MODERN INDUSTRIES INC Employee Reviews

Very poor working environment and paid there employees a low wage.
CNC Machinist / Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 7, 2018
Working at Modern Industries was a family owned business in which the sons took over the business and basically ran into the ground while filling there pockets off the backs of there employees.
A good job
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 6, 2018
Modern Industries provided a safe, quick-paced workplace. There was plenty of opportunity to grow within the company. The most enjoyable part of my job at Modern Industries was shipping and receiving.
Management seems to have no prior training
Hand Finisher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 28, 2018
All the departments have very poor management, 2nd shift is the worst, handfinish department is the worst. I have never met a supervisor that disrespectful and miserable.
Pros
pay and overtime
Cons
management
Hot and stressful place to work..
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 27, 2018
Modern is a stepping stone to a better job. Long hrs in extremely hot conditions for low wages. All equipment is old and beat up but you are expected to put out as much work as u can no matter what..
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
Its a job.
Not a bad place to work
Plant 1 Welding Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 17, 2018
Can be very busy at times with a lot of overtime, They are a automotive seating supplier. They had 3 shifts running back in the day. Not sure if they do now.
Excellent Company
1st Article Inspector / CMM Programmer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 10, 2018
Been here for 10+ years, and have nothing but best to say about it!
Great atmosphere, great teams, great people, great management, clean environment ... on a scale of 1 thru 10, I'd give 15 :)
It is a place to start a manufacturing career, not a place to stay.
CNC Machinist Class B (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 9, 2018
One of the first shops for me, when trying to build a machining skill set. I learned a lot, while I was there. But, I grew tired of babysitting those who were less motivated and fixing others' mistakes. I stayed longer than a lot of people, but when I began to see those with less skill, knowledge, and motivation leave and find bigger paychecks, that was enough for me. I liked the work, and even several of the people, but I couldn't abide the way it was managed and the lack of effort to invest in the equipment, facilities, and workforce.
Pros
It is a good place to learn.
Cons
Pay is very low, poor benefits, inadequate opportunities for advancement
Offer work
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2018
everybody has the every day task explained an performance should n,t be problem for any day. people are very cooperative each other and can b able to ask question any time.
Customer Service Manager is Very Unprofessional
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 20, 2018
The vets that have been there for a long time do not support you and or cross train. Reason being is Modern has a huge reduction in pay across the board. They are resentful of this and fear if they train lower paid employees they will be replaced. The customer service manager is very unprofessional and speaks of others in a negative manner. She creates a hostile work environment and its surprising she is still employed.
its a big famliy
Brush Plating Operator (Former Employee) –  4755 E beautiful Ln Phoenix,AZMarch 8, 2018
open floor if you are willing to learn the opportunities are endless. its a fast paste environment. if you want to improve on your work they will provide the resources for you to do so.
unsafe
Furnace Technician (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 6, 2018
it was really unsafe and they never tried to fix anything. they demanded 12 hours steady work from you while it was destroying my back every day.I dont know why someone would work here when even walmart will pay you more for easy work.
Pros
the guys you work with are cool
Cons
two 15mins brakes for 12 hour shifts
Hi-Tech Environment
CNC and Manual Machinist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 5, 2018
Modern Industries is one of the best jobs I have had in the past 30 years. The people are extremely intelligent and helpful and I learned a lot there. The equipment at this company is the latest. I would highly recommend Modern Industries to anyone who wishes to work in aerospace or semiconductor manufacturing.
Pros
Learning and support
average
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 31, 2018
long hours, hard work. good people mostly good management. dirty work environment, very hot in the summer time. good place to build muscles. and lose weight.
Casual work environment for growing company
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2018
Company offers good benefits within a casual work environment. Due to rapid company growth, management can lose touch with daily departmental or employee issues.
Pros
Company Owner
Cons
keeping up with company growth
Fast pace but good people willing to help each other
Deburr Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 13, 2018
A great place to work if you are self efficient and are capable of reading B/P and MOTs relaxed environment but supervisor are knot helpful some of of them are not capable of training handfinishers. What so ever.
Pros
Relaxed environment nobody looking over your shoulders
Cons
Supervisor have no clue how to train new employee.
A good place to work overall
Handfinisher (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2018
This is a company where you work and don’t find any exits for advancements or ascend within the company to grow. The company doesn’t get involved with employees any longer.
Pros
You get 2 lunch breaks
Cons
Healthcare
Great company to work for
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 29, 2017
This company is family orientated, benefits are good and the work is technical, Great environment, new machines, the latest of technology, and a good opportunity to advance. This company has a good starting wage
Pros
Innovative work area and good wages
Cons
loss of job contracts made work unstable
Great place to wok
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2017
This is a family owned business and the CEO is fantastic. The people are fun. And we have a catered Holiday dinner every year. I do look forward to coming in daily. There is always so much to learn
Pros
Very easy going coworkers
Cons
Only a small raise every 2 years...
Account Management
My role as Account Manager is (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 27, 2017
Working for a family owned company was a new experience for me. It is managed and handled very differently than a typical company. I learned a great deal while employed by Modern.
Not a job for someone who likes for there hard work to appreciated.
Packing and Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 17, 2017
Manager is disrespectful and treats his employees horribly. Lead was very lazy and always left work to handle persona; business without having to explain why or anything.
Pros
getting off work.
Cons
manager in shipping/receiving isn't a very smart individual.