Mobilelink Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Look Elsewhere
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2018
Management will sell you on the idea of how much money you will make at this company, however what they often fail to explain, is that you don't make commission unless you meet your monthly and semi-monthly goal. Furthermore, even when meeting and exceeding your goal for new lines, the payroll department makes changes without letting their employees know to avoid paying you and to make it hard to even get the money your worked for. Management does NOT make any kind of effort to help you get the commission basically stolen from you, and often time's you employees are met with a shrug and a "Better luck next time."

Management is replaced at least every 2 months, meaning we have District (Territory) Managers that have little to zero idea on how to help with customer issues and payroll issues.

Goals are also extremely hard to meet at the store level. Often times we have to sell the same amount of phones as some of the busiest stores, so if you are looking for a bonus this is not the place for it.

Overall, many employees and I share the same or similar opinions on this company. Take a look at the reviews, many have similar stories about the pay plan and commission payout.
Pros
Interacting with other employees and customers.
Cons
Everything else.
Too much work not enough help
Sales Management (Former Employee) –  Southeast USAJuly 13, 2018
They will work you to death gripe every day about numbers. When you hit you number they raise the number and gripe some more. It is the poorest run company I have ever seen. If you read the reviews the only good ones were written by office workers told to write a good review.
Pros
Cricket
Cons
long hard days with no support
6 days work weeks with 73 hours on call support
Territory Manager/ Cluster manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 9, 2018
Territory Manager or Cluster Manager are expected to visit store 6 days a week and be on call for all stores. If employees call out, they expect you to work as they do not like overtime. My area had a revolving door of employee for various reason however I suffered the consequences instead of allowing for overtime I was expected to work as many hours needed to keep OT at zero. They continue to rise goals so that bonus are impossible to meet. I did not make commission the whole time I was here.
Pros
Able to create your own culture
Cons
management, hours, company policy do not make business sense
very poor
Cricket Wireless (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 9, 2018
this place lacked communication and the management did not know to do their job and there was always issues with money and the customers always had problems with the store and location
Look somewhere else.
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 9, 2018
Sure the commission payout sounds like it's worth dealing the rude, over demanding, and unnecessary polices management creates, but it's not. The company is constantly creating policies that PREVENT you from getting paid. They write you up if you work overtime. They have surveillance 24/7 and they are constantly screen shooting you, then they will write you up. Their IT are people who are from Pakistan and the language barrier is very difficult to work with. The district manager is no help, and constantly belittles you. Go work for Verizon or ATT.
Cons
Short breaks, no health care, low pay
Poor upper upper management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2018
Our market was in need of work to get back where it was needed. We were bounced between markets and sales directors because "no one knew what to do with us". Thry continually hire and fire territory managers giving them only 2-3 months to FULLY turn around a struggling market. Their expectation of territory managers is unrealistic. And their managers they treat as glorified babysitters with no actual control or say of what happens in their store.
Cons
easy company to work for
Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 23, 2018
been with the company for 3 years ive learned so much working for this company. i really like the people ive met and trained. sam kahn is the owner of mobilelink and hes been there for me thew thick and thin thats why i have stayed at this company for so long
Cons
manager need to work more on communication with there employees
Worst Experience
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 22, 2018
Having worked for multiple wireless providers this was by the worst experience. The pay hourly pay wasn’t bad but commission was very poor. Management was by far the most unskilled and unprofessional I had worked for, I was required to work 50+ hours a week with no lunches, (though they took hours off of my pay for lunches I wasn’t permitted to take), I was also the only employee in my store and was told I wasn’t permitted to use the bathroom when working all day.
Pros
Cons
Horrible Management
Do Not recommened
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 21, 2018
I wouldn't recommend to work here. The commision pay out, is not what was expected when talked about in the interview prior to hiring me. The management wasn't really the best.. manager had to ask his employees how to work every single system.
Good if your life revolves around Cricket Wireless
Assistant Manager, Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 30, 2018
Even though they pay hourly/commission. They treat you as if you are working off of a salary wage, meaning that even on your days off or while you are off the clock they will expect you to work.
Pros
Hourly and commission
Cons
They expect you not to have a life outside of work and to be on call at all times.
Bad Company
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2018
They suck & there pay is so bad . they don't care about you all they care about is the company makes money and u making sells . they expect so much for so little pay .
Pros
Cons
everything
Worst company I have ever worked for.
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 28, 2018
Unorganized. They change policy without letting anyone know, and don't expect to get any days off you request. They only care about the job. There is no work/life balance. They nitpick every little thing. They make promises and don't live up to them. Big brother is always watching. Extremely difficult to achieve store sales goals, and if you even come close, they raise them even higher. Upper management uses threats and fear to push store management and employees. No real appreciation for the work you do. Managers are expected to work long days, often by themselves. I don't know how this company stays on business. They are extremely unprofessional.
Pros
I can't think of one.
Cons
Difficult to work for.
Just an awful place to work
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 14, 2018
Please do not work for these people... You will regret every minute starting from day one. How they remain in business as an authorized retailer is beyond me. Cricket either has no idea of the Mobilelink work culture, or they are just as bad as Mobilelink in how they do business. I have heard good things from other authorized retailers, but stay far away from Mobilelink, especially if you have any type of education, professional sales training or, common sense.
Pros
The day I quit.
Cons
A lot more than I have time to write on this forum.
Horrible
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 8, 2018
The WORST hands down and the DM for this district is a real kid. Not fit for this position at all. They work you overwork you then find a replacement for you
Pros
Bottle water
Don’t work here
District Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 5, 2018
This company is terrible to their employee and most of the time we spent days trying to get your employees paid. They have to values and do not know anything about how to treat their employees with respect. The turnover is unbelievable due to the issue that the company has.
Horrible work environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMay 1, 2018
Unreasonable work expectations - no work life balance - management not supportive - lies about ability to make money - rarely paid correctly and on time
No structure
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2018
It wasn't a good place to work and i just didn't like working their, especially after the way they treated my co-worker. She had been working their for a little over a year and displayed very excellent management skills. had even trained me better than the person they hired as Supervisor. To only pay her $8.00/Hr what can a single mother of 5 do with that.
Cons
little to no breaks
Your a "dollar sign" working to them, not a person. Lower than minimal effort to help employee's
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INApril 19, 2018
Upper management rotates so fast you either cannot get help, or they are unwilling to assist in many instances. Store was under staffed for 2 months, new associates continued to quit while learning the process. Expect RSM or managers to keep the store open at all times if other associates are not available and as well held accountable if you do not arrive on someone else's behalf. No care for employees as people with regular lives as well. They own your personal time. You will not be acknowledged for your efforts as management does not even know the stats for every store on their required huddle calls.
As a manager in customer service for over 5 years I would never reccomend this "MobileLink" company to any person with self respect for their job. Apply elsewhere you'll be happy you did!!!
Pros
Self Scheduling
Cons
No sitting, Overwhelming amount of responsibility, Low quality of leadership, Return policy, Respect for personal matters
Laid back and easy going enviorment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 18, 2018
My crew at mobile link made working there feel like I was at home, everyone developed friendships and worked as a team. I enjoyed my supervisor as well; everyone I made relationships there felt like family and we still keep in contact even today.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
short breaks and sometimes diffricult customers
You can do better
ASM (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIApril 17, 2018
Higher ups lie and mislead employees, very slow paced, absolutely No sitting as “big brother” is literally always watching you. At will workplace! Makes you solicit, use your own car and gas to go out and Flyer to other companies with no reimbursement whatsoever. Misleading “deals” can’t understand customer support when needed. Stressful job where no ones around long enough to fully be able to understand to help anybody. Don’t bother