Mission Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
management no appreciation
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 3, 2018
Too Much ratio per Rn and Cna. Heavy work load , this hospital is like a Sniff Facility more patient are bedridden and Mental Health patient.
No Appreciation from the management. They are taking newly graduate nurses that are still learning
Pros
Some co workers are really nice people
Cons
No good benefits
fun for holidays because free food
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CAFebruary 13, 2018
you learn a lot like how to handle different kind patient, and you assign different departments. hardest part of job when sitter a patient like paycho the don't know what kind patient is specially behavior department.
Lack of communication
Passenger van driver (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJanuary 16, 2018
No one was ever on the same page. Do as they want. Not much contact from management. Old and not up to part vans hard to do a job that’s requires traspoting patients safely with.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Travel long distance
Studios to learn
Patient Round Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 26, 2017
I only interned there for a little bit.
Typical day:do rounds for patients/pay attention to call lights
Provided pateints with they needed/alerted nursing management staff
Pros
one on one assistance
Cons
short term opportunity
Loved working with people
Internship (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CASeptember 28, 2017
I had finished my medical office assistant schooling and had to do my hours so his was the 1st place I went to. It was fun and fast. the day went by quick.
Cons
had to leave
Bullying tolerated here
Prefer not to answer (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAAugust 23, 2017
No paid holidays, you use your PTO if you want to take a holiday off. Terrible work schedule, almost every weekend off I worked Friday until midnight; Only got off before midnight if I worked the weekend. Complained to two managers about bullying but neither did anything about it. Ethnic cliques compounded work schedule issues; if you weren't the right ethnicity or had years of seniority you would get the worst schedule. I heard the same complaints from nurses as well. Couldn't wait to quit. Parking sucks.
Pros
Proximity to home.
Cons
Schedule, bullying, unpaid holidays, weak management, parking.
Real Decent Place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJuly 13, 2017
I have really good co-workers. That always makes a big difference. We do try to help each other out when needed with the patients. I have enjoyed it the last two years.
Highly recommended to work in this hospital
Staff Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2017
Productive and develop professional growth. Gain important experience and encounter different cases resulting to effective psychiatric nurse. Helping patients cope with their illness and improve how they function. The employees are talented, driven, dedicated, innovative and ambitious. The workplace has to treat employees with dignity and respect. Management are supportive and encouraging. The hardest part are dealing with different personalities at the job. Each day is as reenergizing as it is tiring. Arriving on the scene and making rounds. Everyday is different. Fast paced environment perfect for people that like to challenged and multi task. It is fun to work on this hospital, its give you courage and confidence. I love the people that I work with. Vibrant atmosphere and supportive staff. Education and training are always implemented. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with the patients and getting to see the patient improve and be able to discharge. It was rewarding to know that I had a small part in the success of that patient being able to discharge.
benefits
Cons
prefer not to list
Worst Employer EVER
Director of Admitting and Business Office (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CADecember 25, 2016
I regret working here even though it was 35 miles closer to home than my previous employer. Lesson learned research the employer and get references on THEM before making a change!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Great work place. very organize and clean.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 6, 2016
love working here. people are very helpful. it is walking distance from my place. my bosses are very accommodating and helpful as well as my co workers.
It was a full time Job
Materials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CAAugust 20, 2016
I worked at this place currently for 5 years, it is a very fast paced high demand facility to work for with very enjoyable co workers.
Discriminations, no team work, conniving, gossips, bullying
Assisting patients, bedsidecare,comfort, safety, (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJune 7, 2016
There are lots of discrimination going on. There are gangsters between Philipinas and Mexicans. Minorities suffer a lot. Only minorities got fired. In hiring; minorities 1%, others 9%.
I learned to shout up and focus on my assignment while the gangsters are roving around, conniving, whom to be fired. They have so much time on their hands. They overload minorities so that they will have enough time for criticism and gossips. They like to disrespect monorities, if you there complain, you will be fired.
No promotions for minorities. A new hired housekeeping can be transfered to medical records in no times, Godfather.
Good stepping stone
Case Management Assistant/Discharge Planning (Current Employee) –  San Fernando Valley, CAMarch 16, 2016
A typical day for me was very long, I regularly worked overtime.
I learned a lot about the hospital business and how the process of insurances and a lot of other hospital procedures generally. Management in the years i have been here have come and go but generally decent when i had one. My co workers were usually good spirited the ones i directly worked with, only a few were negative but that's anywhere you go. The hardest part about my job was dealing with visitors and or family members of patients but i never have had a serious issue with anyone I've always been able to diffuse situations.The most enjoyable part about my job was helping people on a daily basis including the visitors and patient family members and numerous departments in the hospital.
Management has numerous cliques
Past employee (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CADecember 19, 2015
Most coworkers nice but some will stab you in the back just to hurt you. Management is unapproachable and very critical but others can do no wrong, even if they are. Supervisors never give praise for a job well done.
Pros
Most of the staff
Cons
Management style
Ineffective Management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 6, 2015
Management is geared by people who are not familiar with the proper support of hospital staff and management. Staff are not supported or valued.
Very nice people to work with. The owners are extremely cheap.
LVN (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CANovember 29, 2015
The owners of this hospital show little to no appreciation to the people who work so hard to keep the facility working. They are cheap and greedy.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
The owners are running the business into the ground
FIrst RTS experience
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJuly 10, 2015
There is a lot to see at mission. They give you a true hands on experience. I never learned more in any of my rotations than I did at Mission. Staff is great.
Free scrubs!
Initial Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJune 22, 2015
what I enjoyed most was my co workers. The bond that we all had created there was unique. We all helped one another... upper management was great too!
Always room for improvement
Clinical Supervisor Intensive Care Unit. Direct (Current Employee) –  PANARAMA CITYJanuary 28, 2015
this hospital has the potential to be awesome. Not having a functional educational department makes it difficult for staff to stay abreast of new techniques, however, staff gives the patient excellent care. There are some very good surgeons specializing in women's surgery, orthopedic surgery and urology.

My choice to step down as Nursing Director, and to return to ICU, is for me to have more time with family.
Great work environment,always a task to be done,on your feet all day.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJanuary 24, 2015
I enjoyed working in this hospital,it challenged my knowledge on the tasks within the pharmacy. Such as medical terminology, I.V compounding,dosing, and mathematics. I would spend most of the day on my feet delivering and recovering medications,stocking medications, and checking medications for expiration.I Learned some techniques for i.v compounding, learned of the fast and slow movers.The hardest part of the job would have to be i.v compounding if given many orders.The Co-workers were friendly and very helpful if asked a question.