Mississippi Lime Employee Reviews

Would not recommend
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, KYApril 21, 2019
I worked for Mississippi lime for many years, and put in many hours there. I was promoted a couple of times only to get my job and hours taken from me. They cut my hours in half, and got rid of my job once they got a new manager. The management there is ridiculous. I would not recommend this company unless you're single with no family.
its work its not fun and games
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Ste. Genevieve, MOApril 20, 2019
You show up do your job safely and efficiently and then you go home. You cant be a pansy you have to be tough its a job just do it I am not writing a bunch of bullcrap too appease the snowflakes of today . If you cant handle a tough hard job with lots of stress then you don't want to work here because it will either make you or break you plain and simple
Pros
there is no free
Cons
no breaks
Beautiful office with cafe
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  SUNSET HILLS, MOJanuary 11, 2019
My first week of employment at MLC I was told by a CSR (who is now a Team Lead) that there is a huge turnover rate in the Customer Service department. Management micromanaged CSR's and they were very cliquish. If they didn't like you, they did everything they could to make your employment uncomfortable. They had a "training specialist" that was supposed to train you, but she was part of the clique, so I basically had to train myself.

I loved my job at MLC and I loved interaction with all of the customers, however I blame upper Management for allowing the CSR Management to continue to treat CSR's in such a disrespectful manner.
Pros
Beautiful remodelled office
Cons
Very poor management
“It’s just business”
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Genevieve, MOJanuary 9, 2019
Wonderful job at one point. The management was “snow globed” which created a new culture at the specific location I worked at a; culture of mediocrity and laziness. At one point everyone took pride in their jobs. Once new management was selected it plummeted, unfortunately!! Upper management claimed “it’s just business”. Strange since the core values preached the importance of their employees. The pay at my specific location was below the “main” operation and hard work was appreciated by a few and ignored by the rest. Insanely disappointing. 24/7 - 365 operation was extremely difficult on work life balance for all employees. My advice, ask for more money when interviewing it might make the other stress you’ll have to deal with somewhat bearable...
Pros
Travel/ education advancement/ HR brings doughnuts
Cons
VERY dirty environment/ “good old boys”/ 24/7 operation
Summer internship was good
Operational Excellence Intern (Former Employee) –  Ste. Genevieve, MODecember 10, 2018
I had a summer internship in the Operational Excellence department, and it was a very informative internship. I learned a lot about project management, and got some good experience in the manufacturing industry.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Small town
Overall a decent place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Sainte Genevieve, MODecember 6, 2018
Great place to work if they like you. They tend to treat people who are not from Sainte Genevieve different. Mississippi lime does tend to stick to they're core values.
Benefits
Cons
Managers discriminate
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MOSeptember 20, 2018
Mississippi Lime was an amazing place to work. Everyone was always willing to help and to give advise on how to help you with your job if you ever needed assistance. I would go back on a minute if I had the opportunity.
Pros
Great Enviroment
Cons
Long Communite
Preached about core values to employees. Noticed management did not follow.
Technician (Former Employee) –  MississippiJuly 16, 2018
Was appreciative of my job. But working long hours for many years, the management took advantage & did not treat employees with respect. Was very stressful. They like to wine & dine uppers and employees were dirt.
Pros
Payed pretty well.
Cons
Hard work never appreciated, favoritism with locations/groups with in company.
Multi - tasking required
Kiln Operator (Former Employee) –  Huron, OHJune 21, 2018
Ran production to the best of my knowledge . Maintained all equipment and did inspections on everything that was needed at the time .I ran lab reports and safety checks.
Was a decent job
Assistant Kiln Operator (Current Employee) –  Huron, OHMarch 12, 2018
worked here for 2 years, I really like it. Then out of nowhere the plant got sold, Which caused a lot of uncertainty regarding the new owners. I wanted this to be the last company I worked for had no plans on leaving.
Excellent Benefits
Office/Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sainte Genevieve, MODecember 28, 2017
Would recommend employment to friend; great benefits; family owned company; several different plant locations in the US; also has a trucking division; general laborer work as well as corporate
I enjoyed working here
Slurry Operator (Former Employee) –  Ste. Genevieve, MOJuly 5, 2017
I ran bull dossers and diesel electric rail cars. I've loaded rail cars and big dump trucks with product. Ive been a first level slurry operator and Ive been a second level slurry operator. And I've been a kiln operator a couple of nights.
Pros
Good money
Cons
55 hours a week average
Money needs to be better
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVMay 29, 2017
A typical day was putting in a lot of hours for little pay. Almost all loads were short mileage, usually running two trips a day. The better paying loads were farmed out to a 3rd party trucking outfit. You could make more money driving a garbage truck or water bottle - much more.

They need to pay a higher hourly wage for all hours worked and get rid of the mileage pay to make this a competitive position.
Pros
Decent benefits, home daily, partially set your own hours.
Cons
Low overall wage for time invested.
Very solid company to work for
Regional Sales Manager, Northeast Territory (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHMay 18, 2017
A very good company to work for. They have always taken care of their employees and families. Good management team. Family run business. So layers of management are few. Able to get information quickly.
Pros
Always looking for ways to grow
Cons
Sometimes they run to lean in regards to management.
Administrative
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sainte Genevieve, MOApril 26, 2017
Great place to work overall. The company has great benefits and employee's. Not much room for advancement in the position I am working in at this time.
Really good place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ste. Genevieve, MOJanuary 9, 2017
Was a really good place to work. Should have never left here to go back to the railroad. Everybody was very helpful and nice could work with anybody there with no problem.
Great place to work.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILSeptember 5, 2016
Challenges is what makes a job so great. This job certainly provided that. This job was truly a great job. I only quit because I decided to stay at home with our young daughters. The job was demanding but yet fulfilling. This is a great company to work for.
Pros
lunches with CEO
Cons
none that I can think of
poor
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ste. Genevieve, MOAugust 10, 2016
Very slow to finance projects. Very unpredictable release of funds. very difficult to schedule when a project will be released and effects contractor scheduling and procurement of equipment.

Once funded projects do have resources to execute.
Pros
Good cultured people
Cons
financing
Very productive work place.
Shipping Coordinator(Intern) (Former Employee) –  Ste. Genevieve, MO 63670March 1, 2016
My typical day would be shipping rail cars out for other company's. What i learned is how to use an ERP system and that is Enterprise resource planning. My co-workers were amazing because if i had a question about anything they wouldn't hesitate to help me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the office setting. I love working in offices.
Pros
Learned how to work in the office setting
Cons
I was an intern so i didn't get paid but I loved it so I didn't care.
Na
Account Payable Accountant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2015
This company really goes out its way to make sure their employees are happy. Mississippi Lime lacks advancement opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mississippi Lime. Our community is ready to answer.