MKS Instruments Employee Reviews

Productive Environment
TEMP (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 4, 2018
Pretty much assembly line work, work at your own pace. Nice coworkers. Cafeteria for breakfast and lunch. Great overall environment. Management is always on their A game. Would definitely recommend to anybody looking for a secure job.
Pros
Cafeteria, work at own pace, listen to personal music while working. 10 minute smoke breaks.
Excellent Employer
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 19, 2018
MKS is a fast paced employer with an excellent work place culture. All employees are treated fairly and paid well. The product line is in demand and often evolves via engineering changes. This company is based on the east coast and is very procedurally set/run.
Positive atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 29, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at MKS . My Experience over all was positive. I learned a lot and grew as a person and my experience in the industry grew as well.
Very focused organization with no-nonsense approach to business
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 16, 2018
Quick hiring & firing. Very focused management team that recognizes that youve got to roll your dice on a number of opportunities. Things that dont work out are quickly stopped and resources & time directed towards opportunities that are doing good. Overall great place to work.
very good
E/M Assembler Tech. (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAAugust 24, 2018
MKS is good.. This company is very successful in growth the company is always busy. somehow the company need to appreciated their employees more. I rate this company a 7 out of 10.
3 thumb up for the people that work there they also very friendly and helpful.
Tech group without tech challenges
Senior Principal - Quality & Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAAugust 15, 2018
As soon as the IC industry is reported in difficulty, whether or not due to tariffs with China, the company cuts headcount to please wall street. My group is clueless about engineering practices and how to truly fix an tech problem. Lot of lip service and methods even if the methods are ineffective. Just my take....
Pros
easy atmosphere. Good employees.
Cons
Bad management
Quiet office
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 12, 2018
The semiconductor industry is known to be feast or famon.
When it is in a ramp, it sometimes spikes 100% and gets really intense.
I love a work day that I don't even look at the clock and the day is over.
It's a very fast paced, multi-tasking position.
Pros
health benefits, vacation time, flexible hours, understanding of family issues
Cons
not enough incentives
High pace multicultural enviroment
Engineering Manufacturing Technician 4 (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAJune 19, 2018
Very high pace, high stress environment. You are expected to wear multiple "hats" and exceed expectations. I have learned a lot and gained many new skills.
Good place to learn
Employee (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 6, 2018
MKS Instruments is a well run organization with strong leadership and financial growth within the industry it serves. The management overall is good and provides its employees flexibility and opportunity to learn.

Culture is fairly relaxed. Implementation of aggressive models, innovative strategies, new philosophies, and methodologies is pretty difficult, however.
Pros
Good place to learn, good people
Cons
Implementation of processes and execution needs work
Team member
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 24, 2018
I Loved MKS Instrument for what they Built and how clean they are.

The thing I didnt like there is , they are using only Two Nationality.
if you dont from they tribe, they will discriminate you.

Thats the reason I quitted a job because of that type of behavior .
SHIPPING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 22, 2018
This was a temp job. Got great training, enjoyed the people I worked with. Wonderful team environment. Should have stayed but took another opportunity with another company.
Great people, diversified work force, demanding, stressful, long hours
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 15, 2018
Document review from 5:30 - 7:30 AM. Check emails from 7:30 AM to 8:30 AM (ave, 110 emails at this time). From 8:30 am to 2:00 PM (on ave.) action items from emails. 2:30 PM to 8:00 PM my work agenda. From 1:30 AM to 3:00 AM (3X per week) communicate with with our supplier Malaysia regarding quality issues.

Learned a new industry and what it takes to survive in a high tech, fast paced, corporate culture. Achieving Green Belt certification

There were different levels of management you're involved with on a day to day basis. Management styles varied from excellent to not so good.

Work place was fast paced and quality driven. A QE's dream come true. The work force was extremely diversified with as many as 15 different cultures. The interaction on a daily basis was unbelievable. I appreciated the insight into their individual customs.

The hardest part of the job was the long hours and controlling maw materials from Malaysia and finished product from Mexico. In both cases, we heavily relied on real time video.

Again, the most enjoyable part was the diversified work force and the Quality Culture. It was a pleasure and a lot of fun implementing what was learned in school.
Pros
Quality Culture, work force, team environment
Cons
Too many hands in the soup from a management perspective
Old school conservative
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJanuary 30, 2018
Very outdated in technology and atmosphere. Way too many Senior executives. Change is rarely communicated from top down, very conservative and good ole boy club mentality.
benefits
Cons
too conservative, lack of communication, top heavy executive team
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 4, 2018
MKS was a great place to work. However, there is a very steep learning curve and little project planning. Many of the employees have been there over 10 years and the culture is hard to take part in for someone new. I saw this company as a well oiled machine and they have a process that has worked for years. They expect everyone to be able to catch on quick.
Pros
benefits, travel, work life balance
Cons
Lack of planning, steep learning curve
Great challenge and wonderful management and team
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 22, 2017
This was a great place to work, being in charge of five other warehouses in the US. I learned about semiconductors and was able to take computer courses and other software training on the job to improve my skills. I was listened to and able to grow and be challenged.
I enjoyed doing inventory, reviewing orders, completing orders and handling problems.
Pros
Able to learn and grow
Cons
Loss of job due to tragedy
Good leadership
VP Corporate Marketing (Former Employee) –  Andover, MADecember 18, 2017
MKS is a trusted name in semiconductor vacuum instruments and components. They have been successful at growing the company through multiple acquisitions.
Very poor collaboration
Snr SQA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 6, 2017
I worked here 2 years as the only Software QA Eng on staff. I was asked by senior mgmt to inplement a QA policy, implement a QA test strategy, and implement a QA automation test framework.

The position was later absorbed into the DEV group, when senior management received a promotion.

DEV management and the DEV department refused to follow the same QA policy that I was previously asked to implement. Zero cooperation or collaboration from the developers who’s software I had to test. Clarification questions for how features were implemented were flat out refused. Requests to adhere to a standard web app development structure so that I could automate it were flat out refused.

I tolerated this for 2 years, and with zero support, I quit without notice. The Company didn’t desire their work to be tested by QA, clearly, and I didn’t have any support from management to enforce anything at all.
Pros
Cons
zero collaboration
Engineering Technician 3 (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 16, 2017
Work 8 hours a day. Learn test and repair process. Had a good management. Workplace culture was good. I love this kind of job and it was no hard time at all.
A solid engineering company.
Director of Transducer R&D (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 24, 2017
The company is growing which provides opportunities. But management is changing rapidly. The engineering groups are run very lean, so the workload can be high.
Review
Facilities Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAOctober 19, 2017
Good place to work, friendly people and small but nice cafeteria. good benefit package with option to buy stock. Offers health insur, dental, FSA, 401K and 3% match.
Pros
Acknowledge birthdays
Cons
cubicles

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MKS Instruments. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss