Mission Essential Employee Reviews

Exceptional leadership
Senior Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2019
Exceptional leadership. Program management was managed well and played a proactive role within the contact and played a personal role in making sure that employees were taken care of.
Military Contracting Progress
Operations, Training and Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CANovember 27, 2018
Mission Essential is one of many military defense prime/sub contractors. What set them apart during my time was an emphasis on the team and the mission. The company wasn't solely focused on the bottom line, rather they provided support to our site that allowed flexibility and greater success for both the team, and the end user. This hands-off approach ensured overwhelming success for a 10 year contract period.
MEP Review
AUDIO VISUAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CANovember 25, 2018
My job with MEP was a great learning experience. I was challenged with executing with every job and that made me better at my job. It was an honor to service and work along side our soldiers. Their jobs are difficult enough, so understanding my job made working with them easier.
Pros
learned a lot and stepped out of my comfort zone.
Cons
Such a long drive to and from work daily
A family atmosphere
Employee (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHNovember 16, 2018
A growing, fast-paced company dedicated to a cause I am proud to support. A family atmosphere with long-term opportunities and friendships. A great place for someone starting a career or someone in the position to give back sharing their experience with others.
Pros
Benefits, open atmosphere, flexible work schedule, company events, the people.
Mission Essential Review
AUDIO VISUAL SPECIALIST II (Current Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAOctober 9, 2018
I have enjoyed working with Mission Essential for the last decade, but they did not provide enough for further growth. I learned a lot however, I don't believe they truly care about their employees. As long as the job is complete, then there are no issues, they never awarded employees, and in 10 years of working with the company there were only 3 raises provided.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
No awards, not enough raises, not caring of employees.
difficult to advance
Linguist CAT II (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHAugust 26, 2018
As a linguist supporting the war fighters, I found it difficult to advance within the company. At that time, there was a need for more linguists with clearances so I can see how I was more valuable in my linguist role then say a site manager role.
Fascinating industry
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJuly 3, 2018
I worked here for a very short time in early 2018. The home office in New Albany Ohio was a very nice place to work. Overall people were friendly and helpful. Office bright, clean and modern. Technology was a little behind. Management all seemed active in the business. Benefits and pay for my role were adequate.

I chose not to stay for a few reasons. The location of the home office was not centralized to the Columbus area and therefore the 45 minute to 1 hour drive daily got old quickly. They have JUST recently allowed SOME work from home. This could have definitely enticed me to stay. There was no where for me to go. My manager had been there 10+ years and showed no signs of leaving. And the actual job I was hired to do was a bit different than what I did and I found the pace way too slow and the job very silo'd. So within a few weeks I knew it was not a good fit for me. Also being a government contractor felt like I was constantly being baby sat.

Fascinating industry that opened my eyes to a lot of areas.
Pros
Pay. Benefits. Modern office
Cons
Location and actual job function
I would never recommend this company to anyone
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  DCFebruary 14, 2018
I've worked a few contracts in my day and this by far is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for.

The management does not care about their people and the company is definitely not interested in retaining their employees. They under pay their employees, run them into the ground until they quit, and do not address employee issues in a professional manner.

The most enjoyable part of my job were the people in my office I worked with. There was nothing enjoyable about this company.

I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
You get paid... usually on time
Cons
management, poor compensations, terrible company culture
competitive income
Culture Advisor/Linguist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 7, 2018
The job was very well paid but after over 4 years away from my family I had to come back and be close with my family and friends. the company did take good care of their employees
N/a
Geolocation Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJanuary 19, 2018
Workload can be back and forth from too much to not enough. There is a lot of turn over often because of shift schedules. Overall a good experience if flexible in work environment.
There's more than enough to like here
TurkishLinguist (Current Employee) –  TurkishLinguistJanuary 11, 2018
There's more than enough to like here s well-constructed and packed with talented performers sitting on hundreds of pages of sensitive documents reminding what one can do when paired with the right collaborators.
Great Place to Work, Lower Pay Than Rest of Industry
Middle Management (Current Employee) –  CONUS and OCONUSDecember 11, 2017
Great place for advancement if you're looking for leadership opportunities in the military-industrial complex. The one downside is that senior and leadership positions have lower than expected pay. With a few exceptions, the upper management is very good and understands the needs of its people. I enjoyed working there for the most part. You'll work a crazy about of hours if you're a leader though.
Pros
Great place for career advancement
Cons
Low Pay
Excellent Company
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 4, 2017
I loved every moment working with this company and their team. Everyone from the leadership down was a pleasure to work with. Very team oriented and truly cared about it's employees.
Loved Working at ME
Federal Contractor (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 29, 2017
Fast paced but career constructive tasks and missions. Good benefits. Great learning opportunity. Site Managers help you a lot in excelling. Made a lot of new friends.
Awesome.
Linguist/Cultural Advisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 16, 2017
Awesome place to work, very great experience, everything from transportation to paperwork to timing executed efficiently. Management also available 24/7 very good people.
Great
Linguist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 12, 2017
it was cool, a lot of translating of documents and going on hikes with the military to do routine check ups on the locals. I would definitely recommend working here.
Great Company overall
CT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, VAApril 26, 2017
This position is really relaxed, and a great entry level job. The only current issue is for the required clearance the pay is slightly low. This should be changing with in the next year or so.
Pros
Great enviorment, Relexed work place, Fun people, Benifits
Cons
Pay
Productive and hard working Company
Geolocation Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAFebruary 16, 2017
I work four days a week for 10 hours each day. Management is easy to work with and is very involved with the employees. The hardest part is when we are required to work night shift. The best part about this job is how much we learn or have the ability to learn on any given day as long as you try. Great company and Great job.
Pros
Free company shirts
Cons
Night shift
Best contracting company that I worked for
Mid-Level All Source Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 21, 2016
Much better contracting to work for versus the bigger names. In which you are a number only. They try their best to retain their workers.
Great company
Linguist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 18, 2016
Its a very good company. They are always there when you need them. The compensation was very good. The work schedule was great. We worked 9am through 5pm. Saturday, Sunday and every federal holiday we were off. The co-workers at the customer's site were outstanding, fun to work with.
Pros
Good compensation.
Cons
Short term work.