Mission Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great PLACE to WORK & Practice!!
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  AMCJune 4, 2018
Not so much! Decisions are made on who you know & not merit. The word for lay off + reorg.right out of a job. LOOK OUT HCA. you are getting a handful!
Pros
Perks
Cons
Terrible communication, layers on layers to managment, lies, deceit
More worried about cutting back
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 18, 2018
I was constantly hearing of people losing their jobs that they had been in for several years. People having to re-apply for the position they had held for several years.
Great place to work and a wonderful team!
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 17, 2018
I have held several different positions with Mission Health over the years, and my experiences have never been less than pleasant. Each unit or department that I have worked in had excellent leadership, and I was always presented with opportunities to advance and grow.
Great Hospital
Patient Account Representative, Cash Posting (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 4, 2018
Mission Hospital has been an excellent place to work for many years. I have always felt fortunate to have such an excellent employer, and grateful for the many great supervisors I have had through the years.
No Clear Direction
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 19, 2018
Management had an unclear road map. Methodologies and disciplines seemed to switch lanes every other week. Projects were constantly reassigned so no continuity to work.
Pros
Pay, Talented application and support teams
Cons
No clear direction from management; Constant change in methodology.
Awesome and challenging
IT Service Delivery Agent (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 5, 2018
If you're looking for a fast-paced challenge, being a service delivery agent at Mission will deliver.
The people you work with are great, the users are nice and its hard to say anything bad.
fellow employees are great
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 4, 2018
Colleagues and co workers are wonderful people, but middle and upper management are out of touch with employees and we suffer because of that fact. It is not a bad place to work if you are a medical professional, for all others it is not so great.
Decent Work Place
Human Resources & Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 4, 2018
Typical day is lots of data entry, and very little project management or diverse communication and cross training. Room for advancement and growth opportunity is becoming scarce.
A really good place to work
Maintenance TechnicianM (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 2, 2018
Most days at work involve performing different duties which allows me to learn different skills. The management treats me fairly and is supportive.The hardest part of my job is dealing with time frames at unexpected times..
Pros
Stable employment
Cons
Snow duty at times
Treats staff like dirt!
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMarch 16, 2018
Worst experience of my life! I started this job thinking I was going to advance in the company but when I tried to transfer I was turned down because they needed the help so bad! The turnover is outrageous! Supervisors care nothing about the employees! If you get fired good luck finding another job in healthcare because they own everything in the area!
Benefits
Flexible scheduling
TRAUMA CARE UNIT REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMarch 13, 2018
The unit I worked on was poorly run, but many great staff members. Appreciate the learning experience. Would recommend others if they are interested in that type of nursing.
Good place to start nursing career
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMarch 7, 2018
Can find good experience and ways to further your education and experience here. They offer and encourage tuition reimbursement and furthering your educations.
Productive and educational
Laboratory Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMarch 6, 2018
Great place to work and get the training you need! Much diversity. Having patient to patient interaction and serving as an interface between patient and laboratory, it was very rewarding.
Pay was good but department was closed
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Mission and homeFebruary 21, 2018
I enjoyed transcription. On production and pay was good. I worked from home 13 years. This made me feel out of the loop but I couldn't drive to the hospital every day to work. Would have been happier with management if they kept us informed we were told we would not have a job 2 weeks before last day of work. D
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Stressful
Management was very difficult for the people
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 12, 2018
The job itself was rewarding and good. Very interesting and exciting place to work, however the management of evs did not treat their people very good. There was a very high turnover rate.
Pros
excitment
Cons
management
It's a paycheck
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 11, 2018
Not really impressed with Mission, but in this small town there are few options. Pay is low, "benefits" are few and expensive. Several in management do not even have a college degree.Nurses are often supervised by non clinical management. Our center can't keep physicians. We are pushed to sell...even to the sick (ie: colonoscopies, immunizations, procedures, pap smears.) Employees are transferred to different positions with out their consent and usually don't find out until the monthly schedule comes on at the last possible day of the month.LOTS of changes due to managements inability to think things out.
Pros
It's a paycheck.
Cons
See comments.
Management is terrible. Care more about money than employees or patient care
RN Med/Surg (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 22, 2018
If it weren’t the only major hospital in the area I wouldn’t work here. The management is awful and tries to keep you from transferring units, they don’t support their staff, especially on nights. Pay is less than competitive. And it’s all about the bottom dollar not employee satisfaction or patient care.
Terrible place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 21, 2018
One of the worst corporate cultures I've seen, management rules with an iron fist, expects unwavering deference and butt kissing. Sniping among nurses is terrible, far worse than most places. Bad elitist attitudes from many employees
Pros
Biggest facility in area
Cons
As described
non profit facility
LPN (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 15, 2018
I love working here but trying to get a regular schedule is impossible. Every time I check my schedule I see that the manager has changed it without my permission and without notification that she changed it, so I'm afraid that one of these days I will not show up for work because I am not aware that she changed my schedule.
Pros
pay is great.
Cons
scheduling is poorly managed. many no shows because of it.
good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 12, 2018
I got this job to improve and expand my CNA skills. I am now able to do much more than a normal CNA. The hardest part about this job for me would be the loss of lives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight