Mistras Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

cutthroat management looking out for themselves
rope tek level 3 (Former Employee) –  f mac albertaApril 20, 2019
never again will i work here management never answered phone or email no respect whole place is who you ---- not about your knowledge or effort you pu in day to day
Pros
good co workers
Cons
management self serving
Insufficient staffing
Administration (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 11, 2019
Company wouldn't hire sufficient amount of team members to cover the amount of work they were picking up. Employees were stretched too thin and expected to complete everything in the same time frame it would take two people, with one person.
Pros
Great health, dental and vision insurance
Improvement Opportunities
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 3, 2019
Corporate management is great... now local management could use some help. Communication is lacking but things have improved. It’s kind of like, if you aren’t a part of the entourage then you aren’t really noticed.
Contract Nuclear
Project Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHMarch 28, 2019
Non Destructive Exam Quality Control/Quality Assurance Group
Fast pace and long hours
Pay balances the long hours and pace.
Successful completion of contracts
Would work for them when ever they need my expertise.
Pros
Travel and Pay
Cons
Time restraints to complete objectives
na
Corporate Compliance Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXMarch 8, 2019
It is a great place to work but hard to move up in the corporation and the pay does not meet the workload. Other than that I think Mistras would be exceptional if they made some minor changes.
Very busy and hectic
VP of Operations (Former Employee) –  Princeton Junction, NJMarch 5, 2019
New management has change he culture of the company.
Since I am one of the senior member of the executives I got many problems to solve which it was OK by me.
Hardest part of the company was dealing with new management which had no knowledge of the technology.
I the past moral of the employees was high and they enjoyed working there but know it has totally changed and I had lost about 15 of my good technical people.
The most enjoyable part of the company was in the past working with great people and working close with all departments and see the result of my work and being a part of the team which was moving the company forward.
Decent
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 1, 2019
Needs better management.................Staff training is not very supportive.......never have they listen about me asking for more training with there programs
Relay Bad
Testing Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 1, 2019
Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
I worked full-time

Pros
1 Hour Lunch
that's about it

Cons

Borderline deranged managers with a chip on their shoulders the size of London Bridge. Sweat shop working conditions. Pay is criminal and the atmosphere makes a mortuary seem appealing.

Advice to Management

How about treating those numbers that you obsess about and channeling some sort of respect for the people that work for you as I witnessed while I 0 respect but maximum effort from people on bad contracts and treated appallingly.
Pros
Cons
See Above
gonna work your butt off
Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2019
In terms of hours there are plenty to go around, but in terms of having a life outside of work you wont have one. if you have kids and want to be in there lifes this is not the job for you
Pros
alot of work
Cons
alot of work
Long hours, no homelife, terrible management
X-Ray Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 4, 2019
There’s no communication in this company. Basically, you’re a machine. X-ray techs and assistants at this company get treated very poorly. Management is always trying to figure ways to nickel and dime employees out of pay.
Pros
Cons
Many
Excellent opportunity for continued education
Asset protection and Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2019
Favorable work environment, good client relationships. MISTRAS provides a world of non destructive testing ndt services, software, ndt systems instruments and equipment. Delivering NDT Asset Protection Solutions.
Productive and workplace overall was great
Assistant Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Bencia, CA.January 4, 2019
Ok, work place but unable to complete training classroom training was not clearly explained, too much unanswered questions. Instructor would ask a question and instead of anwsering the question due to not having the answer. He would just skip the question and move on. But overall I've learned new things that I've never new about the industry. The hardest part of the job was as I explained above too keep up. The most enjoyable part was the instructor seemed very Knowledgeable of the job. I think that he just wasn't very good at explaining the job. Quite a few of my classmates was missing out.
Great Place to work
Project Manager ExxonMobil Beaumont (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 31, 2018
Great support from Management. Great communication and they allow me to develop my site. Workplace culture is great. management has taught me multiple ways to handle situations.
Mistras 570
Rope Access NDE Tech (Current Employee) –  Lab 570, TexasDecember 29, 2018
The inequality in pay and favoritism in assignments creates low moral. It doesn't matter how hard you work or how well you do, there's no reward. Training is insufficient for some employees who aren't as sharp. Supervisors never come into the field to observe abilities and deficiencies. Sometimes other employees suffer because of this.
Best Place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Laporte, TexasDecember 17, 2018
Great traing staff. Great customers. Management understands day to day ops for the technicians working in the field. Divisional managers understand how to manage their employees.
Pros
Mistras
Cons
travel if married
Would work there again
NDE Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CADecember 17, 2018
I started my career with PTS and then was bout out by Mistras and I advance quickly and was paid accordingly to my calcifications and at moments with any company there were ups and downs.
Pros
Pay is good, and advancements are there
Cons
Became a corparation and started to forget about thier employees
Toxic Environment
Monitoring Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 4, 2018
Employees are not trained properly to do their jobs. Employees are usually afraid to file any complaints to management because most employees will get fired for it.
Family / Life balance
NA (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CADecember 3, 2018
Good company , company is expanding . Just needed full time employment which they could give me at the moment. Employees are very nice and helpful and you get paid weekly which is nice.
Interesting work
Inspector/Technician (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 27, 2018
This company provided great opportunities with great experiences as well as being able to travel two different parts of how many states. they would reimburse you in many things that you would have to pay out of pocket and helped you pursue better lifestyle.
Week
Assistant technician (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CANovember 14, 2018
Sorry job sucks And the employees don’t even want to work for the company.needs new managementThe pay sucks unless you are a rope guy or a technician management is fairly young and new don’t have too many senior management and the manager in Benicia is terrible