MN Adult and Teen Challenge Employee Reviews

Amazing experience
Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  MNJune 14, 2018
Great place to work if you want to be a part of the solution and see how God transforms our lives for the good. Blessed to have been a part of a great team of caring individuals.
Pros
Getting to teach people about God everyday, seeing lives being transformed
Cons
staff members, including leadership, take on way too many roles/are too busy and the clients suffer because of it, Communication issues
Great place to work!
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 16, 2018
I really loved this job. I learned a lot about how to deal with people more effectively and was given the freedom and tools to help those in need. As with many non profit jobs there was a fair amount of down time which was also an opportunity to connect with the clients more. Coworkers and leadership were all very kind and understanding. Had no problems taking days off when needed. Couldn't recommend enough!
Pros
Christian atmosphere, Life improving experience
Cons
Down time, spotty communication
Productive and respectable workplace
Alcohol and Drug Counselor Practicum (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 20, 2018
Compassionate, professional,caring staff. Client best interest. Faith based. Short\Long term programs. Excellent communication among staff. Safe place to work.
Best Place I Have Ever Worked
Marketing Department (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 28, 2018
Minnesota Adult and Teen Challenge is not just a job for me- it is like my second home. I love seeing people set free from addiction and people changing so quickly for the better- stepping into their true identities. The people are all very passionate about their work and their impact on the clients. Everyone seems to work great together- it is a stressful job at times due to the nature of dealing with such complex and sometimes emotional situations but people come together when necessary to alleviate pressure. I personally do not care for a handful of the directors there but only because they seem to be prideful and can frequently be found outside their lane in someone else’s authoritative area. Overall- I love it at MNTC and have no desire to ever leave.
Pros
Rewarding place to work
Cons
Prideful Leaders
Fifty-fifty
Licensed Alcohol & Drug Counselor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 5, 2018
This job comes with many wonderful opportunities to see clients making life chances and great coworkers. It also comes with frustrations related to how management decisions are made which contributes to unnecessary work stress.
Pros
Free lunches, Great coworkers
Cons
Lack of case management time during work hours
Life changing work place
Womens program staff (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2017
Mn Adult and Teen challenge changed my life for the better. And being able to work with Mn Adult and Teen challenge was both an honor and humbling experience. The employees cared about you succeeding in your role. And working with the women in the program is such a blessing to your life!
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Sometimes stressful with all the different clients
Great place to see God's grace at work in a person's most difficult life circumstances.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 18, 2017
I enjoyed working there because there was a genuine dependance on God. Many lives have been changed with this program and it was an honor to be a part of it. There are excellent staff there that have been there for years and a huge part of why it's successful.
Pros
Christ Centered work environment surrounded by professionals.
Cons
Compensation and lack of training.
Productive workplace, can be chaotic at times
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 12, 2015
This is a fantastic place to work if you understand your own boundaries. MnTC is bad about expecting more investment in work than they pay for. It is a fun and rewarding work environment, but you must be willing to say no when asked to go beyond your time limits. It can be chaotic as some times it feels as though they are just plugging holes, rather than replacing the dam.
Innovative and productive workplace. Safe-Haven for any interested.
Chemical Dependency Assessor/ Float Counselor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55404August 27, 2015
Friendly and loving environment the moment you walk in. The facilities are very family-oriented and clean. I learned about fellowship, being a person of integrity, community values, and life management skills to share with anyone.
Pros
Free lunches, Loving Community/ Environment, and Competent Staff
Fun and rewarding workplace that fosters positive change
Women's Recovery Coach - Charge Staff (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 7, 2015
Supervise clients in daily duties and activities, working under the direction of the Program Manager and Director, in a faith based, 12 month residential rehabilitation program setting. A typical day at work consists of meeting clients needs whether they be spiritual, emotional, physical. In doing so, there are many challenges that arise and learning to expect the unexpected and being able to respond with professionalism and love. In this position, I have learned how to help others by honoring them and serving them to the very best of my ability! Management is wonderful, and brings correction to both clients and staff with compassion and through opportunities to grow. Co-workers interact and respond to daily tasks with a team-based mission that is focused on bringing wellness to the clients we serve. The hardest part of the job is realizing that you can't make clients want to change their behavior but instead pointing clients in the right direction so that they are able to make good decisions that will positively change their lives. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching clients transform right before my eyes, and having the satisfaction of knowing I may have played a role in them getting there!
Pros
Internal satisfaction and reward in helping others, job stability, and excellent benefits
Cons
Fast-paced, mentally and emotionally challenging.

Want to know more about MN Adult and Teen Challenge?

Ask a question
Great employment opportunity to help people with chemical addictions.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis & Duluth, MNDecember 30, 2014
I began employment in December of 2008 and it ended in December 2014. During that time I held 4 different positions, with the last two being internal promotions. I learned a great deal about management, leadership, teamwork, problem solving skills, and much more. It brought great satisfaction to me knowing that I was helping to make a difference in people's lives. The job was emotionally draining becuase you are with these clients 40 hours a week for a year or more. Not everyone succeeds and that was the difficult part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the clients graduate and move on to become the fathers, sons, brothers, and husbands that they were created to be, as well as becoming positive and contributing members of our society.