Mission Trail Baptist Hospital Employee Reviews

good exposure
Emergency Department LVN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 31, 2018
Baptist is a good company to work for, I worked for them for 5 years and would love to go back. I worked in the Telemetry and the ER. The ER has a good sense of family through out the employees
Pros
good expierence
Cons
no lunches or breaks
June 2, 2018

Thank you! At Mission Trail Baptist Hospital, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Great Workplace
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2018
This is a teaching workplace which offers room to grow. Staff very friendly.

The environment is very family oriented and friendly. I relocated, otherwise would have continued my career with the system.
April 18, 2018

We appreciate your positive feedback! At Mission Trail, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

love working there
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 21, 2018
I enjoy working there everyone was great to work with I would tell anyone to go there to work i really miss being there if I every moved back that would be the first place I would apply for a job
Pros
everything was great
Cons
there really wasnt any cons
March 23, 2018

Thank you for your review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Mission Trail's success.

Great experience and learning opportunity. Lack of teamwork is a major problem.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 19, 2018
The environment was very fast paced. You learn a lot in a short amount of time, everyday is a learning opportunity. Hardest part of not getting help with other patients when you were with a critical patient. Night shift had a much better culture of teamwork than dayshift.
Pros
Great for expereince and learning
Cons
30 min unpaid lunch for 12 hour shift. Lack of teamwork
February 22, 2018

Thank you for your review. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

amazing staff
Registered Nurse/Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2018
This hospital has amazing staff. We worked so hard together and to make sure everything was done in a quick yet safe manner. great doctors and nurses!
February 8, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Mission Trail's success.

Demanding
Clinical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 10, 2017
Being a part of this company helped me broaden my knowledge of healthcare
hardest part to see patient expire
most enjoyable to know some how I helped in someones recovery
benefits
Cons
short lunches
November 11, 2017

Thank you for your positive review! At Mission Trail Baptist Hospital, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Great work place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 29, 2017
Working in this hospital is well organized. The culture is family oriented and most people from every department is familiar with each other. The compensation depending on status is fair and the management available is really well!
October 30, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Mission Trail Baptist Hospital's success.

Fair experience
Senior Emergency Department Registrar (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 6, 2017
Mission trail could use better management skills. however, aside form management skills the company was a good experience considering benefits and room to grow.
October 8, 2017

Thank you for leaving an honest review about Mission Trail's management. We will pass along your comments to hospital leadership.

Poor Management
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2017
Needs improvement on communication and workplace culture
What I learned from working there is that, there was so much opportunity to improve on patient and employee engagement.
My number 1 goal was to accomplish this. Unfortunately I had to move on.
I enjoyed the team work and support.
Lic. Social Worker case manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 4, 2017
At the time of my employment. My supervisor was not very nice or professional. I am sure times have changed. I enjoyed the team and working with the patient and families. Learning that everyone has hardships in their lives. I love working in the hospital atmosphere. I assisted with patient needs while in the hospital and upon their discharge. Linking them to community programs. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with families who where disrespectful and having to try to calm the situation down.
Volunteer
Volunteer EMT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 15, 2017
IT was great place to work and great stuffs and administrators. great place to work and been part to their great company. Over all it was a very great place to work.
Awesome place to work!
RESOURCE SPECIALIST ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  AdministrationDecember 22, 2016
Great experience as employee, but mainly focus in a positive team player environment. This healthcare organization has great opportunities to grow, but the best thing is that you are always in contact with administration for anything that you need.
Improving
RN ICU (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2016
This hospital is improving. There has been some improvement on nurse to patient ratios as well as system for how they are paying their employees based on previous experience. There is new management so I am hoping things will continue to get better.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
pay
Horrible place to work.
PAR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 27, 2016
Not a good place to work. Nurse's and PAR are very rude to patients and family members. You will be over worked and not compensated enough. No teamwork at all.
Cons
Overworked, not organized and low pay.
LVN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2016
Strongly bonded teamwork, with great opportunities for growth. there are a lot of changes happening at the moment with the company, a lot of positive changes.
Not the safest
Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 28, 2016
Decent company, great supervisor. However new policies being enacted in the Tenet System leave officers in jeopardy. Would not recommend you work for this hospital system.
Mission Trail Baptist
Registered Nurse - Telemetry/Progressive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 28, 2014
A very difficult place to work. The Baptist Health System does not encourage the success and professional growth of their employees.
mission trail
current (Current Employee) –  san antonio. txMarch 2, 2014
Patient ratios on tele/med surg 6-7 to one RN. Lots of nurses leaving, especially from tele. CNO is not visible at all. This used to be a great place to work. Do we have everything needed to perform our jobs? The answer is NO!
Pros
co-workers. team work make do with less
Cons
admin. cno out of touch with staff. patient ratios.
Acute care Hospital
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio TXNovember 27, 2012
Serving departments of Medicine Surgery OB and ER

Providing 24 hour services to Patients.

Great team work
Pros
fixed working schedule and up to date ehr
Cons
new hospital with processing issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Trail Baptist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Mission Trail Baptist Hospital Reviews by Location