Mitchell Plastics Employee Reviews

Thriving, Innovative, Fast-paced Company
Management (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, INJuly 17, 2018
Mitchell Plastics is a thriving company that offers a lot of opportunity and growth within the entire organization. There is great camaraderie between coworkers that makes coming to work enjoyable. The culture is such that you can really contribute and make a difference here.
Pros
Competitive Wages & Benefits, Profit Sharing, Very Stable & Growing Company, Monthly Employee Recognition & Appreciation Activities
Cons
Very busy right now due to production launches (but this is a good thing too!)
First job I had that gives you vaction time on day one☺
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 14, 2018
Very clean organized environment, climate controlled temps. I work at the Sterling Heights location. This is a new bldg opened end of 2017. Pay is great 14.50 to start and raises to come also profit sharing. We make consoles for the Ram Pick up Truck. Not one hard job in there. This plant is non Union and is NOT quick to fire employees. Just do your job and come to work on time. Steady pace nothing ridiculous. All ages from 21 to capable of handling power hand held drills. I would recommend this job to everyone. Direct hire, 90 day probation. Great employees despite a few with their own inner bitterness. Great Managers and Supervisors. Benefits after one month...Forget to mention its less than 50 employees on each shift.
Pros
14.50 hr. leave clean. They care how you feel, check everyday. Not agressive with overtime. You can still have a life. Sundays here and there.
Cons
Allowed 3 points on your 90 day probation. Forget to punch in or out, you lose half point. Slow in training on different jobs. Getting paid Bi weekly..
productive
Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, INJune 12, 2018
relaxed atmosphere, learned various skill sets . and recognized for job experience and received rewards for going over and above what was asked of me.
its ok work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 24, 2018
nothing crazy but its fun to work there you learn alot working there though nice in place to work there for the rest of your life if you got a family.
Negative environment
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, INMarch 15, 2018
They choose their favorite workers. Those workers are able to advance &/or get away with things they shouldn’t be able to. It’s the most negative place I’ve ever seen. They let you know that you’re replaceable. Working hard & following the rules doesn’t get you anywhere. Management is unfriendly.
Pros
Made a few work friends
Cons
Unfriendly. No advancement.
Productive Plant
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 10, 2018
I was assigned to making car vents for various types of vehicles. The employees were friendly to work with. The management I felt were not too friendly.
Ok place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, INJanuary 4, 2018
Good jobs but over worked and underpaid for job duties and very poor management long work hours on short notice but job was competitive pay but other duties not in job description
Well ran facility
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, INNovember 30, 2017
The company is very well organized. They are much better than most at getting things done. That is evident from the many awards they have won from Toyota.
He!! hole environment
Assembly Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, INNovember 4, 2017
So basically, this company doesn't care about senority, So advancements only for the ones that haven't been there long. Same operation every single day.
Pros
Decent money
Terrible Work experiance
Shipping and Receiving Administrator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 19, 2017
Took this job after getting laid off only to keep from going on unemployment. The culture here was terrible. Very disgruntled workers and bad attitudes.
Pros
Cons
Terrible work atmosephere
Lead Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 21, 2017
Mitchell was a good place to work. Needs more business to keep the hourly employees with 40 hours week.Most of the Managers care about their employees and good decisions are made.
Co-op #2 (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, INMay 18, 2017
Plenty of great people to either ask questions or to get encouragement from. Work involved designing parts for manufacturing programs that verified quality of injection molded parts and increased efficiency and comfort of assembly operators.
Fast paced manufacturing
Cell Leader (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, INMarch 2, 2017
I really enjoy being a Cell Leader for Mitchell Plastics. I am a quick learner and need to be challenged with new responsibilities. I quickly moved up in the company but have been in my current position for over 5 years.
Pros
competitive wages and paid time off
Cons
topped out and stuck in current position
Truly miserable place to work
Molding department employee (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, INJanuary 26, 2017
Management has no regard for employees. Too much overtime. Insurance is expensive and sucks. Vending in break room is more expensive than getting snacks from a gas station. Extremely poor communication between departments. Over all worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
Few to none
Cons
Just about everything about this place
It's a grest easy place to work just didn't like the job i was given
Molding Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, INJanuary 10, 2017
The job at Mitchell plastics was an easy job. It is an injection molding plant that makes interior car parts for Toyota. It was just running presses sometimes on press an sometimes several presses. I get a long with people pretty easy an love working with people. The hardest part of the job was being repetitive and just being stuck at the same presses.
Pros
Liked the people i worked with an has good management
Cons
Repeative
Employee's are Awesome
Quality Audit /Assembler (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 6, 2016
Fast paste work environment with a variety of work responsibilities that needs to be accomplished within a eight hour period. My Production co-workers are helpful with getting the information I need to make my performance successful.
Since being with the company for 11 years I have learned a lot about Qualities and Customers expectations of our Company.
Pros
Free Lunch provided by Customer
Cons
Short breaks
Coworkers become like family.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, INSeptember 10, 2016
Hardest part of job is when you don't have the parts you need to meet daily tack and work a lot of overtime. You depend a lot on your coworkers to pull their share of the work at some stations. Team work is very important.
Welcome to your nightmare
Assembly Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, INJuly 29, 2016
I have worked at the Charlestown Indiana warehouse for 2 yrs.. But not hired with the company for two yrs until October. I used to love going into my job, they seemed like they truly cared about their employees and their families. I was beyond wrong!! They have rearranged our stations and material making it extremely hard on employees to get out crazy amount of parts each day. The parts we do get are ****, when we do have parts, they seem to enjoy hiring those who obviously have drug addictions and treat them like gold. Those who show up and work and definitely have no drug issues are treated like ####! Crazy overtime bc they put new people on stations that are already behind, and management has no desire to listen to their employees just like to go and damage finish goods by touching chrome without gloves and not properly storing parts in containers. It's just not a pleasant place to work!
Pros
You can make great friends
Cons
Short breaks, expensive lunchroom, to much overtime, weekend work, drug addicts, Management lack of respect and appreciation.
It's a safe and good work environment but has a little communication problem.
Assembly Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, INJuly 26, 2016
It's a safe environment to work in. There is a communication problem, especially between assembly and molding, sometimes managers. This results in parts running out, which can cause certain stations to have to do 12 hour shifts and Saturday work for several weeks.
Pros
Attendance bonuses and a profit sharing check.
Cons
Communication problems, a lot of over time, expensive food and beverages in break room
Operator and inspector tasks
Molding Operator/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, INApril 8, 2016
My typical day at work includes: a morning meeting, running 1-8 mold injection presses, inspecting parts and making sure the area is kept up. I have learned the difference for what is an acceptable and unacceptable part for the automotive industry.
Pros
Job security, paycheck
Cons
short breaks, lack of consistency

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mitchell Plastics. Our community is ready to answer.

Mitchell Plastics Reviews by Location