Missouri State University Employee Reviews

Stahp
User Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 12, 2018
this is a bunch of text because i dont want to fill out your dumb survey. get out of here with this nonsense you're making it quite hard to apply to jobs
A first-generation student experiment.
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 22, 2018
Students here largely want to get a degree, and that's usually as far as their passion for learning goes. I have worked in the Theatre and Dance department for a decade now. Someone at my Associate level just got hired two years ago and now earns $17K more than I do. Where is the justice in that?
Pros
It is employment.
Cons
Students have no intellectual engagement or curiosity.
Productive and fun place to work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 16, 2018
Have to deal with all the professors and student
Upload the exam and help checking the exam
Help in research with the professors
Fun job if you like your work
Time oriented job
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 7, 2018
From an everyday basis we keep the campus looking nice and tend to the plants and lawn of the school as well. Other projects we have accomplished was building a fence for the school and power washing buildings.
Fast pace and an easy fun work enviroment
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 6, 2018
I love working at Missouri State University, but it can be very stressful at times, under staffed a lot, coworkers are easy to get a long with, and can make the workplace enjoyable. I feel that we are underpaid as employees, there is no raises except cost of living. A typical day at work is usually good, time flies by, and the atmosphere is mostly positive. Everyone has those day though. I learned how to become a professional cleaner, use cleaning equipment, like a side by side, carpet extractor, doodlebug, etc. Management is really professional, respectful, understanding, and nice in the department that I work in. The work culture is great. The hardest part of the job is being short staffed with a lot of stuff to take care of in only 8 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job, is the job itself, it's fun, fast paced, so you really don't get bored, and the co workers are fun.
Pros
Good benefits, full time, and good work environment.
Cons
Paid once per month, short staffed a lot, and underpaid.
Overall a fabulous experience!
Assistant Director, Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 1, 2018
It was a very informative and personally fulfilling experience. I was able to interact with stalwart academics along with economically
challenged students. I learned a great deal and benefited from the wonderful relationships that were developed during this endeavor.
Pros
Free lunches were a bonus!
Cons
None that I can recall.
Graduate Student Job
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Missouri State University, SpringfieldFebruary 24, 2018
Attending classes. Reviewing lab options, planning for labs. Teaching labs twice a week. Studying and conducting research activities.
Grading papers and plant disease collections.
Pros
Allowed freedom to create my own lab experiments.
Professional
Student Vision Screener (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 14, 2018
Everyone is nice ans professional. It's a friendly environment, and people are willing to help you succeed. I recommend working there, it will be a great experience.
Life as a TA
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 11, 2018
I went to MO state as a grad student. Low pay and long hours, but the staff is generally good and helpful. Mandatory volunteer work in each department is a waste of time. Otherwise this is a fine institution.
Friendly and Engaging Work Environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 31, 2018
The staff and faculty work together to provide a safe and engaging place for students to learn and study. Inter-departmental communications are sufficient and everybody is always willing to help each other.
Pros
Vacation times during school year
Fun, collaborative place to work with various individuals
Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 31, 2018
Working at Missouri State University you get to interact with lots of different individuals and really find your place and help people find theirs. You learn skills that you will use in the real world.
Pros
Works with your schedule, friendly environment
Cons
Some late hours if you choose to pick those up
Wealth of fun
Associate Sports Information Director (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 24, 2018
Loved the sports environment; Witnessed various accomplishments within the athletic department; took pride in our work; travel was stressful but very rewarding.
Pros
Interaction with student athletes.
Cons
travel
Easy going job
Monroe Front Desk Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 15, 2018
Good job to have while in school. Flexible hours. However, there is a maximum of 20 hours a week. Coworkers are helpful. No upward advancement. Pretty low stress.
Good school, lots of opportunities.
Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 14, 2018
Loved it, good choice. Ready and prepared to look for a long-term/stable job. I have been a part of many shows during my time at this school and I feel that I am well rounded and ready to succeed.
Collabrative workplace
Student Leader (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 11, 2018
As an international student, I can not work off campus, so I choose to work on campus. I was trying to gain more work experience in school. But I really learnt a lot beyond work experience.
DESK CLERK (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO 65897December 18, 2017
It is a great place to work while you are working on your degree. It allows you time to work on your education while also making some money to help pay for things.
Okay
Janitor (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MONovember 14, 2017
Okay place to work for workstudy, if you know where to go. Do NOT go into food service or work at the library. Not worth the pay. Some of the management is very corrupt and everyone is losing motivation, even the previously good management and employees.
Pros
Workstudy, nice people
Cons
Pay, low work ethic
Great benefits. Some imbalance of job duties and workloads among departments
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 13, 2017
Faculty are paid much higher than staff, and you can sense some negativity between the two groups. Employer paid health insurance premiums and onsite wellness center were awesome. Politics and lack of career ladder were discouraging.
great place to work
Volunteer Women's Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 13, 2017
The volleyball coaching staff of Missouri State University is so great with which to work. Springfield is a great town. Not too big and not too small.
Great Experience.
Graduate Assistantship (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 6, 2017
Being a graduate assistant was a challenge but so rewarding. Being able to help with various research projects and tasks was a great opportunity. It was also beneficial in gaining teaching experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Missouri State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

3.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight