Mitchell International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good people mediocre management
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 29, 2018
Most of the people I work with are dedicated and competent. The direction management is taking the company and our applications is excellent. I think we are well positioned in the market and getting better every day. The issue is one of commitment to quality. Not quality of execution, quality of design. Too much unpaid technical debt, too many designs of expediency.
family oriented laid back environment that puts its employees first
Supervisor 1 (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 28, 2018
Mitchell is a great place to work for new professionals and seasoned ones alike. The culture is amazing and there are a wide variety of opportunities to move around into different roles. Work/Life balance as well as employee engagement and satisfaction are key priorities of the leadership team.
Learned a lot
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 2, 2018
A Flexible schedule was available. Mitchell taught me a lot over my years from data entry to data analysis. Busy workplace. Under staffed for the workload.
Pros
Bonus days
Cons
Under staffed
Mitchell was a great place to work and grow
Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2018
Mitchell was a very friendly place to work. Everyone was open and eager to share their experience. Flexible hours great supporting Managers and plenty of opportunities to grow and learn.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
in my role the job involved travel
n/a
Medical Support 3 (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 5, 2018
I left a good Job and was laid off after 1 year. I enjoyed what I actually did, however coworkers were in so much competition and it was remote so one would think it would be no drama, it was lots of drama there.
Its a pay check
service centersupport (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 27, 2018
Not much option to for promotion and the there is no notice when they decide lo lay off people because they keep out sourcing to other countries. What I like is schedules can be modified to your needs.
Pros
holiday and vacation pay
Cons
minimum raises
A good company
VR/Lead/Supervisor/QA (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 22, 2018
It is a Monday to Friday office job. This job has taught me what it takes to become a team player, and how to handle pressure. Management like to promote from within, if you work hard enough you can advance.
Pros
Pay and Benefits are competitive
Very good place to work
Software QA Engineer II/QA Analyst 4 (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2018
Mitchell International specializes in software for the auto collision industry. I work at Headquarters, which is a large building with hundreds of employees. My typical day consists of 8 hours + 1 hour for lunch. I might also work off hours from home to run tests after a deployment. Working those off hours doesn't happen that often, but it can be difficult if it's very late at night. I've found management at Mitchell to be fair and tough at times, but only in order to get the job done. There is always a lot going on at Mitchell for employees, also. Such as, different clubs to join, Toastmasters, fitness groups and a book club. It's a great place to work.
Great place to start your professional career
Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 18, 2018
Company has a great collaborative culture and great education benefits to develop skills. Biggest knock against Mitchell is that compensation is below market value, but lots of opportunity to grow and switching departments is supported by CEO
Pros
people, education benefits
Cons
pay
Productive environment.
Medical Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 14, 2018
Productive, fast paced environment, collaborative team, always working towards the goals. With good opportunity to learn and advance in your role. Good benefits.
Great place to get experience
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2018
This is a great company to start out and gain experience. The only flaw is lack of growth opportunity into management and pay is lower than the median rate here rather than at another company for similar position.
Pros
Very comfortable work enviornment
Cons
Stagnant growth opportunity and minimal raises
Collaborative place utilizing Agile methodology
Customer Training Instructor 3 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2018
Typical day would include learning about the industry and the software components I was going to teach. In addition, I was creating coursware on the items I was learning so that I could teach our internal clients on how the systems is best used in the industry.
Overall Great Company Culture
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2018
The company culture at Mitchell is the top reason to work here. There is a new person who has been working on improving the culture and he has been doing well. Great valuable skills to learn at this company. I would suggest it is a good place to start your career and gain experience.
Pros
Great environment. Fun Culture.
Cons
Not the best reputation in industry
Great Industry Company but Poor Management
Mitchell Parts & Diagnostic Sales (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2018
This is a great company that has a lot of history in the industry, but the company is ran extremely poorly from the management level. They do not know how to appreciate good employees and everyone here is replaceable no matter how much you contribute to the company.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor Management
A very good place to work
Work from home Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Mitchell international was overall a good place to work, Pay could have been better but the environment was casual and most coworkers were very pleasant and helpful. The management I found to be excellent .
good company
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 27, 2018
Excellent workspace. A lot of focus is on collaboration. Friendly management. Focus on employee growth and learning.
Friendly and supportive teammates.
Relaxed & Productive place to work
Market Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Good place to work, management is easy going as long as you do your part and get your job done. Everyone works together as a team when needed to get everything completed in a timely manner.
Best place i've worked by far. Fun, Able to grow. Great pay and benefits.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 6, 2017
In my ten years of working for mitchell i went from my entry position as database editor for the NAGS division to a Software Engineer. Held some positions in between but the advancement was timed very well. I was able to learn, sharpen and maximize my skills in each position. I feel extremely bad for how i left the company. If i can go back and change anything it would be this. They were very good to me and i am very blessed to have been able to work for them.
Pros
Great pay, benefits and advancement
Cons
Not too many cons
I have chosen not to particpate
Enterprise Technical Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 26, 2017
Mitchell International has been a good company to work for. I am very appreciative of management and their way of leading the organization. I would recommend Mitchell to anyone looking for a good company.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
left due to outsourcing plans
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 7, 2017
Mitchell was a good place to work for until the massive lay offs began occur due to outsourcing. also started seeing the business agendas that would counter the message customers were getting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mitchell International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight