MKD Electric

MKD Electric Employee Reviews

Definitely an excellent company if you are looking to start your career in the electrical field.
The Apprenticeship training MKD offers definitely lives up to its name, and with the right dedication, you will be on the path for success.
Just remember:

Show up on time.

Come willing to work.

Have a possitive attitude.

Do these three things, and MKD will take care of you.
Terrible & a trap
These guys care about only themselves. Selfish, and will throw people they don’t like under the bus. They pick favorites & tend to try to get people in trouble
Toxic Work Environment
Highly advise not working here. From my experience, if you're not part of the "clique" you are treated like trash. After leaving the company, I was threatened with a lawsuit and they slandered my name. Do yourself a favor and keep looking, because this is not a place that values their empoyees. Run. And for the record MKD, writing a negative, honest review is NOT illegal, so don't even try it.
Not in the clique?....your days are numbered.
I worked for this group in the past and I can definitely say they are clique-ish. Great work gets you NOWHERE. Guys are groomed for leadership on day1
Growing company
Great place for a starting or journeymen electrician. They have a great apprenticeship program. The instructors are friendly and very knowledgeable.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Great place to work - if you can handle it
Im a current employee and have been here for over 12 years. A lot of advancement ops if you’re willing to put in the hard work! I started as a shop driver and now run large capital projects. Family company with the employees as the heart beat.
Pros
Take great care of us, free lunches, paid meetings, bonuses, free training, days off, company vehicle, 401K, insurance and so much more
Cons
Stressful at times however we are meeting deadlines for clients
Waste of time
I feel like I spent more time trying to become an employee than I did working as one for MKD. My experience was less tha stellar and given the opportunity to do it again I wouldn't
Need to be one of the cool kids to work here
Coming in, you better know someone in order to blend in or feel like part of the team. Reminds me of high school, need to be able to drink and hang out with the burnouts in order to be part of the team.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Performance isn’t what gets you ahead, being able to party will get you further ahead
Great Company
I had a wonderful experiance at MKD Electric. I was an apprentis and was learning something everyday on the job and in the classroom. I definatly would recommend this company if you would like to get into the field.
Good Company
There are really great people and some not so great people. Benefits are good, time off isn't so great. Sometimes you have to hunt down management/HR to get info on benefits.
Pros
Some great people
Cons
not so great people
n/a
The days at work at MKD are great. they keep me busy .It's a great company to work. I like work for them. the people are great.
great opportunity to learn, overal tolerable work experience
Working for Corn Products International via MKD was not bad at all. The people I worked with were nice to be around. The majority of them knew what they was doing, MKD furnished all the required tools and equipment to complete assigned duties in a safe and efficient manner. I would work with MKD any time, any where. The pay could have been better, otherwise, no major complaints.
Pros
knowledgable, proffesional
Cons
inadicate salary
Opportunity for personal and professional growth
No 2 days were exactly alike when I worked at MKD Electric, which kept things exciting and new! Company meetings were held quarterly to keep team members informed of all facets of business. I loved my duties and responsibilities I had at MKD Electric.
Pros
Flexibility with my schedule
Cons
Stressful work environment
day to day
Day to day work is fine but there is a lot of lack of communication through out the company when dealing with things. They have a tendency to not consider geography when placing people at job sites
Great place
MKD is an excellent non-union electrical contractor, which provide outstanding electrical service. I enjoyed an excellent work environment which allow me to be creative and inventive with the employees.
Great place to grow with excellent management for the most part.
Could have better compensation. The benefits are typical of the industry. Management is good depending on which project or site you work at.
productive and fun pace to work
Install, repair and maintain electrical components.

learned different techniques

management is one sided

co-workers are well skilled
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no compensation for skills or hard work
Best employer I've ever worked for
I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the company. The only reason I left was to become a maintenance manager for a company. Absolutely everything about the company was positive.
Pros
management, hours, pay, treated well
Cons
nice place to work ,good salaty and benefits
I like working for MKD but will also like to enhance and broaden my career and training.
hardest working electricians in illinois
this company stands above the rest, they deliever a product that is unmatched by other contractors in the area. they mainly do industrial work.
Pros
hard working enviroment
Cons
travel time
Great job
Loved the job but working one day a week during the summer wasnt enough for me. Probably the best and most favorite job I've ever had.
Pros
new stuff all the time
Cons
only 40hrs a week at most
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MKD Electric. Our community is ready to answer.