Mission Health Pay & Benefits reviews

Featured review
Mission Health selected this as a representative review
Walked the talk
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 11, 2019
The area that I worked in Mission was great (Internal Audit). I loved the exposure to all of the healthcare system and the management. Everyone worked well together to improve processes. Very professional.
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 22, 2019
Great place to work in Asheville, NC I've been a long time employee and the benefits to employees are many. There's lots of transition with recent merger but it is a good organization to be a part of.
Good work environment. Pay for CNA sucks!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tiptonville, TNMarch 27, 2019
Building needs work. Residents are great. Employees need structure. Highest paying nursing facility for nurses CNAs might make $11-12 which isn't much getting paid twice a month. Long shifts do to short staffing.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Pay sucks unless you're a nurse
The hospital
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 21, 2019
I worked in the OR the position didnt seem to have any advancement oppurtunites. You waited a 2 years to get a 2% raise. 2% doesnt seem fair to those who work nonstop. Taking call, lifting patients, etc. The pay was horrible. Way below cost of living for asheville.
Productive and fun workplace with recreation
Project Manager/ Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  WashingtonJanuary 17, 2019
Productive and fun workplace with a diversity of culture. Open to change and accepts testing of new discoveries. Short breaks which helps relax muscles and sets a free mind to concentrate and be counter productive.
Pros
free lunch and snacks
Cons
healthcare, 401k
Good workplace
Strategic Business Partner, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 12, 2018
Good work life balance. Benefits and compensation are competitive. PTO needs to be more competitive. Good work place culture. A lot of changes will be occurring in future.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 6, 2018
Typical day was responding to patient questions or complaints and referring to appropriate departments for resolution. Data entry, filing, reports, processing mail.
Pros
great benefits. Other opportunites for advancement.
good place
dual skilled cna (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 24, 2018
I had a good experience working here; I learned alot about life and patients the doctors were great and the time i was here was well enjoyed i had great time
Volunteer
ER Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 22, 2018
The compensation and job security pieces don't really apply. I was a volunteer only and thought the company was wonderful. I met a lot of great, caring, compassionate people who loved working there.
workday
PCT II (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NC 28806October 3, 2018
12 hour shifts, some hard days some easy days
management listens and keeps you 1st
I was able to grow my skills for coordinating in healthcare
working with the patients
Pros
payroll deduct
Cons
short breaks
Working for Mission Hospital
Exercise Specialist Mission Heart Path (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 3, 2018
Working for Mission Hospital has increased my knowledge and experience in working with sick and elderly individuals. The hardest part of my job was insufficient raises and no opportunity for advancement. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with large groups of wonderful patients each day. My manager was one of the best I've ever had and a lot of things (like raises) were out of his control. During my time at Mission I learned to work hard, to speak confidently in front of large groups and to just be myself. I also learned a lot about Cardiopulmonary Rehab as a whole.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
RUN-Angel
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin, NCOctober 2, 2018
I left Mission about 2 months ago. I worked 50 hours or more a week. Management does not talk to you. They talk around you. They are not in contact with the reality of what goes on everyday. They are so involved with the transition that the patients come last. It is a real safety concern. Somehow staff have left the Medical surgical floor. It is being run halfway. This hospital has been ran into the ground in the last 24 months. The CEO and clinical operations have no idea what is going on. They cannot recruit and retain providers at this location. It would best be viewed as a tax ride off for the mothership because that is how it is being treated.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Lack of educated management, initiative
Official response from Mission Health
October 4, 2018

At Angel Medical Center and all Mission Health facilities, we are committed to assuring that every patient, family and team member reaches their desired outcome. We would welcome your specific suggestions about how we could have improved your experience as an Angel Medical Center/Mission Health team member.

not worth the pay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 18, 2018
The pay and benefits were great but was not worth being miserable every day. Job culture is not what they promote. Employees are overworked, under appreciated, and the turnover rate is extremely high. Upper management is solely concerned with their directives and goals, and will make employees bend over backwards in order to hit their targets. It is all based on numbers and money making, not overall care of the patients. Mission does not practice what it preaches. The “great place to work and practice” slogan is a joke.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Upper management
It’s a great place to work if you are in the medical field. Any other department is terrible
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 12, 2018
Management/Supervisors are self-serving and completely detached from their employees, particularly on night shift. Next to no opportunities for career advancement if you are not in the medical field.
Pros
My fellow employees are amazing. Co workers are the best part about working here.
Cons
Subjected to physical/verbal assault for little compensation and absolutely no positive recognition
Great Work Environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 4, 2018
Mission Hospitals Is a great place to work and I believe that Mission does believe in their core values. it's a great place to work because they pay well and treat their employees with respect and dignity.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
fast paced place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 27, 2018
management was good. there was always a challenging having the appropriate number of staff vs the number of patients on the floor. compensation was low for CNAs given the amount of work they do
Pros
fast paced
Cons
low compensation relative to work done
As good as can be expected
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 21, 2018
As with any new job, I was excited to start working for Mission in the fall of 2014. Everything seemed great at the beginning (as it often does), but it only took a few months to realize the culture was very negative. I learned a lot of very useful information and really enjoyed my job through the years. In the end, it was the toxic atmosphere and unsupportive leadership that lead me to take an offer outside of Mission.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Toxic work environment, lack of support
Professional and patient focused
Senior Care Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marion, NCAugust 18, 2018
Mission cares about it's patients and it's employees. It's a great place to work if you are interested in the medical field. The benefits are wonderful- paid time off, insurance for medical, dental, and vision as well.
Great benefits
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Franklin, NCJuly 25, 2018
Really good insurance. Overall a really good place to work, and has really good staff to work around. Your work is appreciated by the people of the facility.
HIM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 17, 2018
Contract work, no benefits, long hours, great pay, excellent work conditions, very detailed spreadsheet type work. Learned new software. Management seemed biased. Short lunch breaks yet close to various restaurant/ food trucks.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Unrealistic expectations
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 16, 2018
The expectations are not realistic for a productive environment. The institution is too top heavy, cutting healthcare positions to create executive positions.
Benefits
Cons
Stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight