Mississippi State Personnel Board Employee Reviews

Run Not Walk Away !!!
Medicaid Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 4, 2018
If considering working as a Medicaid Specialist, don’t waste your time. The schedule is great but the people you have to deal with are not even worth it. Turnover is extremely high but no one cares , they just keep shoveling the work your way and pretty much either you keep up or leave. No room for advancement anytime you’re willing to hire individuals outside of the agency with no experience rather than promote within. Supervisors and upper management are petty and let their emotions and feelings plays part in the way they treat you. No point in reporting it because nothing will be done. Pay is not enough for the stress level . Unless you want health issues such as high blood pressure and anxiety don’t bother !!
Pros
No weekends, no late hours
Cons
Extremely high turnover, rude upper management
Do not work here
Medicaid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSDecember 5, 2017
Terrible place Don't recommend. Evil management
So much work touul drown
Awful awful awful awful
I'd rather starve. It is horrible
Top people in Jackson are so dumb
Pros
Time off if u could ever take it
Cons
Terrible management. Evilness
Good work place
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  MississippiSeptember 13, 2017
A good place to work just be fair firm and consistent. Work with other as a team. Be willingly to learn new things and go to work everyday to move up and a certain position.
Pros
Average
Cons
Short break
Don't waist yout time
Disability Examiner II (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 22, 2017
I've worked here 3 years. I have performed wonderfully and I enjoy my job. I was promised an increase in pay every year for the first 4 years. Well, I've only received one and have been given the work as if I have advanced to the next level. The work is tedious and a bad supervisor will make this job a miserable one for you. The perks are that you have personal time, other than that you WILL need a second job . Also the people are miserable and want you to be miserable too. Don't dare come to work happy. It won't last.
Pros
Personal and Sick time
Cons
Sucky Supervisors, Low pay, miserable environment
productive
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSAugust 21, 2016
I really enjoy of teaching chemistry. working with students is very interesting for me when I have chance to transfer my knowledge to students. I can have friendly contact with students and also my college. chemistry can be a difficult subject for most students and the teacher should know how makes the material understandable for students, my student believe that I am very helpful and patient toward teaching subjects.
Family Protection Worker FORREST County
Family Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 27, 2016
I enjoyed helping working with the families, but case loads are too big. Management doesn't support staff. Training is long and useless. On call is terrible. The Judge in FORREST county is TERRIBLE. He yells and belittles staff at every hearing. I had to be put in anxiety medication and ended up with ulcers working this job for a year.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Judge, long hours
State government agency
Evaluation/Counselor III (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 25, 2016
Excellent place to work and learn. Liason with constituents, state legislators, and other state agency personnel. Great co-workers with family atmosphere. Team spirit type of environment.
Great Experience
Legal Extern (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 22, 2013
I worked in a legal extern capacity. My main tasks were researching various employment law issues relating to state agencies, as well as monitoring the state Legislature and tracking bills.
Professional Development
Director of Support Staff Training Programs (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 14, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I have the opportunity to assist state employees with their professional and personal development as the Director of Support Staff Training Programs.