Mission Health Employee Reviews

Featured review
Mission Health selected this as a representative review
Walked the talk
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 11, 2019
The area that I worked in Mission was great (Internal Audit). I loved the exposure to all of the healthcare system and the management. Everyone worked well together to improve processes. Very professional.
Worked in the Infectious Disease Associates office
Practice Specialist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 14, 2019
When I was offered the job it was a fulltime job. When I worked the job it was a 32 hrs a week and supervisor wouldn't do anything about it. She also wrote me up for situations that happened on days that wasn't even there! I also missed 1 day in 4 months and she pitched a fit! She also told me not to talk to the patients just "get them in get them out" . She is the biggest joke of a supervisor I have ever seen!
Pros
I got a pay check. I loved the patients.
Cons
I had to listen to the supervisors squeaky voice.
Great co-worker environment, job stability issues
IT Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 12, 2019
This was a wonderful place to work, however many people were let go, brought back, only to be let go again. From the veterans I learned this was a common practice, it affected me and several of my co-workers. But other than job stability issues it was a great place to work.
Pros
strong co-worker culture
Cons
job stability issues
Work place perks
Professional Coding Auditor (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 7, 2019
Teamwork, Patient focused, Mission Focused, Community driven, Always giving back locally, Employee focused, Family involvement, Children disease research,
Great Place to WOrk
Director of Cyber Security (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 5, 2019
Great managers and culture. Places employee first and gives benefit of the doubt. Always looking to innovate and allow people to take risks without worry of failure.
Poorly staffed
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 1, 2019
Lack of interest in emp!oyee concerns by administrators in some departments and especially Human Resources is especially concerning - perhaps it has something to do with the HCA purchase. The "heart" of Mission is the staff - they pull together to help each other out.
Pros
Overtime is always available
Cons
Always understaffed
Great place to grow a career
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 25, 2019
Great place to work. Leadership really cares about you. They are always supporting you and providing opportunities for career growth. Mentors are there to help you learn and remain available for questions.
The hospital
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 21, 2019
I worked in the OR the position didnt seem to have any advancement oppurtunites. You waited a 2 years to get a 2% raise. 2% doesnt seem fair to those who work nonstop. Taking call, lifting patients, etc. The pay was horrible. Way below cost of living for asheville.
Competitive
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 17, 2019
This is a company that will advance you if you want and can return to school at their cost. They have many programs to assist their employees, but with the new merger there is uncertainty as to what will remain.
Productive and fun workplace with recreation
Project Manager/ Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  WashingtonJanuary 17, 2019
Productive and fun workplace with a diversity of culture. Open to change and accepts testing of new discoveries. Short breaks which helps relax muscles and sets a free mind to concentrate and be counter productive.
Pros
free lunch and snacks
Cons
healthcare, 401k
New grads RN’S do not apply
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 12, 2019
Staffing is horrible. New grad RN’S run from this place. They give new grads the same amount of orientation as a nurse with 20 years of experience. I had 10 different preceptors. All they care about is pushing you out on the floor regardless if you are ready or not.
Mission Health, Good for the community at the cost of their employees mental health
Practice Specialist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 1, 2019
I have NEVER worked for a company who treats thier employees as poorly at Mission Health does. Their leadership is poor, and they have no problem bullying you if it's necessary. I would NOT recommend anyone to apply there!
Cons
Horrible Management. No support from HR or upper managment
Terrible Workplace
RN on a Medical/Surgical Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 13, 2018
Mission was unsupportive. I did not care to work there. They did not support the workers. They only cared about the company and did not care about the workers.
Good workplace
Strategic Business Partner, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 12, 2018
Good work life balance. Benefits and compensation are competitive. PTO needs to be more competitive. Good work place culture. A lot of changes will be occurring in future.
Amazing people and culture
EUT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 9, 2018
Mission is an outstanding place to work. From colleagues to management, this place has it all.

The structure of the Tech Services is organized in a way that allows groups to come together to quickly assess and resolve issues quickly.
Great opportunity to learn about the "real" business world
INTERN (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 2, 2018
First job that I felt valued as an employee and received excellent feedback from all of my peers. Great experience as to what the 'real' world is.

Given the opportunity to learn and utilize a risk management program and to understand how businesses work.
Pros
Flexible hours and days, supportive supervisors and peers
Overall, Mission Health is an excellent company to begin a career in healthcare
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 26, 2018
My experience with Mission Health was positive for the most part.

I always knew what I would be doing any given day, and my manager provided sufficient direction to be able to accomplish tasks. I never felt like a significant amount of time was wasted with excessive meetings and updates. The work culture was very welcoming towards new employees and employees are usually friendly.
Pros
Office Parties
Cons
Pay is low and not really competitive for the Asheville job market
Good Place to Work...Wrong time to stay
IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 23, 2018
Started an internship in Mission's IT department. It was a great experience overall. I loved my team and the work. Unfortunately I started at an in opportune time and ended up with little chance for a full-time position.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 6, 2018
Typical day was responding to patient questions or complaints and referring to appropriate departments for resolution. Data entry, filing, reports, processing mail.
Pros
great benefits. Other opportunites for advancement.
Quick paced, friendly environment
Secretary, filing doctors orders (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 30, 2018
Assist nurses with patients coming out of the ICU
Routine Vital sign checks
updating charts based off of doctor orders
chart vitals, fluid intake, food intake, and output
assist in wound care check blood sugar levels and chart
Regional Hospital
Clinical Case Manager Level Ii (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 28, 2018
Decisions are made at the higher levels by those who have no idea what it takes to provide that care. It is more about the money then excellent patient care. Staff are over worked, underpaid, and at times unappreciated. The positive is the great interdisciplinary teams that work very well together.
Pros
The staff you work with are wonderful.
Cons
Lack of consistency and staff turnover.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight