Mobilelink Employee Reviews

Walking on Eggshells
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 18, 2019
Everytime you turn around they are changing policy. Never consistent on what they tell you and never sticking to a form of training. I was thrown into a store with no proper training as to how to use things. I went 3 months without logins because no one knew what to do. HR was also inconsistent and when trying to fix the team i was handed i was informed that i could not terminate due to the company didnt want to pay unemployment. So in turn i was terminated. Good luck if you work here or plan to, have a backup plan.
Pros
Prime location for business
Cons
Benefits expensive, stolen commissions, robbed of bonuses, inconsistent leadership
Worst place to ever work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 11, 2019
The way corporate treats you is very unprofessional. Trying to ask questions about certain things casues even more confusion. They expect you to email them back, right away. But the corporate office will never reply back to you in a timely manner. Having a day off never actually happens, because you are expected to still answer all calls, emails and texts. You must put your own money into the store to "grow the business" and if you don't you are threatened about being fired. Surveillance will watch you constantly not to protect you but to report you for any miniscule issues they see like you sitting down for a few minutes. This company has a high turnover rate and is super cheap when it comes to them having to pay for anything. Don't expect to get paid on the day you are supposed to. They constantly change the pay dates causing issues with ADP to pay you later and then Mobilelink will charge you $25 to mail your paycheck to you.
Run
Sales and Operations manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 10, 2019
Extremely high turnover of upper management. Slim to no reason for loyalty. Company would not renew business license causing me the manager to be summoned to court. No apology. No corporate support for field operations. In eight months I saw four of my supervisors fired.
In a word.....Run
Pros
Cons
Across the board needless stress.
It's ok
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 5, 2019
I've learned alot here. Pay is not enough. commission is weird most people do not make it. The management does invest in employee learning tools and donuts.
Wouldnt reccomend working here
Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 4, 2019
Dont work here , the cricket store I worked at was dirty everyone was lazy, and wasnt fair with the schedule , doubt you , everyone is fake, not a good team at all ,manager never did paper work and seems like you were responsible for stuff that was the managers job and assistant managers job. Manager never worked one full day that is mandatory. Manager also lied to me about commission saying that if the manager doesnt hit their goal we dont get our commission , because it was almost the end of the month and they didnt hit their goal yet and it was all because they just wanted the store bonus that only the MANAGERS get when the whole store hits their monthly goal , very selfish I would say to have to lie to your team because YOU didnt hit your goal and everyone else did ,( the reason why the manager didnt hit their goal is for being lazy and not wanting to do the work and having their partners come into the store not just once but a couple times a day and didnt happen just once but lots of times and being on their phone all the time ) . Its kinda ridiculous that a solution specialist hit their goal and more and the manager hasnt even hit at least half of their goal yet ,not a good team leader at all. It would of been a great place if the people weren't so horrible. Cricket is great but I would suggest being careful with who you hire especially for positions that are managers. I will be contacting HR soon.
Pros
Commission is good when you hit your goals
Cons
Dont get a lunch break at all
Terrible Company To Work For
Manager (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMay 30, 2019
Management is terrible. Overworked and not paid enough. Management team will target a person that they don’t like and find ways or lie to get them fired. They are very messy and vindictive.
Run
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2019
Not a great place to work. Took 2 months to get paid correctly. Had to deal with the Back office in Pakistan telling me I didn't know how much I was getting paid. Lack of investment in working equipment.unachievablebgoals.
Pros
Nond
Cons
Stressful, no support
Terrible
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 25, 2019
If you want to work somewhere where you won’t be promoted , won’t know when your “set” schedule will be changed out of nowhere without notice or approval and aren’t willing to give days off because managers get first pick on days this is the company for you . Breaks are hardly given , you cannot sit down and company is very unprofessional . Other than that commission was the only thing decent .
The Hardest Part of the Job
Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMay 21, 2019
The hardest part is when you are in the store alone without any help and when the management does not follow protocol. This led to me getting held at gunpoint when a criminal came to rob the store, I was left alone to fend for myself and my life was at jeopardy. I will never work in an environment / store by myself again.
This Job Showed Me I Deserved Better
CLUSTER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 21, 2019
This was my last job for awhile. Although I worked hard, exceeded store goals by 40-80% every month and had the top stores in the market nationwide, there was only so much promoting that they would do. After I got two promotions in less than 90 days, my last "pay raise" was .50 instead of the $25K I was trained for and promised to receive.

