Mission Health Employee Reviews

RUN-Angel
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin, NCOctober 2, 2018
I left Mission about 2 months ago. I worked 50 hours or more a week. Management does not talk to you. They talk around you. They are not in contact with the reality of what goes on everyday. They are so involved with the transition that the patients come last. It is a real safety concern. Somehow staff have left the Medical surgical floor. It is being run halfway. This hospital has been ran into the ground in the last 24 months. The CEO and clinical operations have no idea what is going on. They cannot recruit and retain providers at this location. It would best be viewed as a tax ride off for the mothership because that is how it is being treated.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Lack of educated management, initiative
Official response from Mission Health
October 4, 2018

At Angel Medical Center and all Mission Health facilities, we are committed to assuring that every patient, family and team member reaches their desired outcome. We would welcome your specific suggestions about how we could have improved your experience as an Angel Medical Center/Mission Health team member.

Overall good place
Certified Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 24, 2018
I've enjoyed my time at Mission. My coworkers are the best. Team work really drives our success in the Operating room. I don't really want to leave Mission but I'm open to change if the right job comes along.
Professional and patient focused
Senior Care Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marion, NCAugust 18, 2018
Mission cares about it's patients and it's employees. It's a great place to work if you are interested in the medical field. The benefits are wonderful- paid time off, insurance for medical, dental, and vision as well.
Nurse
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 12, 2018
Employer with large number of affiliate hospitals in surrounding area. Facilities in Asheville are expanding and company is selling to for profit HCA company
Mission Health
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 2, 2018
Best employer I ever had, and perhaps an ideal employer. Our entire staff was furloughed and that is the only reason why I left. Training and supervising others, and particularly firing other employees was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was a top-ranked employee of 51 people in terms of accuracy and productivity and I was considered very hard-working and dependable. I was required to be in a leadership position, particularly when it came time to change software programs for job assignments and scripting and for including documents in the overall hospital system for access by all providers affiliated with the system.
Pros
Loved working for Mission Health.
Cons
Sometimes managment perhaps depended too much on me.
Great benefits
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Franklin, NCJuly 25, 2018
Really good insurance. Overall a really good place to work, and has really good staff to work around. Your work is appreciated by the people of the facility.
HIM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 17, 2018
Contract work, no benefits, long hours, great pay, excellent work conditions, very detailed spreadsheet type work. Learned new software. Management seemed biased. Short lunch breaks yet close to various restaurant/ food trucks.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Quality Control at Revenue Cycle
Quality Control Advisor (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 5, 2018
I enjoy working with the practice managers to make their teams stronger. The data drives me and helps me learn to in help those that I cross their path.
Bad choice work at McDonald's
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Asheville North CarolinaJune 12, 2018
If you like running in stress all day this is the job for you! Coworkers will stab you in the back. Management doesn't care about their staff. Never award you for your good deeds! As for Corporation it treats you like you're a robot. I am currently looking for new employment, don't really know if I will work for healthcare again. Because of the way I have been treated at this organization.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Call it for 30 minute breaks, but then we'll paid you the whole time you're on break!
Great PLACE to WORK & Practice!!
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  AMCJune 4, 2018
Not so much! Decisions are made on who you know & not merit. The word for lay off + reorg.right out of a job. LOOK OUT HCA. you are getting a handful!
Pros
Perks
Cons
Terrible communication, layers on layers to managment, lies, deceit
I love working for Mission Health but I'm looking for work closer to home. I currently drive 52 miles to work , 104 miles everyday.
CMA (AAMA) (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 28, 2018
I currently work for Mission Weight Management Center. I enjoy working for Mission and would like to transfer closer to home. I love working as a CMA and love my job it's just stressful having such a long comute.
Pros
I love my job and what I do.
Cons
I drive 104 miles everyday.
More worried about cutting back
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 18, 2018
I was constantly hearing of people losing their jobs that they had been in for several years. People having to re-apply for the position they had held for several years.
Great place to work and a wonderful team!
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 17, 2018
I have held several different positions with Mission Health over the years, and my experiences have never been less than pleasant. Each unit or department that I have worked in had excellent leadership, and I was always presented with opportunities to advance and grow.
Great Hospital
Patient Account Representative, Cash Posting (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 4, 2018
Mission Hospital has been an excellent place to work for many years. I have always felt fortunate to have such an excellent employer, and grateful for the many great supervisors I have had through the years.
No Clear Direction
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 19, 2018
Management had an unclear road map. Methodologies and disciplines seemed to switch lanes every other week. Projects were constantly reassigned so no continuity to work.
Pros
Pay, Talented application and support teams
Cons
No clear direction from management; Constant change in methodology.
Awesome and challenging
IT Service Delivery Agent (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 5, 2018
If you're looking for a fast-paced challenge, being a service delivery agent at Mission will deliver.
The people you work with are great, the users are nice and its hard to say anything bad.
fellow employees are great
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 4, 2018
Colleagues and co workers are wonderful people, but middle and upper management are out of touch with employees and we suffer because of that fact. It is not a bad place to work if you are a medical professional, for all others it is not so great.
Decent Work Place
Human Resources & Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 4, 2018
Typical day is lots of data entry, and very little project management or diverse communication and cross training. Room for advancement and growth opportunity is becoming scarce.
A really good place to work
Maintenance TechnicianM (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 2, 2018
Most days at work involve performing different duties which allows me to learn different skills. The management treats me fairly and is supportive.The hardest part of my job is dealing with time frames at unexpected times..
Pros
Stable employment
Cons
Snow duty at times
Treats staff like dirt!
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMarch 16, 2018
Worst experience of my life! I started this job thinking I was going to advance in the company but when I tried to transfer I was turned down because they needed the help so bad! The turnover is outrageous! Supervisors care nothing about the employees! If you get fired good luck finding another job in healthcare because they own everything in the area!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight