for themselves and its a fight for basic supplies. Unfortunately there's a high turn over with a low morale staff.The co workers are excellent but the patients can be a little difficult to deal with.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Low pay, understaffed, lack of supplies, Higher HR doesn't care
Medical assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Management sucks and they like to thow people under the bus at all times very unprofessional doctors and staff having us do all there work etc with diagnosis paitients we aren't doctors so do your part and be professional!!!! And have lazy co workers and managers who don't make them do any type of work so please avoid working here my advise
Pros
Cons
Low on staff have to stay overtime with no pay
Not a place for me
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CANovember 4, 2016
This place is Ultra-Micro-Managed, from the very top. Not a place you will want to stay at long term. In fact, you will second guess your decision on the first day. Extremely high turn over of employees. It's run by some guy who acts like a dictator. For me personally, I would not advise anybody to work here or any other place that is run like this. There are way better work environments out there. Even the highest level Managers have to clock in and out. Even their breaks!
Pros
Its not jail
Cons
Feels like it's jail
Dissastified
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAOctober 24, 2016
We were often short staffed had to constantly cancel patient appointments because the nurse practitioner would not show. You got paid very little for the amount of work they wanted you to do.
its alright
Medical Assistant/Receptionist/laboratory (Current Employee) –  North Hills, CAOctober 5, 2016
working here has been a pleasure but i have no further review in be half of this company co workers are friendly and easy ti get along with pt rate to the max
Easy
Medical Assistant F/B Office, Vaccine Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Hills, CAAugust 24, 2016
Employees are easy going, management real nice
Flexible hours if needed time off. Good place to start off. ........................................................
Very high patient volume
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 23, 2016
Mission City Community Network has a great Behavioral Health department,Serving low income and Uninsured families all over Los Angeles county. The Victorville office was the first in San Bernardino county.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
expensive health benefits for family members
Company offers productive and community support.
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 23, 2016
Working for Mission City Community Network Inc. Has been an excellent experience in my career, working with the community and community partners in our Victorville office was a great accomplishment specially in Behavioral health.
Dynamic Workplace.
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Hills, CAJune 15, 2016
MCCN is great place to work. You are always on your feet with an intuitive mindset. My responsibilities are sorting correspondence all the way to releasing records. I especially enjoy being able to chart all the items in there correspondent place in the chart. There is always ways to improve and always tasks to do.
Not a good working environment
Front office (Former Employee) –  NorthhillsMarch 6, 2016
Not a place for experienced m.a. The salary sucks. Management rude. Overall not a place to work at. I would not recommend it to anyone
Productive, Busy at all times
Registered Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CA & North Hills, CaDecember 12, 2015
Wonderful place to work at with opportunities for advancement and great hands on experience. I am currently a Registered Dental Assistant working for 2 locations in the San Fernando Valley. My experience at MCCN has been great so far. I have literally learned something new everyday I have been there. I am very happy and extremely blessed to be able to have this wonderful opportunity. I look forward to many years along side MCCN.
Pros
Great hours, Co-workers, Management, HR everyone.
Horrible management, Great co-workers
Medical Assistant I Front (Former Employee) –  North Hills, Northridge, Mission Hills, PacoimaJuly 9, 2015
This place asks you to do way too much for such low pay. It's great to start out but not for long term. STAY AWAY!!!!!! But the co-workers are kinda the best. :)
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Teriible place