MModal Employee Reviews

Terrible
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 18, 2019
I worked for this company for 4 years. I had 5 different supervisors and was paid 4 cents per line. Every 6 weeks or so just when you were getting used to doctors and building your lines you were switched over to another new set of doctors to learn. I found out right before I left that the straight transcription jobs that paid 8 cents per line were given to salaries or long term employees. I went from making $16/hr to $8/hr or less.
Cons
Terrible company, was transferred as part of a buyout
MLS (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 5, 2019
Was employed by them after a buyout. Came in at a higher rate of pay than they offer most employees, which after a while they start to nitpick your work to death until you quit, if that does not work they just shut off your workflow. They can outsource the work to an independent contractor at less than half of what they were paying me. This company has no work ethic or regard for their employees.
Pros
Cons
No ethics or regard for their employees
Great place to work but very low pay.
Speech Editor (Current Employee) –  Home BasedMarch 21, 2019
Loved the company when I started 2 years ago but pay has been decreasing over time due to the fact that , for some reason, it's almost impossible to meet the 165 lph (which is normally very easy to reach). You have to produce anywhere from 60-70 reports a day in order to make that. Something has changed in management when figuring your lines. I was typing my usual 180 lph 2 years ago and now I've dropped down to 150 -at least according to their figures.
Doesn't make sense as I'm typing the same accounts and typing in the same manner I've always done but I'm not able to make the line count. Other than that - which is a big item - the accounts are good, there's always plenty of work, and I do have a great manager who cares about her team. But I wish they would pay more or figure out the line count issue..
Pros
Work from home.
Cons
Very low pay for the amount of work we do.
Not so great.
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 18, 2019
I worked for this company several years as a medical transcriptionist. The best thing about it was working from home. Medical, dental and vision plans were great. One would expect to get pay increases over time with any job, but not the case here. The company went through a few mergers and pay was decreased to keep in line with "industry standards" as well as increasing production expectations. No consistency with accounts. They made you feel guilty for taking PTO.
Pros
Work from home. Good insurance.
Cons
Decreasing pay. Increasing production requirements. Inconsistent accounts.
Not recommended
Chief Cook and bottle washer (Former Employee) –  CorporateMarch 11, 2019
Other employees don't do their jobs which makes it hard and you end up doing yours and theirs. Managers don't care if you worked all day and half the night, they still expected you to show up the next day.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Work environment, cut throat, easy to point fingers and then take credit for something you do
Awesome place to work
Customer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 28, 2019
MModal is a awesome place to work with a great team of people. Everyone is helpful and always willing to help you if needed. Most of the staff work from home.
Good experience
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 25, 2019
Overall, it was a good experience working for Mmodal. I really enjoyed being able to work from home. I was trained on several different platforms and received a lot of support either through technical support or through management.
Work at home company
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 19, 2019
Working from home was the most enjoyable part of the job. It is tough to sit 8 hours straight. You must have a strong work ethic and structure to commit to this job.
Honest mmodal review
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Home BasedJanuary 30, 2019
I have been working at MModal for a little over a year. I can say that it has been great to have extra income, especially when I need it. Things come up in life and it is nice to know that I have my MModal job to depend on for extra cash. For the most part the work is endless (at least for the account I worked on); I know some of these reviews say that their account has frequently been out of work, but that is not my personal experience. I do recall that at the beginning the account I worked on was out of work a lot so I emailed the manager and she added me to another account in a different Province, which was nice. Overall, MModal is good to work for as a part-time job. By no means would this ever provide you with enough money full-time. I must say that they are extremely picky with their reports. They email very frequently about minor errors and the reports are audited very frequently as well. This is not necessarily a bad thing but it becomes annoying when they message you regarding formatting that is mentioned in the "client profile"; I work on 4-5 accounts and a client profile is approximately 2 pages long so memorizing every detail and remembering which client likes what and how to be typed is very hard. Management does not really care about anything else, I have never asked for time off - I just go on vacation. They do not message you. I have emailed the manager about 10 times over the last year about different questions, she did not reply. I sometimes had to email 3-4 times about the same question.

