MLB.com Employee Reviews

Great place, Great Team Work
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Job suitable for customer care. Teamwork is promoted. Job propels you into a customer service career. I advise to call Alorica in inquire about this job opportunity.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
need to improve computer systems
Fun place to work for baseball fans, less than ideal hours
Replay Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2017
If you love baseball, Major League Baseball Advanced Media is a good place to work. It has some great jobs to jump start your career. The hours are less than ideal during the baseball season. You regularly work until 2 AM or later, and you also work weekends. Full time is tough to get and takes a lot of work, but if you get promoted to full time the benefits are incredible.
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
Hours
Fun internship
Oakland A's Associate Reporter (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 15, 2017
I really enjoyed covering a pro baseball team, and it reaffirmed the notion that this is what I want to do in the long term. I loved the city, the company and the schedule.
Pros
Pro sport
Cons
Internship
Box Office Cashier (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 29, 2017
Nice atmosphere for part time work. Pays well. Managers are nice and very knowledgeable. Get employee tickets to see the game. That's a nice perk. Can be very busy at times but co-workers and managers make it fun.
Pros
Free drinks and food
Cons
If game is delayed you have to stay later
Editorial Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2017
This job was fine. This job was ok. This job was something that I loved doing so much that im embarrassed that I even had it to begin with. Its amazing
Overall Bad Experience of a job
Level II Technician (Current Employee) –  Cutler Bay, FLMay 18, 2017
Started this job pretty recently and i liked it at first but on a day to day basis now, I just get tired of it. There is always something new wrong with the product on computers or other devices. When i get a call from agents below me, i notice that it is a problem that shouldnt have been sent to me, it was just that the agent was close to leaving time so they tend to send up their calls so they dont deal with it. I'm currently in school and i gave in my schedule of just monday and wednesday and they put me to work. When i asked why, i was told that that people had to get monday and wednesday off too. When i asked around. People wanted my saturday off... Overtime is great.. If you like to stay at a place till 3 or 4 in the morning and randomly get one call as soon as the game ends and you end up leaving 30 minutes to an hour later. Overall this is the most boring job i have ever gotten.

PS - you will get fat since all you do is sit down all day...
Pros
Relaxing at times, Extremely easy work, On computer all day
Cons
Computer we are given are outdated (i can't use the product like the customer), horrible scheduling, extremely boring, some lower level agents are clueless of the products, No time is given to write cases.
confidential
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 16, 2017
I do not wish to disclose.

Strict time constraints

Constantly under threat of discharge.

I do not recommend.

Little support given by management on any level.
funplace to work
Internship (Mobile) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2015
It is a fun place to work but it seems like the turnover is high, they work long hours but they live by the work hard play hard motto
Major League Baseball is Major player in Advanced Media
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2015
Great company to work for. Expect very very long hours during the release cycle but lot of great learning experience and lots of bright people to work with
Pros
Free Medical benefits and great name of the company
Fun workplace with good employees
Associate Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2015
Really easy if you are comfortable working with Adobe Premiere. Can become boring unless you learn all facets of the job. But environment is fantastic. Perfect freelance or second job.
Pros
Fun and positive work environment, flexible hours
Cons
no room for growth
Good smart people
Editorial Producer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2014
Probably the smartest group of people I've ever been around and that's saying a lot.
Energetic workplace
Original Content Department Production Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2014
Everyday brings something new and different, and allows you to work on many different projects with great co-workers.
A job, not a career
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2014
Monotonous daily workload with a management staff unaware of our responsibilities. Due to this, they were not able to relay the correct information to higher management leaving us with no room for advancement. Upper management made themselves unreachable. Considered temporary employees during full tenure despite having a 40+ hour/week schedule. No training provided, had to learn all processes/tasks on my own which was not a problem for myself, but it was for others. Pay raises were promised and never delivered. In my 15 years of employment, this has been my worst experience.
Outstanding management and productive environment
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2014
Hired as one of the youngest employees while attaining my college degree, surrounded by a professional and experienced staff willing to lead by example. An extremely enjoyable and challenging job with a set of clear focused objectives.
Pros
Great work culture, thrilling fast paced work environment
Great managers
Customer Response Associate (Former Employee) –  new york, nySeptember 17, 2013
I worked at MLB as a temp employee in the internet subscription department. My job consisted of providing customer service via phone and internet. The work environment was great. I can't think of anything negative to say about my work experience.
great place to work with fantastic co-workers
Studio Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2013
Work with great people who really take the time to help you learn any aspect you may not be familiar with. Fantastic set of managers and supervisors who really try to work with you on any issues you may have. Typical day includes setting up encoders for video/audio records later in the day, Doing any pre-production that is needed for the days shoots. Routing press conferences and/or live events to our website home page or team specific page.
Pros
Great enviroment to contiune learning about productions
Great part time job with a Flexible Schedule.
Gameday Monitor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2013
Would love to work at MLB.com possibly full time in the future. Great people and company.
great time to be outside and enjoy America's pastime
Real-Time Correspondent (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 27, 2013
There is no typical day at work as a real-time correspondent for MLB.com and I learned so much more about the depth of social media platforms. The most enjoyable part of my job was to hear fans stories and make moments memorable for them by creating stories that were posted on MLB.com/cutfour and could be shared with thousands of other baseball enthusiasts.
Great place to work for a baseball fan
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2012
I thoroughly enjoy my job at MLB.com. It's great to be able to work with other baseball fans such as yourself while at the same time getting paid to be productive watching the sport you love.