MModal

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Free coffee and tea, vending machine available, very long hours

I always enjoyed the field of medical transcription and thought I would do that job until the day I retired, but unfortunately, with the emergence of speech recognition and MModal having a parent company in India, the work was hard to come by and sometimes would take 8 hours to get 2 hours worth of dictation.

Pros

Work from home, very supportive manager

Cons

pay, benefits, available work to transcribe

Good: Remote and the ease of logging in and group meetings when I needed to discuss issues. Management extremely helpful. Bad: Pay per page.

The things I enjoyed while employed at MModal was the ease of my hours and the fact that I worked from home (remote). I heard that if an employee did not have a computer that a lot of times MModal actually supplied a new employee with one. The group meetings were for the teams as a support and announcements of new data. Management was extremely supportive. I did learn a lot from MModal, as they pretty much placed me in a team that transcribed multiple medical specialties.

Pros

Remote and the ease of taking on more hours if needed.

Cons

1099, and the pay per page

Terrible pay and recognition

The only upside of working in this job (I wont even call it a career) is that you can have a flexible work schedule. The pay is far below what minimum wage is in Canada, not nearly enough to survive on. Management do not care about any of the employees. When I ask about any room for job growth or pay increase it gets ignored. Awful interpersonal communication as I get ignored half the time unless it's management complaining about something. Been working here for 4 years and no different than day 1, when I can find a better replacement I will be running as far away from this company and job as possible. What a joke!

Pros

flexible shcedule

Cons

poor pay, poor management, no recognition, no room for growth

No incentive pay, no bonuses, no raises. Only plus is working at home.

Employees are not treated as valued assets, rather just replaceable parts easily discarded. There are no raises, ever. Little flexibility in scheduling,

Pros

Work at home

Cons

Impossibly high standards make a meaningful line count and living wage unlikely.

Good place to work with supportive seniors and technical staff

MModal is a very good company work. I do not really know about how the cultures is now as it has become Aquity Solutions India Pvt Limited as there is always a change in policies when there is a takeover by companies. The management style changes but work always remains the same. We just have to work diligently, religiously with quality and within the stipulated time.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Productive with fun workplace

My experience in MModal was great. All the HR, colleagues and the management peoples were cooperative and helpful to grow one in the career. The company is situated near to my location, it was convenient for me to travel. Company does have many celebration within it. They celebrate each and every Indian festival and allows each and everyone to actively participate in it. Company also provides bonuses such as attendance bonus, quality bonus, productive bonus.

Pros

Pickup-Drop facility, Pay-TM Food Wallet

Good company to work for

I really like working at MModal because it is flexible I do not have to commit to a specific time and I can work more than the required minutes if I am able to great flexibility

Horrible company to work for

Over the years it got worse and worse. At the end could not even earn minimum wage. Underpaid for huge knowledge base and skill. Terrible place to work!

pressure workplace

 Preparing of Health documents (Surgery, Consult, Discharge, Admit Reports etc.)  Proofing of Health documents  Final level checking of Health documents from MT level as Quality Analyst

Stressful

I was recently let go (critical errors). I’m thinking it’s a blessing in disguise. Horrible communication and poor management. No one available to answer immediate questions regarding work or transcription (leave it blank they’ll say). NOT what my idea of a people/employee-friendly company.

Sick to stomach thinking about working for MModal

My days were a complete nightmare. Never did SR, poor training, and stressful leadership. Tried to explain, did not care, removed acct.,physically ill

Pros

Cons

Poor leadership, poor training, lack of patience, lack of compassion

Terrible job

If you're okay for working your *** off for a $200 or less paycheck then be my guest! Management is rude. Pay is so awful that I can't even believe it's legal.

Pros

Get to be at home

Cons

Management is rude, you make literally PENNIES, no room for advacement. This is totally a dying field.

just okay

The pay is not great. Management is not great. No support in a timely manner. Working from home is great, but no raises makes it difficult to outweigh the benefits.

Pros

working from home, comfortable clothes

Cons

low pay, little to no management support

Great work flow and professional mature management.

Busy accounts. Good management. Excellent platform. Enjoyable part of job is knowing I'm an intregal part of a team providing customer care. Hardest part was initial learning curve, but once skills were established the work flow was smooth and fast.

Pros

Proprietary platform.

Cons

Ergonomically challenging, but resolved.

Terrible

I worked for this company for 4 years. I had 5 different supervisors and was paid 4 cents per line. Every 6 weeks or so just when you were getting used to doctors and building your lines you were switched over to another new set of doctors to learn. I found out right before I left that the straight transcription jobs that paid 8 cents per line were given to salaries or long term employees. I went from making $16/hr to $8/hr or less.

Good experience

Overall, it was a good experience working for Mmodal. I really enjoyed being able to work from home. I was trained on several different platforms and received a lot of support either through technical support or through management.

Work at home company

Working from home was the most enjoyable part of the job. It is tough to sit 8 hours straight. You must have a strong work ethic and structure to commit to this job.

Excellent Place To Work

I worked for M-Modal for over 7 years and it was a wonderful job. I wish I had never left. Because now it's exceptionally hard to get back in. Not many transcription companies pay benefits. I would recommend this company to anyone! However, be prepared to work hard, editing is a whole different ballgame to transcribing! And unfortunately, you only get paid half as much to do it. So you'll have to work twice as hard.

Benefits

Cons

Editing instead of transcribing

Nice place to work

I worked part time for M*Modal from home (20-24 hours per week) for around 8 years, including weekends. I transcribed and edited dictation and was introduced to a speech recognition system during this time.

home based work

little support from office as you are home based, little integration ith the team or options for discussing work with other team members outside of initial training Low hourly rate with difficult dictators often,

Worked for this company for over 40 years. Saw my pay drop by 2/3 over the years. Terrible management. Constantly looking for any small error.

Used to be a great company to work for. Was bought several times, pay was reduced, benefits reduced, insurance increased, hard to even get time off for vacation. They want you to be available 24/7 because you work at home, as if you didn't have a life of your own. Job itself was interesting and educational. It was the company's attitude that did me in. Did not intend to quit, just got fed up with their BS one day and up and quit w/o notice. Not even so much as a good by or thanks after 42 years. This place really stinks. Stay away from it, you will regret ever working here.

Pros

Working from home.

Cons

Middle management under pressure to find errors at all costs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MModal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare MModal with

Popular locations for Medical Transcriptionist in US

Explore similar careers

Learn about MModal in popular locations

• MModal