MOD Pizza
65Average

MOD Pizza Employee Reviews

United States751 reviews
Featured review
MOD Pizza selected this as a representative review
So far out of all the experience I have had with fast food work, hands down Mod Pizza has been my favorite place to work for its relaxed and challenging. It was a place I could have came up with ideas for the store and I could test them out and not get ringed out if they didn't work out as planed i was just told to come up with another idea and it helped me to be a better person and I got to grow with the company.
Mod pizza was tha best job I’ve worked at. I’ve learned a lot about everything working with the people they hired and the places I’ve gotten to go. The people are great, the pizza is better and working with customers personally taught me a lot of customer service.
I enjoyed working at mod they paid very well and always got good tips. The environment was also very nice. Everyone was friendly and I feel like a got good experience working there
Loved the operation and culture of the company. Always about the people then the pizza. Always was finding a way to make an impact on the community. Learn a lot about work environment and how to ally it in outside life.
Mod is still fairly new company and is fostering a helpful, patiently fair, flexible almost family feel. They use the Beekeeper app (formerly Crew app) to socialize workers and streamline scheduling and information. The environment is exciting as it promises to grow into a great thing in the future.
Pros
Feel the Love!
Cons
A lot of talking about other people, negetive opinions.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
This was my first job, and honestly it was more trouble than it was worth. The pay was very nice, the job itself isn't too difficult, free meals are offered each shift, and the workers are usually quite friendly. My objective was to get a taste for customer service, as well as food service and similar jobs. I also wanted to start therapy and move into a safer living situation, and was hoping to get a job that would financially support that.

Unfortunately, management was extremely poor here, which often clashed with the upbeat and inclusive culture the company tries to nurture in all of its restaurants. Trust me—I love what the company is trying to do, and I think it's a beautiful message—but the execution is poor. I did not receive official training and was expected to train others, despite displaying a clear lack of confidence in my own skills. This completely clashed with my goal of wanting to learn customer service and food service skills. I often asked for help, but was told that I should've paid more attention in training (which I did not receive).

Due to my underdeveloped skill set, I was often given inconsistent hours, sometimes working 8 hours one week and 36 other weeks. This lead to a lot of financial issues at home, which in turn decimated my work ethic and ability to get therapy. I tried to be transparent with management on this, but that only resulted in being asked to keep my mental health problems at home—despite having full-on panic attacks that would interfere with my ability to work. This would be more understandable in most jobs, except the
 - more...
Pros
Free meals, decent pay, friendly environment
Cons
Inconsistent hours, poor management, no training
I left because of the people at my location. Very clique-ish. They claim to be LGBT friendly but I directly experienced discrimination due to my gender.
Pros
Pays ok for food service. Good music while at work. Job itself is not difficult at all.
Cons
You will be given fewer hours if you're not popular with your coworkers, The laid back atmosphere allowed discrimination and unprofessionalism to run rampant, Food safety standards not followed, You will frequently burn yourself on the dough press
We are not a neighborhood company. We are corporate. We do fund raising, but so does every other restaurant. We like to say we pay a living wage, but we don't.
Pros
Pretend liberalism
Cons
Conservatives. You have to work hard to progress!
Mod is a great place to work for espicially if your a collage student or getting your life together. The crew members are always inclusive and will treat you like family no matter who you are as long as your willing to work. The managers are alright, sometimes they are lazy and dont do all of their job but they are good people at the end of the day.
It a great job for those who still in highschool or college. And it would
Help you update your resume.

Just be yourself you don’t have to be afraid to open up a bit.
Pros
Free food and drinks
MOD Pizza was one of the most relaxed and welcoming job experiences i have ever had the luck of being involved in.They highly indulge in employee comfort and being yourself
Pros
Great freindly environment
Cons
Low hours
Since I’ve been working at MOD I have been enjoying my time there with the employees , managers, and customers. They treat everyone like family and I love it . Also it nice pay.
They treated me like all the other employees and they made an effort to try and get to know me. I felt welcome and it made my first couple days a lot easier and less stressful and awkward.
Pros
Free Lunches and Drinks
Cons
I loved working here at first but ultimately decided to leave because the way the coworkers treated me. They talked about me behind my back and the co captain hated me for almost NO APPARENT REASON. The tasks were ok, As well as the pay. But sometimes it gets very easy to feel unappreciated. I had to leave work for an injury I had and was called a very nasty name. Not going to say by who, But it was completely unacceptable. What's even worse is I told about my health problems/disabilities BEFORE I was hired. If you can get over how you may be treated then by all means, Take the job. Of course everyone may not have the same experience I had, And there are some coworkers that are absolutely amazing, But over all it's very sad I had to go because I really liked what the company stood for.
The company at first was great to me, my gm and I got along fine, had no problems with any of my coworkers or customers, methods were very self explanatory and easy to pick up, I loved my job during the first 3 months. Then cooperate decided to fire my gm all because he tried to make our lives easier. It all went downhill when our store manager put in a new gm.
Of course, any job is going to differ in employee and management but honestly this is the most fun job I’ve ever had. Even the rushes are not that bad if you have a good team. There are some aspects of the job I don’t like but they’re far outweighed by the positive
Most management in stores are only looking out for themselves. They don't take things seriously until corporate comes down on them. They don't care about us. They only care about money. Corporate employees are amazing and the CEO and CPO are wonderful, giving people. In store Ops have lost the true purpose of the company.
Overall a positive experience I feel they have a tendency to spread their advanced gms a bit thin when you do well you get more work but not necessarily more pay or better roles
Very fun. Good people. Good message. Very accepting and casual. My all time favorite job. Although, it does get VERY busy sometimes. Be ready for stressful situations.
Clock in, you press dough, make them down an assembly line, cook them, and serve. Making sure the customer is satisfied with their toppings and asking them if they would like a finishing sauce.
the management team could use some work, there was a lot of favortism and no real promises you will ever move up. i dont know what else you want me to put ive put my answer
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MOD Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at MOD Pizza.