Mitratech Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Excellent Work/Play Environment
Technical Support Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 18, 2017
A great work environment and culture to work, learn, and grow. There are many opportunities for job growth/career changes and the like.

Senior mgmt is generally very friendly and open and are very transparent and candid about the company's objectives/goals and how it is performing towards achieving them so I see that as a huge positive.

To me their products are more interesting from the perspective of what they are intended to achieve rather than from their choice of technology stack.
Pros
Catered events are common, very friendly and open culture, transparency at heart of culture, down to earth senior mgmt
Cons
The location isn't ideal, the traffic at rush hour can be very bad; The office space itself is somewhat fragmented, so it can feel like there are multiple company cultures.
Supportive Workplace
Legal Software Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2017
Great legal department software company who is very supportive of internal advancement of staff. The management team is adaptive to change which is important in the software industry.
too many acquisitions, not jelled at this point
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2017
too many silos, not open to suggestions, too hard to get things done, management wants to have their input on every deal, to cumbersome to work with. The company that I interviewed with was not the same company that I worked for. They talk about how open they are, but they aren't
Great Work/Life Balance & Flexible Management
DevOps/Build and Release Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2017
On a typical day in the engineering department, I would get in, meet for my stand-up with my team, receive guidance on what to do next (e.g. priorities/outstanding tickets), and get to work. If there was a need for guidance, my manager was right next to me to help at any time.

I learned a lot of new skills at this emerging company that is rapidly expanding into the realm of legal matter management. They have a huge share of the market in a realm that is quickly becoming digitized.

The management is very relaxed, no micro-managing, and as long as you get the work done there's no need to worry. Even then, all you have to do is reach out and communicate. They're realistic and are very understanding.

You can expect to interact with a lot of young, enthusiastic, and fun individuals who really enjoy their time and put in hard work to get the job done. People spend time with each other outside of work, play basketball, ping pong, Foosball, board games, as well as a lot of community service with one another.

The hardest part of the job was certainly the learning curve with regard to the processes and the culture. I had to really change my mindset from my previous job (which was primarily cubicle/isolation) and learn how to work with the team and communicate.

The best part was certainly the people. I couldn't have asked for a more reliable and enjoyable team!
Pros
Great work/life balance and flexible management
Cons
Low pay and not much room for advancement
Outstanding growing company
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 21, 2016
Mitratech is a growing company in the software as a service industry. They have offices in Austin, Houston, Philadelphia and London. The company is managed by a team of outstanding leaders in their respective field and are always operating under an open door policy where you can go engage in conversation with them about various topics concerning the business or your department. The leadership team is open to ideas on changing business practices and procedures that will help the company grow and grab more market share.
Turnover is low in certain departments and higher in others. Overall the company culture is one of working hard and playing hard.
Pros
Snacks, HSA match, healthcare reimbursement for single ($1, 000) family ($2, 000), flexible working hours, Telecommute
great company to work for
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 20, 2015
I love working with the talented team ;

A place where you are respected, appreciated and really part of a family.

I posees 5+ years of professional experience in a QA role
Opaque
Software Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 15, 2015
I worked on the same floor as the CEO and never met the guy. Weeks into my time at Mitratech, I had to ask somebody if the man leading an all-hands meeting was the CEO - it was.

When I gave notice, they asked for the rest of the day to counter. I agreed not expecting anything to come from it. Just before a team meeting at lunch, I was pulled to the side, asked to sign exit papers, and walked out the door without the chance to talk with anyone. I then understood previous employee disappearances that management "could not discuss." They let remaining employees speculate that the former employee was fired or such, rather than admitting there could be better opportunities for some people.
Pros
Many young colleagues with plenty of passion and energy, happy hours
Cons
Hires mostly entry level on the basis of an aptitude test rather than a technical interview, aggressive schedules and dates set in upper management with no input from engineers