Moderna

Working at Moderna: 43 Reviews

United States43 reviews

freelearnenvironmentcompanyplacegreatmanagementpeople

Good people

The work environment has a lot of good people and always gives worlds of encouragement but lacks job security as the company is fast growing. However

Poor HR

Don't expect things to get done. Long wait time for anyone to respond and if they do respond to you it is to call someone else in another state or time zone.

Moderna insights

• Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Horrible

Horrible place to work. Would never recommend. You have to be a be drinking friends with the supervisor to get ahead. They gang up on you for having a legitimate opinion.

Best job I've ever had thus far

I really enjoyed my time at Moderna. If not for personal issues, I would have remained there. The culture is better than at some biotechs in that they are a bit younger and seem genuinely happy to be there.

Pros

Free lunch, healthcare/dental/pay/job growth potential

Cons

It is still a very young company with some growing pains.

What is the best part of working at Moderna?Company culture and benefitsWhat is the most stressful part about working at Moderna?Unstable hours depending on the department you are working inWhat is the work environment and culture like at Moderna Therapeutics, Inc?Great work environments and culture. They provide company cell phone and lunches. What is a typical day like for you at Moderna?Busy and fast-paced

Managers Are Horrible

If you are a woman of color. Forget about it. You are told that inclusion and diversity are top priority, but that is not true. You will be overly scrutinized and if you make any mistake no matter how minor you will be put under the microscope and termination is imminent. Directors and associate directors are not line managers and they suck at the task. They have no clue how to guide people. If you want a life this is not the place. they expect everyone to work 12 plus hours days no matter your role and if you don't you will be canned.

Pros

Great benefits package

Cons

Directors and associate directors are terrible leaders

High Energy Workplace

It’s a good place to work if you’re looking for good pay and learning experiences. Management is a bit in over their heads as the company very rapidly scaled up to produce the COVID vaccine. You learn a lot and the people are great, it’s just an insanely high stress environment at the moment and resources are spread thin.

Pros

Free Lunch, Pays Well

Cons

High Stress

Mould Injection Operator

I worked at Moderna in 2019 through "Opsource" temp agency, I was there for onlyba coupleof months, but unfortunately, I was hit with some medical issues which I had to attend to, which in affect cut my tenure short there. I really enjoyed working at Moderna, working as a team, but most of all I miss my job as Machine Operator. Managment was great, just do your job and everything is fine. I felt I had a god report with my team, managment and felt if I did have a problem I could easily navigate the proper channels to a positive resolution. The climate is Hot in the summer and colder in the winter, if I had the opportunity to return, now that my health is better, Id be back to work tonight. I really loved my job.

Good company but not ready to be so big

Because of the COVID, moderna has been growing so fast. To be honest, I felt like the upper management still fall behind. Maybe they still need time to catch up. Except for that, it is almost perfect.

Pros

on site lunch

Incredible mission & grueling pace

Moderna is smack dab in the middle of the the Covid-19 fight, and it is hard and rewarding work. It has been very exciting getting to be on the front lines of the covid vaccine race, but it is not for everyone. You need to have a very strong internal sense of what you need for work/life balance and really prioritize it, as everyone is overwhelmed.

Overall great company to work for

Generally speaking a good company to work for, great co-workers, moderate Pace, ...no real complaints.Flexible schedule and good pay. Supervisors are top notch and willing to help out when needed.

Pros

Environmentally friendly

Cons

Short breaks

Productively and Team oriental

the company is very aligned with results-oriented in your performance-based on the load of the Validations in the pipeline and the Periodic Review in Backload. The Management is very friendly and helpful in the team's performance.

Pros

orientation for quality's and documentation GMP

Cons

To much working on the documentation details

This is a great place to learn and grow

This is a relatively young company, full of all spectrums of professionals. During these trying times everything is changing and everyone is rolling with the punches. Everyone is in an eternal transition state which allows for great lessons to be learned.

Pros

Free water, coffee, sodas, snacks

Cons

Surrounding areas are terribly expensive

Scientifically energizing very fast pace

In my experience it is a very fast pace company that is slowing down with years as more stability is coming and the scientific data is more rewarding. Its more bureaucratic work environment now with more emphasis on how we do the work than what work is done which is painful if its out of proportion.

Free Lunch for all, great benefits, young culture

It was a great opportunity. I am grateful for my time there. It can be a unstable place though as a contractor. I did all that I was supposed to and still was let go due to budgets as in my contract was shortened by 4 months with no notice really. I also do not feel it was really a lot there for me in particular to learn. They do promote often and create positions for people to be promoted too but without added responsibilities. I don't know, It was weird.

Best Company Ever

I had the honor of working for Moderna when they started up and it is an amazing company. So much is offered to employees and the environment is outstanding.

Wonderful place to work

Excellent work environment. Enjoyed working for Moderna with the wonderful daily experiences. Would definitely recommend seeking employment opportunities with a progressive and visionary company.

Pays well, but you're going to have to give up your life for it

Moderna has good pay, benefits, and has great learning opportunities. Once you have enough experience, get out. Moderna leadership is very incompetent. Lack of planning is appalling. Everything is last minute. Terrible work life balance. Management likes to protect their favorite suck-ups, even though they are a cancer to the whole company. Old boy network.

Pros

Free lunch, excellent benefits, great learning opportunity

Cons

Stress, work life balance, incompetent leadership, cancerous coworkers

high dynamics and exciting place to work

culture is good everyone is relatively motivated by such new modality. very flexible with job rotation and my manager is super nice and knowledgable. High level management is accessible.

Pros

free lunch, good culture, great talents

Cons

unstable

productive workplace

A typical day at work is very hands-on, 9-5, and flexible. I learned laboratory techniques and the research methods. Management depends. The workplace culture is inviting.

Awesome

Great environment for anyone just starting in biopharma. Awesome perks, free lunch, free parking, public transport incentive. Company has great community support programs and is invested in developing community ties.

Common questions about Moderna

Answered by current and former employees at Moderna

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moderna. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
4.8Career Opportunities
4.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Moderna with

Learn about Moderna in popular locations

• Moderna