I hated this place.
Fun, competitive place to work.
Retail Sales Manager/ Training Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 20, 2019
I have enjoyed working for Mobilelink. The goals they set are pretty obtainable most of the time. I like the environment over the whole company. It is truly a family. If there is a question that you need answered, you can call any of the stores and they will help if they know the answer.
Fun place to work
Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2019
Mobilelink can be a fun place to work, but not much support. Getting what you need can be difficult. Waiting for approvals via email can be time consuming and costly in sales.
Aggesssive work place
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMay 13, 2019
Loved working for Mobdilelink USA. The agreement promised was to work Monday - Friday a normal schedule and off at 3 pm on Sat and off on Sundays. This job requires 7 days work week. I understand that I was on call 24/7 should my locations need answers. I would step in an handle it but to have the request for reports after 3 on Saturday and into Sunday took away from my other commitments.
Pros
Loved the people engagments.
Cons
Was recieving work after 3pm on Saturdays and Sundays, there was not work life balance.
Was once a fun productive place to work
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TX, Lockhart, TX, Brenham, TX, Conroe, TXMay 11, 2019
Company changed over the years. Demands were made that no one could complete . Stress from micro managing is killing the company
Loved my job , and supervisor at all locations except Conroe, was harassed daily sometimes several times a day.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Upper management threatens job weekly
Just bad.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 9, 2019
Don't do it. The culture and experience was not healthy whatsoever. There is no work-life balance. Large company, but small. But not in a good way. Micromanaging in full effect. Run.
Do not work here
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Northwest IndianaMay 6, 2019
Mobilelink, is by far, the worst company I have ever worked for. They will take money from you for anything they can. The commission structure is set up so you will never make it, unless you are in a high volume store. They claim to give raises once a year, but that's a lie. They don't help stores at all, just constantly threaten how they can replace you. Store managers never technically have a day off, as you are expected to respond to all emails and phone calls. Cameras in place, being watched live, not for anyone's protection, but to make sure staff is on sales floor, not sitting, not on phone, etc.. if you are caught doing anything they send a screenshot to all the higher ups. You are expected to work long shifts alone, but they will have a fit if you want to sit in back for 10/15 minutes to eat. They have the highest turnover rate I have ever seen. In the past year we went through 5 territory managers alone.
I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
Cricket wireless is great. Employee discount on phone service through cricket.
Cons
Unprofessional, unethical work environment from top to bottom
Territory Director (Former Employee) –  Florida State, FL, GeorgiaMay 5, 2019
No time off, no trust, no automy, no teamwork, no fulfilled promises. It is a revolving door of talented people who all leave because the they are treated so poorly.
Pros
Cricket is a good brand
Cons
Everything else
Toxic culture
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  USAApril 30, 2019
Cricket Wireless is a wonderful company with an awesome product. Mobilelink on the other hand is miserable.

600 stores and growing but being run like 2 or 3 stores managed out of someone's garage. Micromanaged poorly, surveilled with cameras not for security but to catch employees sitting down or being off the sales floor. Attitude of management toward employees is pitiful. Hit the ridiculous goals or be fired. Sales training is less about how to sell and more about adhering to their rules. Half of the emails end in a statement threatening disciplinary action up to and including termination. Insurance benefits are so costly I can't believe there is much if any employer contribution.

Most of the people I know are actively seeking other employment. Don't you dare have overtime, even if it costs you sales, or you could be fired.

Mobilelink does no advertising. Employees are expected to go out into the community and hand out flyers to let people know about the store.

If you want to decorate your store for an event or holiday it comes out of your pocket.
Pros
Cricket wireless, discounts on plans and accessories.
Cons
Upper management, ownership, threats, lack of inventory, micromanagement, rapid turnover, owners know nothing about how to run a business.
It's a sham
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MidwestApril 20, 2019
I started working at mobilelink as an ASM. Within a month and a half I was thrown into a store that was abandoned by it's previous RSM and team. For about 3 months I worked open to close 7 days a week because the stores were so understaffed and had a difficult time staffing. Sure I was promoted to an RSM and given a minor pay raise. What we were paid was well below industry standards for our positions. So no formal training my previous Territory Manager called it a trial by fire. Cute huh? So no support from my TSM and no support for corporate somehow I managed to staff my store.

When December hit due to my now staffed stores low numbers and that my back room wasn't tidy I was placed on a final written warning for insubordination. Cute huh? Somehow I still decided to stay.

Now that I've left after close to 2 years of service. I was fined quite a few bucks from the company for supposed missing inventory. Despite proving with the take over manager there that all of my inventory was accounted for. I have tried to get my deposit back from my shirts and badges. All emails now go unanswered. Cute huh?

So 2 years of getting paid less than others in the same general field with the same general title and responsibilities.

2 years of being basically harassed by the surveillance team for taking a break to sit down and eat food.

2 years of my commission structure changing nearly a dozen times.

And all I have to show for it is money stolen from my paycheck for inventory we proved was there and money stolen for 5 horrible shirts and 2 name badges.

Please
  more... stay away unless you plan on just having a job.  less
Pros
Cons
Surveillance, upper management, pay, benefits, well everything
No support from upper management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 19, 2019
They watch your everyove with security cameras and act like you are out to steal it all. Managers just do what they want and never get reprimanded, including taking a nap in their car in the parking lot.
Pros
Cons
No support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mobilelink. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6