Mississippi State Personnel Board Employee Reviews

Division of medicaid mccomb ro(dont apply here)
Administrative Assistant IV (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSJuly 29, 2019
This is by far the worst supervision I have worked at it’s not the State personal board that’s horrible to work for its Medicaid office in Mccomb. The head supervisor is let get away with all cause of Bully and Harassing people. An when you turn her in nothing will be done about to her. It’s been swept under the rug an will continue to be that way.
Job security
Correction Officer II (Former Employee) –  Leakesville, MSJanuary 23, 2019
This is not for the faint of heart, I came into this career wet behind the ears about what life was really about,being 19 years young and being an officer was an eye opener for me, I was there four years, after my second year it was clockwork and I loved it just wished I could go back and finish my years and retire out there.
Pros
Overtime was unlimited
Cons
Work/life blended together too often
Bully
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 20, 2018
Worked for 3 years at first was great but new management made it difficult. If you don't agree with them they will just terminate you for no reason because they can. Too much work and the system is always down and then blame you. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything, supervisors, leadership
Avoid this place at all cost
DHS Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 14, 2018
My God! The worse decision I ever made. By far the worse job. The caseload is unbelievable and the staff of dumb! Regret the time I wasted here! DONT!
Pros
8am -5pm
Cons
Everything else
It was generally a good place to work.
Field Officer III (Former Employee) –  Wiggins, MSNovember 5, 2018
I loved working for the Mississippi Department of
Corrections in probation/ parole. I worked mainly by myself and enjoyed the job. The worst part of the job was the supervisor I had who didnt seem to care much about their employees or what risk they put their employee in.
Cons
No set breaks you took them if you could and weren’t busy.
Competitive and no job advancement
n/a (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 25, 2018
enough work to keep you busy. I had learned a lot from working there but did not get paid enough for all of the work and the experience I had. Plus I was there several years.
Pros
job security
Cons
no advancement and raises
Great place to work and retire.
Consultant I, II, and III (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 7, 2018
You have to stay focused on the job and not be distracted from completing the tasks for which you are employed. The hardest part of the job is not knowing the motivations of people. Be discreet and conservative in your behavior, your attire, and the information you provide. The most enjoyable part was receiving a regular pay check and health benefits.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Having conversations that are used against you.
Run Not Walk Away !!!
Medicaid Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 4, 2018
If considering working as a Medicaid Specialist, don’t waste your time. The schedule is great but the people you have to deal with are not even worth it. Turnover is extremely high but no one cares , they just keep shoveling the work your way and pretty much either you keep up or leave. No room for advancement anytime you’re willing to hire individuals outside of the agency with no experience rather than promote within. Supervisors and upper management are petty and let their emotions and feelings plays part in the way they treat you. No point in reporting it because nothing will be done. Pay is not enough for the stress level . Unless you want health issues such as high blood pressure and anxiety don’t bother !!
Pros
No weekends, no late hours
Cons
Extremely high turnover, rude upper management
Do not work here
Medicaid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSDecember 5, 2017
Terrible place Don't recommend. Evil management
So much work touul drown
Awful awful awful awful
I'd rather starve. It is horrible
Top people in Jackson are so dumb
Pros
Time off if u could ever take it
Cons
Terrible management. Evilness
Good work place
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  MississippiSeptember 13, 2017
A good place to work just be fair firm and consistent. Work with other as a team. Be willingly to learn new things and go to work everyday to move up and a certain position.
Pros
Average
Cons
Short break
Family Protection Worker I
Family Protection Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbia,MsJuly 2, 2017
I worked in Marion County as an Family Protection Worker. The agency is not a bad agency but MARION COUNTY IS HORRIBLE!!! The workers cannot do their job because they have to do whatever the court says. This county takes too many children into custody without attempting to work with the families. They take children in custody for Truancy issues. There is no permanent supervision in the county. The turnover in this county is high. The caseload is high, the minimum caseload for a worker is 25 the highest to date has been over 40. This county needs to be specialized. They have too many children in custody and close to 100 up for adoption. This county should be shut down!
Pros
Medical insurance, working with families
Cons
High caseloads, low pay
Don't waist yout time
Disability Examiner II (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 22, 2017
I've worked here 3 years. I have performed wonderfully and I enjoy my job. I was promised an increase in pay every year for the first 4 years. Well, I've only received one and have been given the work as if I have advanced to the next level. The work is tedious and a bad supervisor will make this job a miserable one for you. The perks are that you have personal time, other than that you WILL need a second job . Also the people are miserable and want you to be miserable too. Don't dare come to work happy. It won't last.
Pros
Personal and Sick time
Cons
Sucky Supervisors, Low pay, miserable environment
productive
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSAugust 21, 2016
I really enjoy of teaching chemistry. working with students is very interesting for me when I have chance to transfer my knowledge to students. I can have friendly contact with students and also my college. chemistry can be a difficult subject for most students and the teacher should know how makes the material understandable for students, my student believe that I am very helpful and patient toward teaching subjects.
Family Protection Worker FORREST County
Family Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 27, 2016
I enjoyed helping working with the families, but case loads are too big. Management doesn't support staff. Training is long and useless. On call is terrible. The Judge in FORREST county is TERRIBLE. He yells and belittles staff at every hearing. I had to be put in anxiety medication and ended up with ulcers working this job for a year.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Judge, long hours
State government agency
Evaluation/Counselor III (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 25, 2016
Excellent place to work and learn. Liason with constituents, state legislators, and other state agency personnel. Great co-workers with family atmosphere. Team spirit type of environment.
Great Experience
Legal Extern (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 22, 2013
I worked in a legal extern capacity. My main tasks were researching various employment law issues relating to state agencies, as well as monitoring the state Legislature and tracking bills.
Professional Development
Director of Support Staff Training Programs (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 14, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I have the opportunity to assist state employees with their professional and personal development as the Director of Support Staff Training Programs.