Missouri Baptist Medical Center Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
enjoy working
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 3, 2018
you worked alone side with another associate , you shared the work load and phone calls, very pleasant place to work. hardest is when you loss a Patients.
Pros
12 hours shifts and great people to work with
Cons
when you loss your Patients
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 29, 2018
This is a very nice hospital. Management is supportive of their staff. You are recognized when your work is done well. Team work is great. Working environment is clean and safe.
Pros
competitive pay. good work environment
Great hospital pharmacy
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 6, 2018
Loved everything about working at Missouri Baptist Medical Center Pharmacy except for the compensation package. Work atmosphere was great... lots of help to get things done. There was a relaxed but steady workflow that allowed me to get my work done without being pressured. Working with other medical staff in the hospital made me feel that I was accomplishing something greater that simply filling prescriptions. I received great support from management and always received extra help when I needed it.
The only downside to working at Missouri Baptist, and I guess, at most other hospitals, is the compensation package. Because BJC (Barnes Jewish Christian) is non-profit, there obviously was no profit sharing. And salary levels are typically less than retail pharmacy. But overall, the professional atmosphere and work conditions can't be beat.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Lower compensation
good place to work
Assistant Nurse Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 1, 2018
Small enough to feel like a family, yet large enough to offer growth opportunities. Missouri Baptist encourages personal growth and development and supports advancement from within.
Pros
Pension plan
Cons
work life balance
Great place to work and broaden you career
Senior Patient Access (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 5, 2018
I've worked for MoBapt for 30 yrs under many different productive and pleasant positions. Management has been great for me during this time.Wish I was still there.
Pros
Excellent opts to advance in the system
Competitive workplace that has some down falls
Billing and Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 24, 2018
Unfortunately most management is not the best and they do not really advocate for employees. There have been many situations where employees are hung out to dry because management doesn't step in when it is time. There is a lot of camaraderie between employees though which does help when someone needs help with one thing or another. But even with its flaws it is honestly the best place I have ever worked.
Pros
Discounts, Good benefits
Cons
horrible management
God job
Lead Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 14, 2018
Loved my job and working at the hospital. Very fast paced job. I worked alone at night so was able to work alone and make decisions as needed. Was able to advance.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Worked alone so had to take breaks at my desk while continuing to work
MoBap
Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2018
I love everything about my job and Missouri Baptist Medical Center besides human resources. To them you are just a body filling in shifts. But the hospital itself and managers are awesome!
It has been over 10 years
Clerical and Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63131January 3, 2018
I didn't care for my manager, for some reason we had a conflict of personality. I never understood it. But I worked long and hard hours when no one else would work them. Enjoyed most of my time there and was paid fairly.

I saw and admired courage and strength when they were terminally ill. I witnessed loved ones suffering due to out of control circumstances. I prayed with a few. I also witnessed people trying to get around the system.

The hardest part, pleasing people that couldn't be pleased because of their illness or the illness of a loved one.
Pros
The pay was fair.
Cons
Sometimes their was favoritism.
Great Hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MODecember 7, 2017
Wonderful hospital to work at. The culture is friendly, caring, and compassionate. I no longer work there but continue to take my family there when there is an emergency
Hospital Environment
Louis - Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 30, 2017
It's an environment where you are responsible for the lively-hood of your patients. This job is not for someone who is uneducated, inexperienced, or easily stressed.
benefits
fun fulfilling workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MONovember 28, 2017
it truly has a caring atmosphere, good benefits and time off. Have , ood discount, pharmacy discounts as well.Good work-life balance able to take vacation time
my Experience
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  West PavillionOctober 28, 2017
I had a wonderful experience working at MOBAP. From co workers to managers it was a learning experience. My experience allowed me to expand myself and to finish college.
Great place
Labor and Delivery Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 16, 2017
I loved being in the labor and delivery floor. There were a lot of great nurses and doctors. Loved being with the patients were the best. Welcoming a little life into the world was amazing
First job as an MD
Chief Anesthesiologist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 13, 2017
Supervised CRNA

I administered Anesthesia

Managed an Independant Corporation of over 10,000 surgical cases a year

The hardest part of the job was trying to create harmony among surgeons

The most enjoyable part was I created a job opportunity for over 30 employees ( all very well compensated ).
Pros
Loved the challenge
Cons
Very competitive
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Town and Country, MOOctober 10, 2017
Great group of employees to work with. Patients are our number 1 concerned. Great benefits. Have employees discounts. Most patients rooms newly remodeled.
Pros
Awesome employee
Cons
Short staffed
Ed
RN (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 24, 2017
Busy ED, great group of people to work with, slow physicians leading to long wait times, everyone has to come through the ED no direct admits. Overall great place to work.
Excellent
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 21, 2017
Missouri Baptist Medical Center is an excellent place to work. Coworkers, managers, and other care members were great to work with. The inpatient surgical unit is a great unit to learn, advance your knowledge, and gain great relationships with Doctors and Nurse Practitioners.
Learned a lot and enjoyed helping patients.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Ballwin, MO 63011August 29, 2017
It was a great job. I worked as a Patient Access Representative at the call center part-time evenings. I was working in a full-time job too. I did pre-registration for patients coming in for their appointment. Entered demographic and insurance information into the electronic health record in STAR and PHS. Worked with a lot of diverse staff and learned a lot while I was there. It was a very busy job. Heavy incoming calls and also made outgoing calls to register patients for their upcoming appointment. Assisted calling patients coming in for surgery and read scripted information to the patient if they had anything for preparation for their upcoming procedure. The hardest part was just learning the job itself. A lot to learn and a lot of screens to go through and it is imperative that you are accurate and detailed oriented. Had a really good boss and very supportive. The most enjoyable part was helping people and taking care of the patient.
was alright
Pathology Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 22, 2017
Overall working at Mobap was not bad. The people I worked with were great and overall the job was very interesting. I learned a lot about things that i never thought I would which was great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Missouri Baptist Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight