Mississippi Behavioral Health Services Employee Reviews

Best place
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 12, 2019
I really enjoyed my time with MBHS the executive director and clinical director were very supportive. When I decided to move on from the company they wished me well and let me know that I was welcomed back anytime!
Pros
Everything! Very family oriented environment and supportive supervisors
Cons
No 401k- we were told that the company is looking into options however
Seriously MDHS & Medicaid Shut This Place Down
MHT (Former Employee) –  MississippiMarch 9, 2019
Serious issues in the Mississippi offices. No one, not 1 person seems to be competent. Recorded during a meeting without permission. Denied Sick time with o reason, checks were screwed up on more than 1 occassion, lackluster managers, no training...did I mention incompetent? The psychiatrist list his licensure. Had to contact a team of lawyers.
I wouldn't recommend this job to a patch of dead grass.

Seriously, this place should be shut down!
Pros
Lesson learned
Cons
Lessons learned hard
Real Problems with the Gulfport Clinic
MHT (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 1, 2019
Managers are power hungry and act superior to everyone else. They talk down to you. Are disrespectful. They turn away work, come in late, take extended lunches, nap in their offices or do things that are not job related, leave early, but hold everyone accountable to company rules and policies.
There is also an obvious discrimination issue (reverse discrimination).
Upper management (Area Manager, Regional Manager, and CEO) had been informed of issues but have done nothing to address it.
Clinical and Assistant Clinical Manager turn away much needed work / Clients.
Excessively high turn around of employees should tell upper management there is a problem, but again they are blind to this.
If you work a 40 hour week and you are only able to get 29.75 client contact time. You get paid only for the 29.75 hours (requirement is 30 hours total contact time), and limited travel (about half), for the week, and they call this an incentive.
Pros
Cons
Read Review
I've been looking for a new job since my second day
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  MississippiJanuary 31, 2019
You'll spend most of your day driving, but don't expect decent reimbursement for the wear and tear on your car. Ridiculous caseload expectations PLUS you have to do all your notes at home, most likely LATE at night since your days and evenings are spent seeing clients. You will work over 40 hours but the company will not pay overtime. Company does not provide tools and resources needed to do your job or reimbursement for buying them (a computer/laptop/tablet to do notes on, therapy books or tools to use with clients, etc). NO communication from head offices; I don't even know their names, titles, or how to contact them. Supervisors can do nothing all day since no one's above them, and corporate doesn't bother to check up on the offices. We've had several staff members quit recently, but corporate doesn't seem to care or wonder why we've lost 40% of our staff in just two weeks.
Cons
Long hours, low pay, terrible benefits
Company has no benefits
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 22, 2019
No Retirement Plan
3 days sick leave after a year?? Really 3 days? You get vacation if approved of one week.
Office People get flex time but do not have any time to use it because they always are in office.
The pay is an insult to anyone in the company.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Benefits and Pay
Great place to start to learn the buisness
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MS 39180January 16, 2019
This is a great place to work but your hours and your pay depends on how competitive you can be in seeing your clients. If you don't meet your quota of 30 hours per billable hours per week you will not get paid a 40 hour check or receive your full travel benefits.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Money not guranteed
Inconsistent and has no structure
Mental health therapist (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, MSNovember 29, 2018
I do not recommend this agency until the CEO has reconstructed the agency to provide more structure and consistency.There were several times when I Did not get a full check when I met my 30 hours due to miscommunication from upper management. Upper management outside the local office does not care about the workers or if there hours after correct. Constant stress every week on getting 30 hours which leaves you working weekends 8 to 9 hour days not including the time you have putting in notes at home which takes another 5 to 6 hours of no pay. No personal time , holidays/ time off which is left to your discretion. Traveling outside of service area with low travel that is set and not by the mile. If you don't make your 30 hours you won't get the 10 they give you to make 40 as well as travel. Worst job experience ever.
Pros
Helping clients
Cons
Low pay for hours worked, lack of support from upper management, paycheck is not guaranteed, low travel disbursement
I love my job!
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, MSNovember 28, 2018
Seriously. I love my job. It is weird to say loving a job, but this company is awesome! I am able to see my people for counseling and that is it. I have to do my notes, that is with any company, but I can create my schedule that works for me and do not feel bogged down by a typical company that is solely 8-5, M-F. Other agencies that I have worked for were super micromanaging, but this agency actually trusts me to do what I was trained to do.
Pros
Flexibility, Competitive pay, trainings
Cons
travel stipend
Nice place to work.
Director (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39212November 5, 2018
I love working for the company. Invest in it's employees and promotes from within. Working environment is very fun. Opportunity for growth is good. Management is easy to access.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Retirement
Balanced
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MSAugust 17, 2018
Working for MBHS offers me a lot of freedom and balance. I feel that I can do my job and spend time with my family. I enjoy being out in the community and have flexibility to do as needed throughout my day. Positive and rewarding are also words I would use to describe my interactions with clients and my supervisors/fellow staff members.
