Mississippi Lime Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Was a decent job
Assistant Kiln Operator (Current Employee) –  Huron, OHMarch 12, 2018
worked here for 2 years, I really like it. Then out of nowhere the plant got sold, Which caused a lot of uncertainty regarding the new owners. I wanted this to be the last company I worked for had no plans on leaving.
I enjoyed working here
Slurry Operator (Former Employee) –  Ste. Genevieve, MOJuly 5, 2017
I ran bull dossers and diesel electric rail cars. I've loaded rail cars and big dump trucks with product. Ive been a first level slurry operator and Ive been a second level slurry operator. And I've been a kiln operator a couple of nights.
Pros
Good money
Cons
55 hours a week average
Money needs to be better
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVMay 29, 2017
A typical day was putting in a lot of hours for little pay. Almost all loads were short mileage, usually running two trips a day. The better paying loads were farmed out to a 3rd party trucking outfit. You could make more money driving a garbage truck or water bottle - much more.

They need to pay a higher hourly wage for all hours worked and get rid of the mileage pay to make this a competitive position.
Pros
Decent benefits, home daily, partially set your own hours.
Cons
Low overall wage for time invested.
Very solid company to work for
Regional Sales Manager, Northeast Territory (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHMay 18, 2017
A very good company to work for. They have always taken care of their employees and families. Good management team. Family run business. So layers of management are few. Able to get information quickly.
Pros
Always looking for ways to grow
Cons
Sometimes they run to lean in regards to management.
Administrative
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sainte Genevieve, MOApril 26, 2017
Great place to work overall. The company has great benefits and employee's. Not much room for advancement in the position I am working in at this time.
Really good place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ste. Genevieve, MOJanuary 9, 2017
Was a really good place to work. Should have never left here to go back to the railroad. Everybody was very helpful and nice could work with anybody there with no problem.
Great place to work.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILSeptember 5, 2016
Challenges is what makes a job so great. This job certainly provided that. This job was truly a great job. I only quit because I decided to stay at home with our young daughters. The job was demanding but yet fulfilling. This is a great company to work for.
Pros
lunches with CEO
Cons
none that I can think of
poor
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ste. Genevieve, MOAugust 10, 2016
Very slow to finance projects. Very unpredictable release of funds. very difficult to schedule when a project will be released and effects contractor scheduling and procurement of equipment.

Once funded projects do have resources to execute.
Pros
Good cultured people
Cons
financing
Very productive work place.
Shipping Coordinator(Intern) (Former Employee) –  Ste. Genevieve, MO 63670March 1, 2016
My typical day would be shipping rail cars out for other company's. What i learned is how to use an ERP system and that is Enterprise resource planning. My co-workers were amazing because if i had a question about anything they wouldn't hesitate to help me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the office setting. I love working in offices.
Pros
Learned how to work in the office setting
Cons
I was an intern so i didn't get paid but I loved it so I didn't care.
Na
Account Payable Accountant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2015
This company really goes out its way to make sure their employees are happy. Mississippi Lime lacks advancement opportunities.

Want to know more about Mississippi Lime?

Ask a question
Solid Operations
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILAugust 29, 2014
Good company. I was able to grow technically and professionally.
nice place to work, just know traveling
maintenance supervisor (Current Employee) –  st-gen moJuly 9, 2014
set the crew for their jobs for the day.
look at breakdowns from the night before
inter payroll
get my self set up for my morninging production meeting and
afternoon maintenaqnce meeting.
the hardest part of my job is being on call 24/7
Good Benefits, Excluding Community
Plant Electrician (Former Employee) –  St. Genevieve, MissouriMay 31, 2013
I enjoyed commuting south of St. Louis rather than into the city for a change, but it is a very different work environment in a smaller town. I enjoyed getting the opportunity to train Apprentice Electricians.
Productive, informative. GREAT for experience.
Process Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Ste. Genevieve, MOFebruary 11, 2013
Start with a morning meeting where we went over yesterday's production, hiccups, or any problems that need solved today. Fix the immediate problems and proceed to work on special projects. Everyone was helpful and could tell you anything you asked about the process. Best part was the freedom of hours. Hardest part was sitting and waiting to take samples/run tests.
Teamwork enviorment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ste. Genevieve, Mo. 63670August 27, 2012
Doing my job day to day was made easier by the great co-workers. The teamwork their was outstanding. I had learned so many things on each job that i bid to. From fork truck, bobcat, dump truck, haul truck, loaders, locomotives, loading rail cars and trucks, and etc...The management and foreman always made sure a person was broke in and all safety procedures where followed before they were on their own. The hardest part of the job probably was the shift work. It takes some getting use to, but the job itself is worth it. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people i worked with. From co-workers to management, everyone i was involved with was so easy going and helpful. So that made going to work a lot more enjoyable.
dirty but steady
Lime Loader Technician (Former Employee) –  Sainte Genevieve, MOMay 30, 2012
Shift work but paid really well. Layoffs were a big problem,
Pros
good people
Cons
shiftwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mississippi Lime. Our community is ready to answer.