Mississippi State University Employee Reviews

free and pansionate
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 24, 2018
Working in MSU gives me an unforgettable experience. Teaching assistant taught me how to teach the class and how to make friends with my students. Working as a graduate researcher in MSU benefits me a lot. We don't have fixed office time, we settled up a goal each week, and arrange our time by ourselves to finish each week task.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
not very good salary
News Writer (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 21, 2018
The Reflector Student Newspaper, which is Mississippi State's student-run newspaper, has really helped me in my meteorological endeavors, for the content published can be helpful with online forecasts that I may have to write down the line.
University focused on research
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hand Laboratory, Starkville, MSMay 16, 2018
A good school, and an alright place to work for. I was hired as a tutor to help other students learn low level chemistry and also participated in research focused on cancer drugs. Both good opportunities I suggest all students take advantage of.
Easy place to work
Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 7, 2018
Being an IA at Mississippi State University is not a hard job. The residents are usually quite friendly, and the shifts go by quickly because everyone is very upbeat and social.
My job duties at Mississippi State (field worker)
Intermittent Worker (Former Employee) –  Stoneville, MSMay 6, 2018
I usually worked out in the fields in Stoneville, MS from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. I spent my time chopping weeds, spraying pesticides or herbicides on crops, worked on pieces of farm equipment in need of repair, irrigated crops and or prepared for crops irrigation, etc.. I learned a lot on how to irrigate crops and the stages of planting. The culture was very unique in that DREC is the largest agricultural research center in the U.S.. There were no hard parts of the job, other than when the heat reached very high temperatures of 100+ degrees with heat index in the open fields. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning to operate new pieces of farm equipment that once had seemed very foreign to me.
Pros
Learning new farm technology
Cons
Temporary, reliant on weather
no comment
Computer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSMay 4, 2018
Mississippi State University is a good place to work but compensation is not being met. The health care is not good and is the reason I am looking for other jobs.
Great research and teaching experience
Research Assistant Biology Department (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 3, 2018
I truly enjoyed working in the Biology department teaching and doing research. It was a very progressive and diverse work environment, the staff was cutting edge in their fields.
Great while in school
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSApril 29, 2018
It was a great way to get to know professors better. Also, by teaching and grading a class that I already took, it helped me learn the information even better and it was a great refresher going into my senior level design class
good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSApril 26, 2018
It is a good institution where you can nurture your research endeaves under the best research environment. I am satisfied with the facilities here in USC.
Very friendly working environment
Dietetic Internship (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSApril 24, 2018
People there are very friendly and are able to help as much as they can! Woking pace is not as fast as in NYC or California cities, so people have good life-working balance.
Great place for a student working assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSApril 19, 2018
I loved my student working position at MSU while I was a full time student. It was a way to earn extra money while gaining experience. I learned how to answer the phones, students questions, and assist professors with daily tasks. It was a great environment to work in. If I didn't know how to do something the professors were happy to help teach me without making me feel inferior. I enjoyed filing student paperwork the most. It was alot of work but there was something relaxing about it to me. It required alot of organization.
Athletic Media Relations - Intern (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 31, 2018
Mississippi State University is an extremely good place to work. The atmosphere and managers are tremendous. The work environment pushes to achieve, but offers great opportunities to learn.
Pros
Location, Supervision, Atmoshere
Cons
Cannot find one
Different views
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 27, 2018
It can be a challenge to balance class and work. Though if you can do that and do not mind being at work 3 am. Then I would recommend it. The summer is much easier to, because of no classes and you can build up a bunch of layover hours.
Love Bulldog Country!
Residence Hall Director (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 5, 2018
Terrific experience working in the Housing and Residence Life Department. It was truly a pleasure to work with staff and students that had promoted good solid relationships.
Football intern
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSFebruary 28, 2018
As an athletic trainer intern, responsibilities were limited to football. Fun environment to be around SEC football on day to day basis. Long hours and after school obligations.
Good position during grad school
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSFebruary 27, 2018
It was a good position to have while completing my degree. I helped answer calls and questions from students, parents, and staff. Also, I participated in research assignments and helped professors when needed.
Work place
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSFebruary 23, 2018
Mississippi State University is more like a family oriented environment. The faculty and staff are just like one big family. A typical day at work is eventful filled with campus projects and events throughout the week. I learned how to become a people person. Being apart of this great workforce was a blessing to me. I enjoyed how well everyone got alone. When one person needed there was always someone to step in give a lending hand.
Great starter job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSFebruary 13, 2018
I really enjoyed my manager. My job helped me to further my skills with computers and I also worked on prompt time management as well. This was a great starter job for me.
Great Opportunities to Learn
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSFebruary 5, 2018
MSU offers many undergraduate research positions that are tremendous opportunities for applying classroom knowledge. I would recommend applying if you have any interest in graduate school or want to experience hands on learning of classroom concepts.
Productive and fun workplace
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSFebruary 5, 2018
I love working at Mississippi State University. As a student, they work around my schedule to assure that I have enough time to do school work. It also teaches me how to manage my time.
Pros
Cafe on the 1st floor