A very bad place to work
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSJune 20, 2018
No management , long hr.
A lot of paper work with not time to complete it in . Long hours need to get the job completed with out payment for over time work
Pros
People I work with
Cons
no management
Working with kids was the only plus
Css (Former Employee) –  MississippiMay 13, 2018
You work 30 hrs and get paid for 40. Seems great but you put in much more looking for clients who are hard to schedule. Company is aware but does not care. You don't reach your 30 and you only get paid for whatever hours you obtain. This is the case when it's not your fault. Management is not in the field and is only concerned with you making billable hours for clients they do not care about. Numbers are the only goal. You spend more time on notes and chasing clients and it's well over 40 or 50 hrs a week so don't be fooled.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Horrible hours no life outside of work. Even when youre off you are hassled about work
Supportive/Professional Growth
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSApril 20, 2018
MBHS is a great place to work. My clinical supervisor is very competent and does a great job at helping me feel supported and appreciated every day. Notes are due daily and they are reviewed daily with helpful feedback to improve professionalism and clinical documentation.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Support, Team player environment
Productive and Rewarding
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 16, 2018
As a Therapist, I am able to work with my client's on achieving their goals and helping them in their daily life. While I know that being a therapist is a challenging job, I really find that the work I do is very rewarding and I feel very supported by my supervisor and other staff members. In order to be successful in this job/agency, organization and time structure is very important. Like most agencies in MS, MBHS requires billable hours, which for some people causes a problem, but for me, it allows me to flexible in my time/schedule both professionally and personally.
Pros
High Pay, Flexibility, Autonomy, No Micromanagement
Worst job ever!
Mental health therapist (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSMarch 10, 2018
Can you give a company less than one star? This place was horrible. Upper Management was always clueless. They claimed they had agencies in Louisiana but they ran the place like this was their first time. They could never answer your questions about policy. Our on site director should have been fired but they kept giving her chances. Her treatment plans were never done in a timely fashion. Every one of the original employees I started out with quit. I quit without even having another full time job to go to. This place made me physically ill. The constant stress of having to make your hours or you wouldn't get paid the full amount was awful! And from what I hear, it's gotten worse since I left.....
Pros
I liked my co-workers.
Cons
Pto, travel pay, management, etc, etc
Please consider your work/life balance before getting this job
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSDecember 19, 2017
I would not recommend taking this job with a career in mind. You'll be exhausted and burnt out in no time. My office staff was fantastic and supportive, but there is a clear lack of communication in upper management. In addition, they short your paycheck if you don't get 30 billable hours. For example, you're supposed to get paid for 40 work hours but you get 29.5 hours, then that's all you will get paid for because they don't comp the other ten hours if you get less than 30 hours. In addition to billing hours, you're required to drive very long distances to meet clients. I spent over 40 hours in my car last month and the mileage reimbursement is terrible. They are too focused on billing Medicaid clients and do not consider the employees' needs. Upper management needs to consider the benefits of extrinsic motivation and positive reinforcement for their employees. Again, I loved my office staff, but I could not pursue a long term, sustainable career in this company.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Expensive benefits, no PTO, minimal sick days, short paychecks
Not a good place to work for.
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSOctober 25, 2017
I would not recommend this agency to anyone unless they don't mind having their paycheck shortened, constant inconsistency, unorganization, ineffective communication and excessive wear and tear on their vehicle with ridiculous mileage reimbursement. They care more about money than the well being of clients. This was nothing I expected before being hired. Totally different from what I was told during the interview process. They don't supply any materials for therapists to work with. Not even a laptop, but expect you to get your notes in at a timely fashion. Not professional at all. All I can say is that this was "the worse" experience I've had with an agency in the mental health field and I've worked for three mental health agencies prior to this one.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Unprofessional
Great Company
Therapist/Counselor (Current Employee) –  MississippiOctober 24, 2017
MBHS is a great place to work if you are willing to work and actually care about your work/clients. Unlike other offices I had worked for, they really are willing to work with you and help you be successful. Management does well in training, it is a quick work pace, and you feel like you do make a difference for your clients.
Pros
great pay and good management
Cons
travel reiumbursement
Some days ok and others were not.
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSOctober 4, 2017
Not a job that I considered working at for long. If you did not meet your 30 hours for that week, you were not going to get the 40 hours a week. Your check was going to be short and you was not going to get paid for your mileage.
Terrible!!
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 12, 2017
Terrible company to work for. Management only cares about billing Medicaid of clients not concerned about quality care of clients. Employees paid based on billable hours they bill. Suppose to be full time employee but gets paid like part-time. No sick or vacation time until employeed for a year. Insurance premiums sky high. No mileage per diem but wants staff to travel to conduct sessions. Do not apply to work here!!
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Based on billable hours you bill to get paid for 40 hours work week, no work life balance very stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mississippi Behavioral Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8