MLGW Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor management
Natural gas technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 25, 2018
It was a poor place to work based upon the prejudiced supervision that i had. My supervisor told me that he hated white people and that he would make sure that me and a coworker were fired. I reported him several times but nothing was ever done about him.
Pros
could have a great place to work
Cons
too much prejudice directly from management
Execellent Company
Clerical Support, Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 23, 2018
Do your job and they will elevate you to do your best and encourage you to move up in the company. They provide everything you need to complete your task.
Productive company
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 1, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at mlgw it was a great work environment to work in, My customer service experience went up tremendously after leaving the company.
very dangerous
Underground Electrician and gas safety inspector (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 19, 2018
i worked in high voltage climbing utility poles very dangerous work had over 9 people killed in my department in the 9 years i worked decided this was to dangerous for the money
Pros
none i can think of
Cons
too many to think of
Work was available
Clerk/Contract Management Dept (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 24, 2017
It was a relaxed however busy at times, and it was a calm atmosphere. The pay was ok however it could have been better if it had been a long time position.
Pros
Most jobs are good and people relate with each other
Cons
Pay
I enjoy my position and do not intend to leave
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 2, 2017
I am looking for a part time or temporary position, I do not intend to leave my current full time job. The most enjoyable thing about working here are my coworkers.
benefits
Cons
advancement
It is a good job to work for overall. Good benefits and a pension fund
Utility Worker II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2017
It's a good company. The only thing I don't like is the bargaining unit (union employees) do not receive discounts. If we do no one has every told me how (and I have asked). I found out that the corporate employees can get discounts. I feel that is very unfair. This is a power company and we can not even get a discount on our light bill!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No discounts for the workers at the bottom. Only corporate gets discounts! I feel that's wrong
Application Consultant / Performance Analyst
Application Consultant / Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 4, 2017
 Experience writing SQL scripts queries and Optimized SQL queries for Big Data over 20,000,000 records
 Designed and developed Oracle Reports for SCT Banner ERP Utility application system
 Developed Oracle Forms for SCT Banner application system to call custom report object from application
 Experience in development, design and implementation
 Experience in Big Data analyst, SQL tools and databases
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 26, 2017
MLGW is a great company to work for . The workplace culture was good easy to get along with co workers. As a former customer service technician enjoyed working in the field working with residential and business customer . I learned so much about utilities and the effect it has on customers
productive and easy to work with team
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 19, 2017
My job is great. The management is wonderful. My coworkers are pretty easy to get along with. The work is steady and secure. The environment is peaceful, especially if you like the outdoors.
Great Team environment
Credit Counselor/Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 5, 2017
MLGW is good company to work for, but because it is a Publicly owned company it has to serve the people of the city of Memphis therefore the policies are very favorable to the citizen. There is a lot of mandatory overtime hours that are required by the employees that caused a lot of turn over in the call center. The work life balance and constant pressure from old timers who are insecure about their job position caused stress at times.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Mandatory Overtime requirements causing stress.
Great career
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 26, 2017
Plan on retiring at this company . Great atmosphere to begin and end a career. Multiple career paths as well as opportunities to advance. All around great job
Pros
Pension
Cons
N/a
Productive work fun work place in the office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 20, 2017
Phone ring, File papers, Fill orders ans ship orders out. There are more then just the local MLGW locations. Working together as one to have and get the job done. You work and inter act with different people toughtout the work place. While working keeping the machine rolling and not stopping. Community, getting alone as one big family.
Pros
Free Luch etc.
Cons
Short Breaks
Hard to move up at the company.
Utility Worker in millwright & wielding shop (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 5, 2017
Easy work most days but some days you work hard for your money.
no more to say about the company now its time to move on. I dont have anything else to say great Job and can be dangerous at time.
Pros
No layoffs
Cons
ard to move up
Layout Designer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 29, 2016
I enjoy your my job. I have learned a lot of things since I have been employed here. I enjoy interacting with customers on a daily basis. I go above and beyond to satisfy the customer. Again a great company to work for.
Fun company to work for
Clerical Support I Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 27, 2016
Fun and wonderful company to work for. Tuition reimbursement was a plus. Management was professional and was always enthusiastic to assist you with aiding the customer.
Best work enviroment ever!
Electric Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 4, 2015
I love working for companies where Customer Service comes 1st. I can honestly say that this is one of the things that motivates me to come to work every morning.
Pros
Schedule Mon-Fri
Cons
Exspensive Uniforms
It is a fun work place
J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 9, 2015
I would say it is one of the best company i ever seen in the world.

If i get chance to work again i will be ready to join again. I had a great time working with them. I found such a nice colleagues. I am really glad worked with that company.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Health care
Great company to work for
Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 5, 2015
MLGW was a outstanding company to work for. Benefits with great pay. Management was easy to work with in-spite of differences.
Benefits
Cons
Summary
Software Specialist III (Current Employee) –  MemphisFebruary 13, 2015
Project Management for Oracle releases while identifying resources to carry out pre-defined/pre-established activities.
Have great cohesiveness among Users, HRIS Subject Matter Experts, System Administrators and the DBAs. Coordinate
work performed by Oracle HR/IS staff and internal customers by defining project specifications, performing feasibility
and needs/impact assessments for Memphis Light, Gas and Water.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Application customizations