Mission Yogurt Inc.

Working at Mission Yogurt Inc.: 21 Reviews

United States21 reviews

The growth of the company

The growth of the company is exciting and demanding, the willingness to teach is fantastic, the attitude of the management is welcoming and the patience they have with the learning curve is admirable. I have felt supported while learning and they allow me to do what I am good at while still helping me learn the things I am not. The future is looking very bright for this organization.

Good money terrible management

It's the airport your gonna make 300 bucks at least. It's the airport and they don't pay management enough to stay around. Overall totally worth it but your going to deal with a lot of problems.

Mission Yogurt Inc. insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Terrible environment

The corporate office is a terrible place to be. I wouldn’t recommend that anyone work here. Management are snakes and are constantly gossiping or talking negatively about their staff.

Great People

The environment is super diverse with people from all over the world. The Support team jump on any task given to help managers/store locations in succeeding with everyday operations. As you settle into your position here at mission, You will quickly feel like you are apart of a family and will not want to leave.

I was given the opportunity of making decisions in the best interest of the guest

I was with Mission Yogurt for a little longer than six years. I loved the fast paced environment, teamwork and some of the management team. I believe that if the employees were given the opportunity of addressing problems in the company with Human Resources instead of just going with whatever management states is true, things would have been a little better. There was a long period of employment where there was an outstanding management team. A couple bad managers come in and it disrupts everything. Overall it is a great company to work for.

Pros

Free food, health insurance, life insurance and company parties

Cons

Better communication with management and Human Resources to listen to their employees

It’s was good Nd had lots of fun working with new peoples and had great experience

There was a good management and had helpful team members and get lots of new thing to learn and really good to work there and a wonderful day at work with new people and I get to know and learn new things from there.

Pros

Free launch a

Cons

Short and long breaks

Would not recommend

Working at the airport in San Diego the job itself is good. But the staff makes it a mentally unhealthy and toxic environment for new employees. They treat new employees as inferiors instead of embracing a teamwork environment.

Great at Team Building

In office meetings are great, usually starting off with a game or a fun group activity. Management is very in-to team building and building the best team possible. The best work days are going out to the airport and checking in on what is happening there. Management genuinely cares about their employees and helping to make their employees the best they can be.

Pros

Airport Badge

Cons

Long hours expected

Poor

The management is very poor I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone it’s stressful and overwhelming they don’t give you proper training new rule every day.

No support from upper management

They seem to hire unqualified people to manage stores, fail to follow through with commitment, underpayment to staff, causing them to find new employment elsewhere.

Pros

I like my associates

Cons

Poor work environment

fun to work

receiving merchandise, unloading or unpacking it, marking it with codes to be identified, stocking shelves, heavy lifting, what i didn't like was that i had to work alone.

Yess. Good rep

Great Place to work. Fast pace workplace, Concouse C DIA. The place you can call home. Nice co-workers to work with. Very good app rating ash well as the company

Fun working nice friendly coworkers

It was fun working at mission yougurt People were nice.l learned a lot of things like cashier how to talk with costumer. I also did costumer service .

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

30 minute break30

Fast pace hostile workplace

I was expected to do almost management level duties at a entry level pay. Also, was verbally abused on almost daily basis along with other co-workers. The only reason I stayed a year was that it was first job and they gave me decent hours besides that I was treated terrible and was even expected to work through lunch at times. Lastly, on my days off I was bombarded with text messages from manager in group message when someone did something wrong or forgot something and was sad to see people cursed out by manager in these messages.

Pros

free lunch, ok hours

Cons

You were mistreated and they were in no way flexible with scheduleing

No Culture, and No work life balance for very low pay.

I opened my stores at 4 am having to leave my house at 2:30am. I generally operated each of my four concepts for a few hours each day in rotation and problem solve on the fly. There is absolutely NO formal training or existing training program! Your expected to learn EACH concepts operations, policies, and systems on your own, and then train your management team! Zero corporate support and the pay is 10K-20k below industry standard. There is a culture of cut-throat back-stabbery amongst the executive team and that reflect in their management and team member turnover... The only thing enjoyable is the diversity of customers and team members you encounter every day.

Pros

Fast paced, and diverse.

Cons

Everthing else!

Productive place to work

This is a very good place to work and I found myself doing ok there. The managment team is awesome the people that work there top tier its just a great place to work.

Pros

Hours are plentiful

productive work place

the people that work here are the best part about this job, management is extremely bad only a one manager actually wants to help you out. they don't care much about the employe

Very easy job!!

Perfect part time job for students. very easy you almost get paid just to stand there...too easy! its also no different than high school! a lot of gossip and favoritism.

Pros

$10 voucher for food daily.

Cons

short breaks, inside airport no where to go

Treat staff badly

high turnover rate and managers who only care about making their hours. A very disappointing experience and not recommended

Mission Yogurt is a place to start

Mission Yogurt is a place to start, to build your experience and your resume, but it is not a place for one to remain, and hope for a career.A typical day consists of helping thousands of hungry customers in a nonstop busy environment. I was able to learn many of my management and leadership skills there, mostly because the managers had been so reliant on me that I was forced to become a great leader. The management differed from each restaurant, some were hectic, others were easy going. and some management had no idea what they were doing. Co- workers were probably my favorite part of work, not only because it's easy to make friends, but you can learn all kinds of different cultures with the foreigners that work. The most difficult thing to do would probably be running a store when multiple employees fail to show. and the most enjoyable was the new customers I would meet each day.

Pros

free meals (within company)

Cons

hectic business

Fun & alot of free food

Mission Yogurt Inc. is a fast pace place, it's alot of fun once you get the hang of things. I remember when I first started, I messed up so much (putting the soft serve in a cake cone) the manager just laughed. I liked that MYI had employee appreciation were they take us to Elitches Gradens in the summer. I liked that the managers give gifts on our bithday's.

Pros

free food, ice cream

Cons

no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Yogurt Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits