Mission Health Employee Reviews

Overall, Mission Health is an excellent company to begin a career in healthcare
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 26, 2018
My experience with Mission Health was positive for the most part.

I always knew what I would be doing any given day, and my manager provided sufficient direction to be able to accomplish tasks. I never felt like a significant amount of time was wasted with excessive meetings and updates. The work culture was very welcoming towards new employees and employees are usually friendly.
Pros
Office Parties
Cons
Pay is low and not really competitive for the Asheville job market
Good Place to Work...Wrong time to stay
IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 23, 2018
Started an internship in Mission's IT department. It was a great experience overall. I loved my team and the work. Unfortunately I started at an in opportune time and ended up with little chance for a full-time position.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 6, 2018
Typical day was responding to patient questions or complaints and referring to appropriate departments for resolution. Data entry, filing, reports, processing mail.
Pros
great benefits. Other opportunites for advancement.
Quick paced, friendly environment
Secretary, filing doctors orders (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 30, 2018
Assist nurses with patients coming out of the ICU
Routine Vital sign checks
updating charts based off of doctor orders
chart vitals, fluid intake, food intake, and output
assist in wound care check blood sugar levels and chart
Productive and fun
Operating Room Secretary/Scheduler/HUC (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 23, 2018
This job provided me with the opportunity to learn a lot and expand my knowledge, I collaborated with all disciplines, I worked directly for the Director of Surgery. The environment was very fast paced, I learned to effectively multitask.
Volunteer
ER Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 22, 2018
The compensation and job security pieces don't really apply. I was a volunteer only and thought the company was wonderful. I met a lot of great, caring, compassionate people who loved working there.
i needed change in my life
Business Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 19, 2018
i needed change in my life but working for them was not bad at all i hasd my own office they were fair for the most part it was very laid back as long as you were working and not just standing around
O.R. Clean Tech (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 16, 2018
Great place to work with lots of great people that will certainly treat you like family lots of opportunities for advancement with different tools and methods to motivate their staff
Contract Position
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 16, 2018
Reconciled BS Accounts and Caught up and maintain AP for 18 senior rehabilitation facilities. Responded to all emails. keep CFO up to date with the completion of projects
Pros
Maintained employment
Cons
Contract Short term position
Flexible schedule
COORDINATOR BUSINESS OPERATIONS- Cash Posting (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 15, 2018
Mission Health CBO positions allow for flexible schedules. There is a lack of communication to team members from upper management regarding the buyout and other things I feel should be shared with team members ahead of when they are.

Want to know more about Mission Health?

Ask a question
hated mission
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 13, 2018
Mission was a horrible place to work for. They dont care about their employees at all. They are will never stick up for their own, they will blame their employees instead of having their back. they dont beleive in teamwork but they expect everyone else to know what the word means.
Pros
na
Cons
travel and management
Love working here
Medical Coder III (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 12, 2018
Love working here. I have been here 17 years. I hope to work here until I retire. I get to work from home and my time is flexible. I am lucky to work here.
Jobs always avilable.
Material Control (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 11, 2018
Have been with the company 6 years. Job security is always there, but increase in pay for length of service is not. Hiring new staff is paid more than those that have been there for years. HR is slooow!
New company taking over soon!
workday
PCT II (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NC 28806October 3, 2018
12 hour shifts, some hard days some easy days
management listens and keeps you 1st
I was able to grow my skills for coordinating in healthcare
working with the patients
Pros
payroll deduct
Cons
short breaks
great place to work
Pharmacy Resident (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 3, 2018
The people here are really great. They want to see you succeed and will try to get you the items needed to succeed if you don't have them available.
Overall the place was great to work at, just not the right fit for me.
Working for Mission Hospital
Exercise Specialist Mission Heart Path (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 3, 2018
Working for Mission Hospital has increased my knowledge and experience in working with sick and elderly individuals. The hardest part of my job was insufficient raises and no opportunity for advancement. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with large groups of wonderful patients each day. My manager was one of the best I've ever had and a lot of things (like raises) were out of his control. During my time at Mission I learned to work hard, to speak confidently in front of large groups and to just be myself. I also learned a lot about Cardiopulmonary Rehab as a whole.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
RUN-Angel
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin, NCOctober 2, 2018
I left Mission about 2 months ago. I worked 50 hours or more a week. Management does not talk to you. They talk around you. They are not in contact with the reality of what goes on everyday. They are so involved with the transition that the patients come last. It is a real safety concern. Somehow staff have left the Medical surgical floor. It is being run halfway. This hospital has been ran into the ground in the last 24 months. The CEO and clinical operations have no idea what is going on. They cannot recruit and retain providers at this location. It would best be viewed as a tax ride off for the mothership because that is how it is being treated.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Lack of educated management, initiative
Official response from Mission Health
October 4, 2018

At Angel Medical Center and all Mission Health facilities, we are committed to assuring that every patient, family and team member reaches their desired outcome. We would welcome your specific suggestions about how we could have improved your experience as an Angel Medical Center/Mission Health team member.

It’s a great place to work if you are in the medical field. Any other department is terrible
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 12, 2018
Management/Supervisors are self-serving and completely detached from their employees, particularly on night shift. Next to no opportunities for career advancement if you are not in the medical field.
Pros
My fellow employees are amazing. Co workers are the best part about working here.
Cons
Subjected to physical/verbal assault for little compensation and absolutely no positive recognition
Like working in a hospital inviorment
Cashier, salad (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 8, 2018
Working there is grateful employees where a some and being there for our guest during hard times and great times. Learning a new job and working to move up
Pros
Meeting new faces everyday
Cons
Not enough conmunication
Great Work Environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 4, 2018
Mission Hospitals Is a great place to work and I believe that Mission does believe in their core values. it's a great place to work because they pay well and treat their employees with respect and dignity.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight