Mobilelink Employee Reviews

horrible company
Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 9, 2018
I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone its horrible. They are very unorganized and unfair. Its very hard to make commission. The high up management are not involved at all but the will hassle you about every thin. also its like being in the big brother house they watch everything you do, and you have to get approval for everything which makes it hard to do your job.
do not recommend this company
sales rep (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXOctober 7, 2018
very stressful and management does not help, very horrible pay would not recommend that company for anyone who is trying to advance and trying to grow while working at that company
Worse i ever had
RETAIL STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2018
I have never worked for an organization more unorganized and dysfunctional. Every pay period half of the region would either not receive their check or a lot was missing. They would purposely leave over time hours off and then pay you regular pay on next check. out of the 14 store in the district in 1 yr we had ,2 sales VP's,3 different sales directors, 6 different Team leaders and each store on average had 2 different store managers within a 12 month period some 3 and None due to promotion.All due to terminations. The morale was just really bad. In my 1 yr i got zero paid vacation days and once i did come up for my 5 vacation days after 1 yr the next day they put in a 6 month vacation black out. Meaning i would have to work 18 months before ever getting a paid day off. I have never felt the need to talk about an employer in this manner but it was so bad that even without having a new job i decided to leave because it was just that bad.
Pros
The day i quit
Cons
The Culture was full of greed
Easily the worst company I’ve worked for.
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 24, 2018
The new district manager of the Albany market is a joke. Fires people for putting in their two weeks, tells people to work 12+ shifts without giving them a break, no pay raises, threatens your job if you don’t do what he says. It’s like.. A dictatorship rather than a company. They don’t care about their employees at all. All that they want is money in their pockets and not the satisfaction of both their employees or customers. Stay far away.
Cons
Lack of lunch breaks, overtime isn’t an option, stressful
Run, dont apply here
RETAIL STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  west virginiaSeptember 21, 2018
To many people are out for themselves. Dont care what lies they have to tell to get ahead or push someone out. It is a cut throat place to work. Huge turnover rate, because people are treat poorly by all management from the top down.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Stay away!!
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 15, 2018
So where should I begin. The company is good about pay but management is really poor. They will say how great you are and want to promote you then won't give it to you. The management is poor, they talk bad about associates and make you feel like you're inferior to them and they also like to undermine you and make you feel like you're a nobody. No paid time off unless you been with the company for a year. They threaten you with your job if you under perform which they should teach you how to be better. Associates talk bad about each other and gossip. Tell you things that the manager says then deny it to cover for themselves. This company is very shady. I wouldn't let no one work for this company. If you need a job that bad then apply but seriously work somewhere else as this company is very shady and disrespectful to the people who put in the work
Pros
None lol
Cons
Not the best place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 10, 2018
I've seen many comments about how the goals were to high to hit commission. I can absolutely say that is false. The goals are very easy to hit but the structure of the commission plan is very poor. The turnover at the dm,tm, and director level is very telling. Good people hired from the outside and quit when they see how poorly run this place is from the top.
Cons
Poor commission Structure
Mobilelink
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 10, 2018
Mobilelink pays great, very relaxed type of job. It can be competitive since its a commission based job. Management has always been bad. Complaints are not heard and you have to resolve issues on your own.
its chill ,a starter job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 7, 2018
Overall , its a chill place to work at, customers expect everything for cheap! management is horroible , if you dont make sales job will be on line & its a new TM EVERY YEAR, no raise ever , they lowered the pay. if your cool with manager you wont get all the closing shifts, also full time is 30 hours if that a week not 40. Good for people in school
Pros
chill time
Cons
benefits, hours
Productive but also a very laid back style of job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 2, 2018
My work day would begin at 8am counting and dropping off deposit. after that I would sit around and wait for customer to come in. Management did not exist I was basically put in charge of the store since I was the morning shift.
Pros
Free Wifi, music
Cons
healthcare, benefits, scheduling.
Productive and fun
Sales Representative/Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Graham, TXAugust 22, 2018
The managers are amazing as well as the TM they work well with your schedule and actually care for you as a person. It can be slow but there's always something to do regardless and the customers are 9/10 sweet as can be.
Pros
Cons
hours, pay and benefits
Experience
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 21, 2018
Cricket was a great place to work at. We got commission by hitting our quota with every phone sale, phone plan and accessories we sold. No benefits.
Pros
Commission, training
Cons
One day off, traveling, work holidays
Great job for college students
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2018
A typical work day consists of cleaning and working on customers, helping them fix there phones or purchase a phone. I learned how to speak Spanish much more effectively. Management really depends on who is hired, they can either be dysfunctional or very organized. The hardest part of the job would be learning systems and new promotions. The most enjoyable part is the employees and selling.
Pros
Hourly and commission
Cons
none so far
Do not work here!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2018
Pay is a joke upper management doesnt care about their employees and you will feel like a slave due to the amount of hours you work with no benefits. Please stay away.
Utter Chaos
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2018
To begin with, the Training is very inconsistent across the board. The mixed messages every day further confuse the store teams and Territory Managers. The constant battle to explain inventory variances, cash variances, late deposits, supply requests, maintenance requests.... Is unbelievable. It takes 5 times or more to explain anything to the corporate offices because of the language barrier. On top of that, the leadership changes like most people change a pair of socks. There seems to be no organization or communication processes in place in any department. Raises.. there are none... and they take away things like quarterly Territory Manger bonuses, with no apparent need to explain. Worst company to ever work for at any time. Run away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
na
Cons
all of the above
They set you up for failure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2018
The commission structure is a scam. Upper level management has a high turnover. This company has no consistency. They want you to hit your store goal but they don’t order phones. They play the scapegoat musical chairs game!
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Terrible management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 2, 2018
I’ll start with what I liked about working for this company: I loved working with my coworkers, the pay is decent, and the hours were not bad. There was a good balance between work and personal time. I enjoyed what I did despite nasty customers at times. Now what I hated was management . We got a new INCOMPETENT store manager that left without notice after the first month. And then they hired a brand new territory manager that also didn’t know what the heck he was doing because they didn’t hire him from within. I can’t even begin to talk about how poor the management is in this company. They hire just about anyone when they’re desperate which is always
Pros
Good workplace
Cons
We had good days but sometimes it would be do slow
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 24, 2018
Management was good at first but then we had so many trainees it made having a smooth sales day impossible. Really should of just promoted from within and not gotten a whole new staff. Was okay to work for, gave a lot of experience.
Hard to get anything done at the store level
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CTJuly 23, 2018
As an employee, even in a management position, you have no real access to anything. If you need to override a transaction, give a discount, waive a fee, first you have to send and email to someone overseas. After waiting forever for a response, then you have to team viewer the said individual so that they may manual enter their codes.
Also the company does not have their own HR department. It is outsourced as well.

Commission is paid out but the parameters in place make it hard to achieve. There is a base pay as well.
great experience
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 20, 2018
Enjoy working for mobilelink, like helping customers and interact with different people,i have learned many things since being with the company for so long and being store manager,had a great experience with this company
Pros
supplies on time
Cons
chairs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mobilelink. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7