Mitchell Plastics Employee Reviews

Manufacturing mediocrity
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MINovember 29, 2018
Where to start with this facility, the micro-managing by the two in charge is out of control, they hire managers who are smart and capable yet treat them like they are idiots and their ideas are useless. This facility will go through many good managers before any real change will ever take place. Its sad given the potential it had being a brand new facility, they ignore the real issue and that is the two in charge, if they were replaced this facility could actually run well with the current manufacturing managers.

The current HR does not care about the plant employees at all, they normally talk down to them to their face and belittle them to no end in meetings, it’s quite sad actually. They hold focus group meetings to pretend they care, but they see it more as an annoyance and waste of their time since nothing will be fixed to make the production staff happy and they know it. Everyday there are managers in the HR office complaining about how much they hate their job, yet they do nothing about it, I have never seen anything like this before, they hate their job because of who is running the facility and not their daily job.

Working at this facility it really shows how little they care about the quality of the work, they could put out 1,000 parts in a day but 30 could be bad but they don’t care. The lack of ownership is disheartening. Other facilities in Mitchell Plastics are not this bad and they receive other perks that this facility does not, solely because the two in charge do not want to help their employees, because it is a time waster on their part, its easier to
  more... just say no.

You will not receive a pay raise on the production floor for one full year, they say its to reward the people who stay but in reality they know the number of employees who actually make it or want to make it the full year is a low number. This facility has seen nearly a 40% turnover in less than a year, that shows how it is ran and who is in charge of the actual hiring. They do have some very good people who work here but don’t expect any help from your current HR.
Pros
Decent starting pay
Cons
Don't expect a good company culture
Office Employee
Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIOctober 31, 2018
I love working for Mitchell Plastics in Sterling Heights MI. I have many functions to my position and I feel supported and trained properly in order to excel. The environment is positive and very team-oriented. The benefits package is good, the vacation time is generous and the 401k eligibility is quick. I feel this is a great career for me and look forward to many years and advancement with Mitchell Plastics.
Pros
Positive environment. Vacation time. Health insurance. Stability.
Favortism/management dont care
Production/assembler tech. (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIOctober 30, 2018
Clean place but dirty supervisor dont care bout no workers well being always drama even b-shift supervisors stab employees in the back and their mngmt.work here only to get a couple chks then LEAVE everyone else did
Pros
Cool employees
Cons
Supervisors
Transitional role
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, INOctober 7, 2018
I did not agree with the management style at Mitchell Plastics. There was not much room for growth. I left when a better opportunity came that was more in line with my career goals.
Excellent Company
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AlabamaJuly 23, 2018
Mitchell Plastics is a great place to work. The work is challenging, but the teamwork exhibited here makes it fun and rewarding when the team meets the challenge. Management is great and has a great relationship with the production team. The company is big enough to provide competitive pay and benefits but small enough to know everyone's name and be flexible and nimble in business decisions.
Pros
Everything is great!! I look forward to coming to work every day!!
Cons
None that I can think of.
Thriving, Innovative, Fast-paced Company
Management (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, INJuly 17, 2018
Mitchell Plastics is a thriving company that offers a lot of opportunity and growth within the entire organization. There is great camaraderie between coworkers that makes coming to work enjoyable. The culture is such that you can really contribute and make a difference here.
Pros
Competitive Wages & Benefits, Profit Sharing, Very Stable & Growing Company, Monthly Employee Recognition & Appreciation Activities
Cons
Very busy right now due to production launches (but this is a good thing too!)
First job I had that gives you vaction time on day one☺
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 14, 2018
Very clean organized environment, climate controlled temps. I work at the Sterling Heights location. This is a new bldg opened end of 2017. Pay is great 14.50 to start and raises to come also profit sharing. We make consoles for the Ram Pick up Truck. Not one hard job in there. This plant is non Union and is NOT quick to fire employees. Just do your job and come to work on time. Steady pace nothing ridiculous. All ages from 21 to capable of handling power hand held drills. I would recommend this job to everyone. Direct hire, 90 day probation. Great employees despite a few with their own inner bitterness. Great Managers and Supervisors. Benefits after one month...Forget to mention its less than 50 employees on each shift.
Pros
14.50 hr. leave clean. They care how you feel, check everyday. Not agressive with overtime. You can still have a life. Sundays here and there.
Cons
Allowed 3 points on your 90 day probation. Forget to punch in or out, you lose half point. Slow in training on different jobs. Getting paid Bi weekly..
productive
Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, INJune 12, 2018
relaxed atmosphere, learned various skill sets . and recognized for job experience and received rewards for going over and above what was asked of me.
its ok work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 24, 2018
nothing crazy but its fun to work there you learn alot working there though nice in place to work there for the rest of your life if you got a family.
Negative environment
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, INMarch 15, 2018
They choose their favorite workers. Those workers are able to advance &/or get away with things they shouldn’t be able to. It’s the most negative place I’ve ever seen. They let you know that you’re replaceable. Working hard & following the rules doesn’t get you anywhere. Management is unfriendly.
Pros
Made a few work friends
Cons
Unfriendly. No advancement.
Productive Plant
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 10, 2018
I was assigned to making car vents for various types of vehicles. The employees were friendly to work with. The management I felt were not too friendly.
Ok place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, INJanuary 4, 2018
Good jobs but over worked and underpaid for job duties and very poor management long work hours on short notice but job was competitive pay but other duties not in job description
Well ran facility
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, INNovember 30, 2017
The company is very well organized. They are much better than most at getting things done. That is evident from the many awards they have won from Toyota.
He!! hole environment
Assembly Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, INNovember 4, 2017
So basically, this company doesn't care about senority, So advancements only for the ones that haven't been there long. Same operation every single day.
Pros
Decent money
Terrible Work experiance
Shipping and Receiving Administrator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 19, 2017
Took this job after getting laid off only to keep from going on unemployment. The culture here was terrible. Very disgruntled workers and bad attitudes.
Pros
Cons
Terrible work atmosephere
Lead Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 21, 2017
Mitchell was a good place to work. Needs more business to keep the hourly employees with 40 hours week.Most of the Managers care about their employees and good decisions are made.
Co-op #2 (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, INMay 18, 2017
Plenty of great people to either ask questions or to get encouragement from. Work involved designing parts for manufacturing programs that verified quality of injection molded parts and increased efficiency and comfort of assembly operators.
Fast paced manufacturing
Cell Leader (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, INMarch 2, 2017
I really enjoy being a Cell Leader for Mitchell Plastics. I am a quick learner and need to be challenged with new responsibilities. I quickly moved up in the company but have been in my current position for over 5 years.
Pros
competitive wages and paid time off
Cons
topped out and stuck in current position
Truly miserable place to work
Molding department employee (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, INJanuary 26, 2017
Management has no regard for employees. Too much overtime. Insurance is expensive and sucks. Vending in break room is more expensive than getting snacks from a gas station. Extremely poor communication between departments. Over all worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
Few to none
Cons
Just about everything about this place
It's a grest easy place to work just didn't like the job i was given
Molding Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, INJanuary 10, 2017
The job at Mitchell plastics was an easy job. It is an injection molding plant that makes interior car parts for Toyota. It was just running presses sometimes on press an sometimes several presses. I get a long with people pretty easy an love working with people. The hardest part of the job was being repetitive and just being stuck at the same presses.
Pros
Liked the people i worked with an has good management
Cons
Repeative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mitchell Plastics. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about