OVERALL, GOOD PLACE TO WORK FOR PART-TIME INCOME. POOR MANAGEMENT.
Pros
work from home, work at anytime you want, endless work, great extra income, flexible time off
Cons
management is pretty much nonexistent (unless it is about a minor mistake you made), frequent audits for MINOR errors, low pay (averages 12-13$ per hour), many client profiles to memorize, overall poor management - they do not care about the employees
Work from home position
Healthcare Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 29, 2019
Stressful, fast-paced position.
Must not be easily distracted.
Enjoyable job, but a required lines per hour must be met as well as an average lines per day.
Worked there many years
Medical Language Specialist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 29, 2019
I worked for MModal for over 20 years. The hours were flexible and I appreciated that. I did feel, however, that we were pushed and pushed to produce with little benefit. No one wants to make a mistake but they do happen and to be belittled doesn't help the situation.
Excellent Place To Work
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 23, 2019
I worked for M-Modal for over 7 years and it was a wonderful job. I wish I had never left. Because now it's exceptionally hard to get back in. Not many transcription companies pay benefits. I would recommend this company to anyone! However, be prepared to work hard, editing is a whole different ballgame to transcribing! And unfortunately, you only get paid half as much to do it. So you'll have to work twice as hard.
Benefits
Cons
Editing instead of transcribing
Great place to work and I learned a great deal
FFT Business Analyst, Security Administration (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TN 37067January 21, 2019
Great place to work and I learned a great deal, I worked from home, making me very efficient. Management was excellent, as was the workplace culture.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new every day
training was cut throat
Medical Scribe/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  at homeJanuary 20, 2019
too many exams coaches do not help pay is too low if you do not pass tests they let you go do not apply at this job it is not worth it at all dont apply
Nice place to work
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 2, 2019
I worked part time for M*Modal from home (20-24 hours per week) for around 8 years, including weekends. I transcribed and edited dictation and was introduced to a speech recognition system during this time.
Ok place to work.
Quality Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York StateDecember 25, 2018
They often promote from within. Supportive management. Typical day involves auditing per assigned monthly schedule or doing focused audits as requested.
Wonderful company to work for
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 2, 2018
This company has been a God-send for medical scribes and physicians alike. I love the comfort of working from home. There are no issues with audio, but some technical issues are to be expected - and are being worked on consistently. I recommend this position to all of my friends. Management is very friendly and willing to work with you.
Pros
Work-from-home
Cons
Short lunch break
Worked for this company for over 40 years. Saw my pay drop by 2/3 over the years. Terrible management. Constantly looking for any small error.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Wilkins Township, PANovember 27, 2018
Used to be a great company to work for. Was bought several times, pay was reduced, benefits reduced, insurance increased, hard to even get time off for vacation. They want you to be available 24/7 because you work at home, as if you didn't have a life of your own. Job itself was interesting and educational. It was the company's attitude that did me in. Did not intend to quit, just got fed up with their BS one day and up and quit w/o notice. Not even so much as a good by or thanks after 42 years. This place really stinks. Stay away from it, you will regret ever working here.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
Middle management under pressure to find errors at all costs.
Punitive Culture.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNNovember 5, 2018
Punitive Culture, low compensation. Expectation, quota higher than school standards or other company standards. Would not recommend company to work for.
Pros
Work at Home
Cons
Could take 8 hours at computer to receive 4 hours compensation.
Very low pay
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 20, 2018
Mmodal holds the very highest of standards for their transcriptionists but pays them the absolute lowest rates. The average transcriptionist cannot make a living here.
Pros
Work from home, variety of specialties and dictators
Cons
Responsible for 20+ accounts, low pay, STRICT standards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MModal. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight