MOD Pizza Employee Reviews

Its busy
Squad Member (Former Employee) –  Crossroads, WAAugust 17, 2018
Its generally a cool place to work but the customers take too much advantage of the fact that you can add whatever you want on the pizza for no cost. Because we sell such cheap pizzas made on the fly, it makes everyone want to come. so you're not getting your pizza as quickly as you'd hope unless you're coming in on a dead hour. Working there would be better if the you have a team that meshes well. Which is not always the case. So high speeds, high heat, and high volume isn't conducive to a cohesive work environment especially if everyone has too many problems with everyone else. Your work can suffer.

But that's mainly during rushes. Otherwise working there is a walk in the park.
Pros
Free food, bountiful resources, decent wage.
Cons
if you can't take the heat stay out the kitchen
Horrible workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2018
It's like a blackhole that sucks you dry and management is horrible and the whole company needs to be shut down for its constant slacking off cutting around corners dirty business and fake employees that don't know how to act like adults in the workplace
Pros
Free pizza to get fat on
Cons
Everything else about that business
fast-paced energetic environment
Shift Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 13, 2018
A typical day at MOD is spent in a cooperative, fast-paced work environment, focused on high-quality customer service. It is a very rewarding job if your willing to make the most of it.
Pros
free lunch per shift, flexible hours, cross training
Worst job I’ve ever had
Team member (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 13, 2018
The manager here is so ridiculous. The expectations are unreachable so they end up firing everyone they hire after a while. I would never recommend this job to anyone. Work at a different Mod if possible.
Pros
Free lunch on the job
Cons
Everything else
Good people and laid back.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXAugust 13, 2018
I wouldnt recommend this job to anyone unless they are just looking for a job to work around a strict schedule or just a temp job until they find better.
Pros
Free meal once a day.
Cons
Poor management and poor hours.
Great place to make your work home!
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAAugust 9, 2018
I love MOD. They will always love you back. Flexible schedule, awesome co-workers, amaizing food! This company gave me a job when no one else would. They even promoted me to Assistant General Manager
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fast paced and busy
Best Job hands down
Captain (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 9, 2018
At first, I came in thinking it was a regular old pizza place, but I quickly realized it was much bigger then that. My GM really cared for his squad, and worked around everyones schedule to best fit them. The goal of the company is to make their customers energetic and actully happy to come to work so they can give their 150% to the guest coming in through our doors everyday. They look to promote within not from outside. Within 3 months I was promoted to Shift Supervisor. No other previous job had offer just fast advancement, and the company just keeps growing!
Great environment for both workers and customers
Captain (Lead MG) (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHAugust 7, 2018
It's always a fun time in that place and the team does a great job at making it that way! Could always count on a great tasting pizza as well and who doesn't love pizza?!
Pros
Free Pizza
Cons
Dry hands from hot oven
No visible mission
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 6, 2018
Overall terrible management. Very willing to throw people under the bus and scapegoat them to continue their hiring of "second chance" and minority hires.
Productive and met a lot of nice co workers
Pinole Valley Rd CA 94564-Squad Member (Former Employee) –  Pinole, CAJuly 31, 2018
Not much to offer at Mod, the management was not useful either especially when help was needed on line, yet the co workers were able to teach me everything to know while working there
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management
The owners are awesome!!!!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2018
Upper management is garbage!!! Don’t waste your time one of the worst places you can work . They make nothing but false promises and you never get a day offf.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Everything else
A great work place but not so good hire ups
Captain (Former Employee) –  Woods Cross, UTJuly 26, 2018
I was employed at MOD pizza for about 4 months and I loved it there is was absolutely hands down the best job I have ever had the customers were great my GM was amazing my squad was the best and the environment is weird and fun where you may be yourself but the hire ups above the GM'S and not so understanding and ignore you with complaints and requests I was unfortunately fired from MOD pizza and I was a new captain for 3 weeks and still learning and I had come to the decision to close the store a little bit earlier because of our blueprint to make us the training store and how everyone told me it was so important and there was no other time to get this done leaving me the captain and my squad in charge if cleanliness 4 days to get this whole store ready and other stores had closed earlier so I thought it was okay to close earlier one lady gave me a bad review and so I lied about closing the store earlier because of this being my first management job and being scared to lose the job I lied until the next day then I told the truth and they still said I lied so the company does not believe it's workers after half of the bad review was made up because I did not speak with the said person on the review and despite me saying it there anything I may do to get my job back when it should have been a write up they say nope it's just one of those things on my first screw up as a captain and I tried to get my job back and HR ignored me after me emailing them and getting a time to call them I tried for 2 weeks to get my job back but all of the hire ups ignored me and the HR people don't  more... even answer the phone but other then that the pizzas amazing and the crew and He's are great too  less
Fast paced, easy job with decent starting pay
Training Manager/Captain (junior manager) (Former Employee) –  Fulshear, TXJuly 26, 2018
Good job for experience and cool atmosphere. Easier to work as a team member. Junior management gets treated poorly and senior management sweep major issues under the rug (at least at the store I worked at).
Pros
Free lunches, food, relaxed atmosphere, easy going
Cons
Favortism influences who gets the most and least amount of hours, racism, and sexism
Job review
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Woodhaven, MIJuly 24, 2018
Good job if u need something in a desperate time but far as building a career I wouldn't recommend it. Good for low rent appartment definitely not for someone with a house.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare
Fast paced, Family, and Delicious
crew member (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 23, 2018
Working at MOD Pizza was an awesome experience. There's a lot of opportunity to row within the company, there is a great family culture, and the pizza is pretty Delicious. One thing I loved most was the emphasis on being yourself and unleashing your personality, because it makes work that much more fun!
Pros
free pizza!
Cons
no vacation time for crew members
Mod love
Squad Member/ Captain (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 23, 2018
This company stands for so many things and i am honored to have worked here. I unfortunately just have more serious health issues than my wallet can help.. This was a great place to work at and i will miss the squad and captains dearly.. ill visit.<3
Pros
free meal everyday
great people and environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 20, 2018
A typical day would consist of working with happy, amazing people. The hardest part is learning the menu. The most enjoyable would be everyone yelling hello to new customers.
Pros
free pizza and nice people
Great job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kildeer, ILJuly 14, 2018
MOD was a great place to work for, great employees, a lot of room to move up in the business if you wanted to. Pay raises happened often, I got a 75 cent raises the 3rd day I was there! I left for a different job opportunity but if that didn't come up I would probably still be working there!
productivity
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJuly 13, 2018
This was a very fast and upbeat workplace. I learned alot about customer service as well as how to help customers and be a respectful employe also that everyone deserves a fair shot.
Pros
enrolling students in college
Cons
proper paperwork not brought
Good job Poor Management
Squad Member (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILJuly 13, 2018
Was a great job, multiple times i felt as though i was training new employees who began excelling in the company, became my managers and then were now telling me what to do. Felt low balled and under appreciated. Thats why i quit and decided the company plays favoritism.
Pros
Free meal per day you work
Cons
No Set Schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MOD Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight