Moberly Area Community College Employee Reviews

A good place to work with nice and friendly staff.
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 11, 2019
I have been working at MACC sine january 2019. I enjoy an atmosphere of mutual respect. There are plenty of opportunities for a flexible scheduling. The resorce manager and upper staff are supportive.
Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Moberly, MOApril 15, 2019
The college is wonderful for understanding the demands of family. There are struggles with communication which is typically in the community college arena. There is freedom to try new things and be inventive.
Pros
vacation, lunch breaks, activities
Cons
insurance, pay
Good job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOJanuary 4, 2019
This was just a work/study job. It was easy as all I had to do was watch the dorms to make sure nothing bad had happened there. Easy thing job to do while studying.
Great Job for excelling college students
Student Tutor (Current Employee) –  Kirksville, MOSeptember 16, 2018
I love this job. I would recommend this job to any college student you does well in school. I work here through work study. Its great way to meet kids across the campus.
Pros
On campus, you can use your time studing
Cons
No paid Time off
Great part time job for students
CRLA Certified Tutor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 21, 2018
MACC is a great place to work as a part time student. They will schedule your working hours around those of your class schedule. The culture is easy going most days with different periods of high traffic and volume.
The hardest part of working at Moberly Area Community College is remaining patient with students who are not interested in receiving tutoring, but are being coerced to, and at the same time the students are the best part of the job. Many good relationships are formed throughout a semester.
This job has taught me a lot when it comes to working with people of all backgrounds, cultures, and demographics, from the average just out of high school student to a foreign student whose second language is English to non-traditional students who are returning to school 25 years after graduating high school.
Productive and rewarding place to work
Substitute Teacher for the AEL (Current Employee) –  MissouriAugust 21, 2018
The work is very rewarding helping students prepare for their GED and seeing the improvements they are making. It is good when you learn they passed their exams and they tell you that your teaching style helped them a lot on the exams.
Pros
Rewarding, good pay
Cons
Not steady work
Has a great gallery space
Gallery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOAugust 20, 2018
It has lots of possibilities. There are many friendly faculties. Easy access. However, when it comes at a show, they need more customers. Even though they have a decent art show, not many people to come and see.
Pros
Nice gallery
Cons
Not very many visitors
Excellent Support from Management, Wonderful Colleagues
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kirksville, MOAugust 2, 2018
An excellent place to work and teach. Workplace culture is cordial and collaborative. Colleagues and management are ready to help each other out. Faculty are committed to their students' well-being and so is the institutional culture.
Excellent place to work as a professional
Developer/Instructor-CSR Vocational Program (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOJuly 29, 2018
I really enjoyed my time and work there and am currently applying for a position at another community college for the same position I had there. Working for a college is a vibrant and exciting role.
Pros
Enjoying working in the field of my college degree
Moberly Area Community College
Student (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 3, 2018
*Student employment Job
- learned a lot while being a student.
- management was ok
-teachers can be unbearable
- homework can be outrageous
*Student employment Job
Encouraging atmosphere
Professor of English (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 5, 2018
Staff and faculty work well together, part time employees treated with respect, professional work environment. Motivated students, great learning environment
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Great job for students
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOApril 9, 2018
This job is a work study job. Has very flexible hours. I learned about advertising and marketing. I enjoyed the interaction with other departments at the college.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough hours
Fun and easy
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 7, 2018
It was very relaxed and friendly. I was a work study and helped students check out textbooks and calculators. I also did office work like filling important documents.
Daily
Women's Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Moberly, MOApril 7, 2018
Typical day at work is usually very laid back, love my co-workers, my boss, the AD is great. I don't even think I can type out everything I have learned since being here. It has been a phenomenal first years experience and I am forever grateful for that. The culture here is strong. It is a rich winning history of basketball, and my head coach does a great job of instilling that into the program and community. It is usually a laid back place to work but we stay extremely busy. Hardest part of the job is learning on the fly, and some stress that of course comes with any job, but especially when your lively hood is based off of teenagers/young adults. Most enjoyable part of this job is helping young ladies grown into women, the winning is great, the relationships I have made with the players and staff, the community support. It has been a wonderful year.
Administrative Support
College Workstudy Clercal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 5, 2017
The job involved supporting staff, administrators, and students at a local community college. My job required making every else's job easy. It was fast paced, dynamic, fulfilling, and helped me get back into "work mode." I ran errands, made copies, took on projects, counseled students and staff, filed, and tracked data.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
Busy environment while also studying for my degree.
Awesome atmosphere, would recommend to anyone
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Kirksville, MOSeptember 26, 2017
An awesome atmosphere that is recommended to anyone. Use already developed skills in a subject matter and learn how to teach those skills to others. Extremely useful for future teachers and hours were very flexible for currently enrolled students.
Pros
Leisurely, academic, helping students learn.
Laid back work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOJuly 24, 2017
A typical day at work was not fast paced, I could go at my own pace and still manage to get many tasks accomplished. This type of work allowed me to work independently without frequent interruption.
Pros
Worked well with schedule
Cons
little pay
Great place to teach!
Adjunct professor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 8, 2017
MACC is in top 10% of the US community colleges. This is a great place to teach. MACC has collaboration with most of the universities in Central Missouri.
Love working at MACC
Adjunct faculty (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MO 65203April 6, 2017
I have taught at MACC since August of 2000. The school and administration have progressed through the years into a top notch education system. The environment and support is great.
great place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOFebruary 9, 2017
Adjunct college instructor

Classes were typically 3 hours and students were very receptive to learning the curriculum. Management was excellent and always helpful.
Pros
Rewarding position
Cons
part time dependent on funding