MLT Systems Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Small business environment
Senior Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAJuly 11, 2017
Contract dependent. Personnel are very loyal and competent. Primarily a family atmosphere and excellent benefits. Job security is the main issue as contract re-competes are continuous but not assured.
Productive, well managed, family oriented company
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAJune 22, 2017
MLT Systems is one of the best companies I've ever worked for. I've had the opportunity to work for some large organizations, however the leadership at MLT Systems rivals that of larger corporate competitors. Namely their interest in taking care of their employee's personal and professional interests is a rare quality that separates them from the rest. I would gladly recommend and promote this company.
Growing Company
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Out of local areaJuly 22, 2016
MLT is a growing company and because of this there are growing pains. But, the management is great in trying to sort through this learning process and make changes when needed. The corporate staff is great; especially HR since that is the department I worked with the most when joining the company -- very helpful in making the process operate smoothly since I am not in the immediate area.
Pros
Growing company with potential
Cons
Better fringe benefits like leave, life insurance and short term disability.

Comment – January 3, 2017

Thank you for your comments.

Even though we have a number of remote locations, our Corporate staff tries to continuously communicate with all employees.

MLT has been steadily growing and as a result is now considered a large employer in terms of benefits. In 2016 we increased most of our benefit offerings and are very competitive with other area companies.

Great management, but at constant threat of layoff
Fielding Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAApril 21, 2014
The president of the company makes an effort to know everyone on board. They try to find you another job within the companies contracts if you are about to leave through no fault of your own. Unfortunately, many contracts are not being won or are being de-scoped. MLT's contracts are mostly sub-contract and not the prime for clients. Sub-contractors are usually the first to go during a drawdown (which is going on right now due to the ravaged economy). As a result, the threat of layoff seems to loom in the horizon. You are also the lone MLT employee at most sites: that can be nerve racking especially when you have other companies' employees deciding your fate. I only saw co-workers from my company once in a blue moon. The other co-workers were from competitors' companies. They were great to work with, but again, they could have your career in their hands. The management is very people empowered. Unfortunately, that's not enough to win contracts, or be the prime contractor on many projects. This company supports mostly or all Department of Defense customers. DoD is doing a lot of cuts. You have great management, but (as of this writing) at the sametime the threat of layoff is always looming.
Pros
Very people empowered.
Cons
A lot of contracts not being won, or current ones being de-scoped.
Family oriented small business on the move
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VADecember 30, 2013
MLT Systems is a great place to work. The atmosphere encourages teamwork and is infused with a sense of family.
Small Family Feel
Senior ILS Manager (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VANovember 13, 2013
Small family feel, yet provides all employees with the potential of developing the business. A real "All for One, One for All" atmosphere.