MJHS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great family type working environment
Medical Billing (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 17, 2018
I loved working at MJHS for 16 + years loved all my coworkers, bosses etc....
I was taught alot and was given great opportunities to move forward in my postion.
Pros
2 breaks a day 1 hr lunches
Cons
layoffs
Satisfaction of knowing that I made a difference to the patients and staff.
Patient Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 6, 2018
My day at work included but not limited to ensuring that all patients visits are scheduled and completed as ordered. Ensuring that insurance verification is completed for new patients. Review of medical records, providing guidance for complex patients, troubleshooting issues, scheduling of staff and meetings. Managing staff by performing ongoing coaching and counseling to improve performance.
Great Organization with honorable mission
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 18, 2018
Working at MJHS has taught me a lot about the healthcare industry over the years. The culture is warm and the employees care deeply about the services they provide to the members. I’ve grown tremendously while working here, with professional growth being supported 100%.
Can be a good job.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2018
Good company but the job can be stressful and time consuming for some. Work life balance can be challenging but staff and co-workers are supportive and professional.
Fast paced, fulfilling job
SOCIAL WORKER/CARE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2018
Very fast paced job, must be able to stay focused, organized. Reliable supervisor, management team that collaborate as a team.. Agency culture is strong. Client centered and staff centered. Good benefits
worth working.
PHYSICAL THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 10, 2018
The company cares for their employees and provides highest quality of care to the community. Clinicians and other office staff get along well. really a good environment to work .
Great Staff!!
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
The best part of my job is working with the clinical team. The nursing staff, social workers, spiritual counselors, volunteers and hospice aides are amazing.
Pros
great staff
Cons
poor work life balance
n/a
IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 29, 2018
Learned alot at this company, ready to expand my career and learn much more. Had a few things in life take place and work/life balance has been great.
abundance of work.
RN/ Case Manager (Current Employee) –  varied locationsMay 28, 2018
this is a great job if you don't mind staring at a computer all day, then when you get home at night and on the weekends. there is a constant flow of work. there is never a lull. it a very isolating job, not many co-workers on a daily basis.
Pros
great salary
Cons
very isolating
enjoyed the job so much
Rehab Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2018
wonderful place to work, I would go in every day I had to work feeling so happy and learning so much. I is a wonderful feeling to have a job that teaches you, inspires you all in one. The company had a lot of from to grow and advance.
crazy assignments
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2018
you are to jump all over the place

Nurses, managers are quitting from left to right

not caring for employees

it's frustrating to work there

never done enough
Pros
benefits is good
Cons
you are assigned all over
Poorly trained supervisors just graduated from Nursing Schools.
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2018
Supervisor are young with no Home Care Experience who get pay less than field nurses which cause friction and tension. Big time turn over and low moral reigns, the job itself is challenging but management is detached from Nursing Care.
Pros
None.
Cons
See above.
company review
Provider Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2018
This is the worst company i ever worked for. the company looks like they are about to go out of business. Innovative ideas from employees are not welcome. I regret ever working for them.
Typical office
Provider Data Management Specialist (temp (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 1, 2018
I went in a temp worker. I wasn't hired. The office was well managed. You got a lot of perks as a full time worker. But if the weather is terrible they didn't close the office. Until later.
Pros
Jeans on Friday
Cons
You needed to pay for privileges.
Productive, Fun Place to work
Senior Managed care coordinator ( Temp Position) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 27, 2018
Relaxed place to work
have to be detail oriented
must be punctual
time management
i enjoy them having staff meeting every month to see how everyone to doing within their line of position
Good working condition
Full time RPT Home Care (Former Employee) –  Manhattan and BronxApril 12, 2018
my supervisors are good and helpful, my co-workers became my friends; meetings were productive; meeting place is appropriate to attendees, eg they have morning and afternoon for us to choose from
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
I was told about my exit 2 wks prior, I was hoping I wa given more than that
Good Place to Work
Director, Organizational Development (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 10, 2018
Good place to work. Stable culture and working environment. There is promotion from within, opportunities for development and growth. Supportive working environment.
Pros
Great salary and benefits
productive and fun place to work
Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (CWOCN) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2018
There was room for career advancement and growth, The work place culture was peaceful and we worked as a team. My typical day includes doing wound rounds, working on photo consults, seeing complex wound cases and ostomies.
Pros
free breakfast on meeting days
Cons
lots of traveling
Good
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 8, 2018
multicultural, great pay, corporative work, clean, great team work, good benefits, pay vacation, stressful but manageable, caring, team work, room for promotion.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Business Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 30, 2018
Throughout my career, I have maintained the highest performance standards within a diverse range of administrative functions, which are clearly illustrated by my past successes. As a Business Support Supervisor, while at Metropolitan Jewish Health System, I streamlined operations and improved patient charts for both active and discharged patients. I Perform work of a Service Coordinator such as data entry, physician order tracking, document control, filing and answering phones and scheduling daily Start of Care Cases. Additionally, I am responsible for supervising 5 clerical support staff for 3 teams managing over 250 patients per team. My work strategy and work ethic has been able to significantly increase my company's compliance with HIPPA regulation.