Mission Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Productive.
Call Center Loan Processor/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Fast paced Call Center, Loud to moderate environment.
Must be able to multi task with 2 screens and keep on top of calls on hold.
Stay on top of your daily work in a timely manner.
Pros
Potlucks for special occasions, for having accomplished a high volume day with calls after a holiday.
Cons
Short Breaks.
January 8, 2018

Thank you for the glowing review! We have shared your comments with our management team. - Mission Federal Credit Union HR

Bank Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 20, 2017
They didn't want to train you correctly or help u when needed. I would reach out for help, nobody would response. everyone was always irritated there. it made me feel uncomfortable being there.
Pros
great promotions
Cons
short breaks, checking on u every 3 mins
January 8, 2018

We’d like to know more about your experience. Please contact Human Resources at 858-546-2037 or humanresources@missionfed.com.

Wonderful place to bank
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Santee, CANovember 25, 2017
Local company with great opportunity to thrive as they increase their presence throughout the county. They strive to please each member and ensure all needs are met.

good job
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 15, 2017
Nice co-workers, fair managers, and good hours. Nice location, and people are always wiling to help you on your tasks on a daily minute. People love their jobs.
Productive and upbeat atmosphere
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Santee, CAOctober 8, 2017
Offering more understanding products for public banking than other institutions. Mission Federal Credit Union is a user friendly financial experience streamlining monetary products and needs in a less costly mode than commercial financial institutions.
Nice place to work
Assistant VP Facilities (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 6, 2017
Great CEO to work for. Staff at the Branches and Corp Office were laid back. Call Center staff were nice to work with. Hated to leave this job, but had to relocate.
Great culture
Universal Banker I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2017
Great place to work in. People are very friendly and nice. Career advancement opportunities are lacking. That is one of the downsides of working there.
good company, stressful at times. lack of advancement.
DMV TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 1, 2017
great company, not too much support from management though. stressful with the workload at times. fun but serious at the same time. I worked at the corporate office, the branches have a different environment.
Pros
great employees
Cons
very stressful
Pretty Good Place To Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 3, 2017
A typical day includes calendaring, emailing, organizing meetings, arranging catering, booking conferences and related travel, taking and/or transcribing committee meeting minutes, proof reading, preparing letters for CEO signature, etc.
Pros
Health/Dental/Vision, 401(k)
Cons
Inflexibility
Not enough on hands training given
Card Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 28, 2017
I worked for one of the smallest departments in the corporate offices. 2 Supervisors that hardly were approachable for the many questions I had and only 4 employees to serve over 20 thousand members and the being there for over 30 branches as support. When your supervisor tells you she doesn't know how to do a lot of what your job duties and expects her team to train you it causes a lot of stress because not only myself but everyone else was overloaded with their own work as well. Every employee was always stressed out and the supervisors showed their stress to their employees too.
Pros
I had 2 family member's die and they allowed me some days off
Cons
They asked too many personal questions and then use it against your wk performance
Great work/life balance and advancement opportunities
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2017
For a lot of millennials it is important to work for a company that we can feel good about working for. Mission Fed fits the bill. They put their employees and the community fist. I've never worked anywhere with such a great company culture or seen so many promotions. Hard work pays off at Mission Fed!
Pros
A Company you can feel good about working for. Awesome PTO and 401K!
Laid-Off
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 25, 2017
I would have liked to stay at MFCU, but my department closed and I was temporarily moved to another department with promises to find me a position...which never happened.
friendly people always willing to help
Mira Mesa, Ca Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CAApril 6, 2017
really loved working here. no complaints at all. People are nice friendly willing to help. always have food which is a plus one pro about working here it was always cold
Pros
friendly people
Cons
temporary work

Great job
Contract BSA/AML Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 7, 2017
great company
good culture
good site
good facilities
good teams
good location
need more food options small café in building
Deceptive
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAJanuary 17, 2017
The company looks good from the outside. The management needs training. The compensation for the amount of work required is lackluster. The member experience, from the outside, appears to be a focus but internally they are a sales driven organization that likes to paint the picture of wholesome encounters.
Great team to work with
Teller (Former Employee) –  Mission Federal Credit Union (San Diego)December 15, 2016
Mission Federal was by far one of my favorite places to work. I loved coming everyday and give outstanding customer service to our members and building relationships. Apart from he members I worked with a great team. We all worked together to ensure our branch ran smoothly and our goals were met.
Pros
Great work atmosphere.
Cons
not enough hours.
Good work culture fun environment
Senior Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 19, 2016
Good working environment where managers really care about your professional growth. Pay could be better but room for advancement is really good
great place to work fro
Universal Services Rep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 18, 2016
Good company to work for. Compensation is reasonable compared to similar companies. Great benefits offers things like thanksgiving voucher and company picnics and christmas parties
Family work enviroment
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 9, 2016
The hardest part of the job was that sometimes I could not help all the customers on the this that they needed. The people that worked for mission federal made the work place feel like it was a family. Management was always checking to see if everything was good for you to start your work.
Great company with a lot of unity and vision!
Telephone Consultant I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2016
I have been working with Mission Fed in the contact center since March and I have absolutely loved it here. This company has a great vision and is very member focused. Their sales and service program is very member based and is also rewarded with incentives. At the contact center, you gain a great deal of knowledge in all of our products and services and you almost feel like you know enough to be a branch manager when you work at the contact center! Your managers also very much acknowledge and reward hard work at every chance they get and are bending over backwards to help you when you ask for it! I recommend for anyone interested in the financial industry to come check it out!
Pros
great hours, great upper management, performance based environment, superior benefits, hard work is highly acknowledged, lots of opportunities for internal staff
Cons
they don't encourage communicating internally, unless you first check with your department manager, this can be a drag, because sometimes you know the department or person who has the answer to your members question, but contacting outside departments for help is not looked highly upon.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Mission Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location