Play YouTube video button

MJHS Employee Reviews

left the rat-race behind!!
Home Care RN (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 26, 2018
Working as a home care nurse at MJHS is such a wonderful experience. No more hospital rat-race of long shifts and every other weekend. Sure I still work long hours but my documentation can be completed at home, where I need to be. Join this great team and really get to know and understand your patients and their illness. The documentation can be a bit daunting but it's getting easier.
Pros
patient teaching, hours, benefits, days off
Cons
lots of documentation
work
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 19, 2018
MJHS is one of the largest not-for-profit health systems in the region. Our range of health care services include home care, hospice and palliative care for adults and children, two skilled centers for rehabilitation and nursing care: Isabella in northern Manhattan and Menorah Center in Brooklyn, as well as the research-based MJHS Institute for Innovation in Palliative Care. They also offer health plans for Medicare and dual-eligible individuals.
It is a ok place to work at.
Pros
flexible scheudle
Official response from MJHS
December 12, 2018

Thank you for your positive review!! We are so happy you have chosen MJHS as your Employer of Choice!!

Too culturally of-balanced and employee loyalty is needed.
Volunteer Coordinator, Volunteer Department (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2018
But for the management of MJHS, it can be an excellent place to work. A place where one can grow, if not for managers and directors who do everything in the power to hold some employees back from moving up. Cultural diversity within the company is absolutely lacking.
Satisfaction of knowing that I made a difference to the patients and staff.
Patient Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 6, 2018
My day at work included but not limited to ensuring that all patients visits are scheduled and completed as ordered. Ensuring that insurance verification is completed for new patients. Review of medical records, providing guidance for complex patients, troubleshooting issues, scheduling of staff and meetings. Managing staff by performing ongoing coaching and counseling to improve performance.
Cons
Positive atmosphere, pleasant and dedicated colleagues!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 28, 2018
MJHS encourages professional growth and mentor ship. The employees at MJHS are team players who work independently, yet participate in inter-departmental projects.

MJHS encourages education al growth and their HR Dept truly cares about each employee!
Horrible
Managed Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 23, 2018
Managed cares coordinator department was childish and gossip a lot and oh yes racist I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work for such a company they don’t like to see young ppl get promoted they hate and block your success
Loved some people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 3, 2019
Some individuals are stuck in their ways and refuse to listen to new suggestions from new employees. Hated leaving. Wasn't respected. I wish things were different.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Too many meetings with minimum results
Great Organization with honorable mission
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 18, 2018
Working at MJHS has taught me a lot about the healthcare industry over the years. The culture is warm and the employees care deeply about the services they provide to the members. I’ve grown tremendously while working here, with professional growth being supported 100%.
Friendly work environment
Quality Review Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
Everyone makes you feel welcomed from the moment you walk in to the moment you leave. Everyone is willing to help each other to make MJHS a better place.
Pros
vacations day, staff very nice
Great
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 7, 2018
I got to choose my own schedule which was amazing. The coordinators were very friendly and supportive. I was given amazing patients. My overall experience was nice....
n/a
Case Manager, RN (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2018
MJHS is a company with great benefits. Work load is reasonable and managment is acceptable.

I wold recommend it for any new nurse seeking something less stressful then bedside.
Great family type working environment
Medical Billing (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 17, 2018
I loved working at MJHS for 16 + years loved all my coworkers, bosses etc....
I was taught alot and was given great opportunities to move forward in my postion.
Pros
2 breaks a day 1 hr lunches
Cons
layoffs
Fast paced, fulfilling job
SOCIAL WORKER/CARE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2018
Very fast paced job, must be able to stay focused, organized. Reliable supervisor, management team that collaborate as a team.. Agency culture is strong. Client centered and staff centered. Good benefits
Enjoy working here’
Director (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Great opportunities! I enjoy working here and the enjoy working with the people. The culture is great. I am not happy with the location but I am glad we have parking.
Poorly trained supervisors just graduated from Nursing Schools.
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2018
Supervisor are young with no Home Care Experience who get pay less than field nurses which cause friction and tension. Big time turn over and low moral reigns, the job itself is challenging but management is detached from Nursing Care.
Pros
None.
Cons
See above.
abundance of work.
RN/ Case Manager (Current Employee) –  varied locationsMay 28, 2018
this is a great job if you don't mind staring at a computer all day, then when you get home at night and on the weekends. there is a constant flow of work. there is never a lull. it a very isolating job, not many co-workers on a daily basis.
Pros
great salary
Cons
very isolating
Business Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 30, 2018
Throughout my career, I have maintained the highest performance standards within a diverse range of administrative functions, which are clearly illustrated by my past successes. As a Business Support Supervisor, while at Metropolitan Jewish Health System, I streamlined operations and improved patient charts for both active and discharged patients. I Perform work of a Service Coordinator such as data entry, physician order tracking, document control, filing and answering phones and scheduling daily Start of Care Cases. Additionally, I am responsible for supervising 5 clerical support staff for 3 teams managing over 250 patients per team. My work strategy and work ethic has been able to significantly increase my company's compliance with HIPPA regulation.
worth working.
PHYSICAL THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 10, 2018
The company cares for their employees and provides highest quality of care to the community. Clinicians and other office staff get along well. really a good environment to work .
productive and fun place to work
Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (CWOCN) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2018
There was room for career advancement and growth, The work place culture was peaceful and we worked as a team. My typical day includes doing wound rounds, working on photo consults, seeing complex wound cases and ostomies.
Pros
free breakfast on meeting days
Cons
lots of traveling
Good working condition
Full time RPT Home Care (Former Employee) –  Manhattan and BronxApril 12, 2018
my supervisors are good and helpful, my co-workers became my friends; meetings were productive; meeting place is appropriate to attendees, eg they have morning and afternoon for us to choose from
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
I was told about my exit 2 wks prior, I was hoping I wa given more than that

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MJHS. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight