Mitel Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive workplace
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 8, 2018
What I have learned is that everyone has your back as a team. Yet you on the most part are working independently. Your manager is willing to lend a hand if required.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Working with pushy Sales Reps
Relaxed Work Enviroment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 28, 2018
Working for Mitel has been quite knowledgeable and fun, for lack of a better term.
They provided me with more knowledge in the warehouse industry to further succeed in future jobs.
Responsible to manage cost accounting funtions.
Sr. Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 21, 2018
Responsible for the products cost setting, review BOM, material, labor and overhead cost for all items. Inventory valuation. Implement cycle count program.
Pros
Opportunity to grow - moved to Fla
Cons
PR plant closed
Good place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 19, 2018
Mitel is a good place to work. I learned a great many things from a professional level. Mitel is a multinational company which allows for interaction with other cultures and practices.
Pros
Good technology
Cons
Job security
Solid overall culture and always on top of new technology
Communications Consultant/Major Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 14, 2018
Solid overall culture and always on top of new technology. Management was always willing to help and the engineers you work with are very savvy and are true SALES ENGINEERS
Job security was not a top priority
Senior Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 7, 2018
I enjoyed meeting with new potential customers and the freedom to travel to different customers and learning about their business models. I also enjoyed creating solutions to help them with their business
It is a place to work
Individual Contributor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 30, 2018
Not the most fun place to work. Job security is often in question. With so many changes happening to the company, it is hard to feel like this is a stable place to make a career. The pay and benefits are adequate, but the culture seems fractured.

People often seem worried about losing their jobs and view others as encroaching on their territory.

Stressful place to work.
Challenging, but in positive way
Manager, Field Marketing N. America (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2018
Terrific opportunity to learn and grow. Strong management and leadership. Growing market-leader. Rewards employees, but company culture is ever-changing as new leaders come in, and HR is just beginning to create a semi-modern workplace.
Pros
Work from home
Good people
Global Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 9, 2018
This is a very good company except a couple of managers in the South West were rude but over all a very good company with lots of direction. I would work there again
Always Changing Direction
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  TXMarch 21, 2018
Mitel changes directions constantly. Mergers/layoffs/hires/etc is the norm. The announce a new direction and that changes in less than a year. You are told one thing is the future of the company and then that thing changes and gets sold off.
Pros
The people and the pay.
Cons
Lack of consistency.
Fast paced and streefull at times
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York County, NYMarch 2, 2018
I worked on trading floors and spent years in a combat environment with the Marines, Nothing prepares you for Mitel. Your day starts at 8am no matter what the weather, hail, flood, snow storm. We are a cloud based company that is designed for use to work remote, however we are not allowed to. You go through cars very quickly as you have to use your own, and the workload versus compensation versus family life balance doesn't balance at all. You have to make a choice.
Pros
Great team
Cons
bad Mgmt
Meh
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 26, 2018
A big company in a dying industry, And like most companies in those industries, they're buying up their competitors to increase their customer base rather than innovating.
great potential
Senior Project Manager - Cloud Services (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 19, 2018
Could be a very profitable and great place to work once the merger and direction for the company and products is finalized. Very knowledgeable employees with many years of accumulated experience.
had a ping pong table
Customer Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 18, 2018
My supervisor was away for 6 months, I stepped into her shoes but was not recognized for that.
I assisted with PowerPoint presentations and verbal.
I trained and interviewed
Pros
nice people
Cons
not recognized for my hard work
Great coworkers but faulty business model
Product Team (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 6, 2018
I enjoyed my job and the people I worked closely with. But the culture of acquiring companies and cutting people/products is pretty heartless in my opinion. (Half of my group was replaced by contract workers in India.) And in the long run I don't think that type of business model can be profitable. At some point you buy up more installed base than you can support, and you have no new ideas to put out into the market.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Executives don't care about morale
Amazing company
Contract Maint Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 25, 2018
Very fast paced every changing company. You are never bored while working here. Plenty of opportunity for growth and development. Always learning new things.
Highly stressful but fulfilling opportunity
Director of Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 17, 2018
Extremely high levels of stress to hit numbers and do it with minimal resources. The plan would change every week with the focus being on the numbers and not the employee's or their needs.
Pros
Family first
Cons
Stress levels
Fun place to Work
Senior Technical Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 27, 2017
Fun place to work, their salary guidelines for management position is little below industry standards. Overall good work life balance . Tech support is a bit hectic and stressful
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good job
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 24, 2017
Worked and installed phone systems enjoyed the people there and good work environment. Always 40 hours good management and benefits and hated to leave but on to next
Pros
company van
Cons
overtime
Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 17, 2017
Management is very low touch which is a good and bad thing.

No Micromanagement makes daily life easy to work on current project load at comfortable pace.

The low touch model though also makes prioritizing business needs difficult at times, tend to be chasing fires.
Pros
Very flexible with working from home or taking time off
Cons
Getting clear direction when needed on projects and managing workflow needs