Missouri Farm Bureau Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, MOAugust 2, 2018
A typical day at work included answering phones and filing.
The hardest part of the job was the turn over rate of agents and having to train them to where the rest of the staff was at.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was never the same thing.
Great Company
Regional on-call CSR (Former Employee) –  North Central MissouriMay 22, 2018
Missouri Farm Bureau is a great company to work for. I had applied for a position within the company but someone else was selected therefore I had to move on as I needed more stability/hours since I was only a Regional on-call. The on-call position would be great for a single person or retired person looking for minimal hours, decent pay, and a great company to work for, and no weekends!
All on your own
Multi-Line Agent (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MOOctober 3, 2017
You have absolutely zero support from anyone in management. Mainly because none of them have a clue about what you actually do. The ones that do, just don't have the time to help.
Busy/ productive day
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Robert, MOAugust 27, 2015
Busy/productive day with support from the Agents. I learned alot. from programs to insurance, agricultural facts, and etc. My co-workers and I always worked as a team. Hardest part of the job was when we were short staffed and trying to manage all my responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers and learning more and more each day about insurnce and the growing a bond with customers
Pros
weekday job
Cons
lead manager for secretaries
Nice job but low pay
PROGRAMMER ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJanuary 6, 2015
Pay isn't the best and the upper management heavily prefers older employees, regardless of actions or skill. Not a terrible place to work but be aware that the best way to get respect is to simply have worked here for a long time rather than any real accomplishments.
Unless you're an agent, then you get automatic respect.
Pros
Respectable work and expectations, Fun coworkers, Solid and dependable job
Cons
Managment plays favorites, Low pay
Okay place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cassville, MOSeptember 22, 2014
A typical day at work is for me to write a couple of Auto and Home Property quotes.

Management is okay. My co-worker is wonderful.

The hardest part of the job - not knowing what to do since I've never been trained.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Pay
A high volume Office with great customer service
Secretary (Former Employee) –  115 w Potter Ave. Kirksville, MO 63501May 2, 2013
Farm Bureau was a very fast pace business that required a lot of multi tasking. Over this past year things changed drastically. We added another Secretary and two more agents. That made my job even tougher because I had been there for several years it became my job to train all the new people.

I think the best part of the job was the customers. I am a real people person so it was a pleasure working all of the customers that came into the office.

The worst part of the job was the training I had to do. Not that I don't like helping the others in the office, it just added three times more work without any increase in wages.
Awsome place.
Secretary/ Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOJanuary 26, 2013
Workday started at 8:00 am. I handled customer service and applying payments to customer accounts. I also quoted insurance for vehicles, set appointments for the agent. Everyone was great to work with. I enjoyed helping customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Missouri Farm Bureau. Our community is ready to answer.