Modis Employee Reviews

Productive and relax
GIS Technician I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2018
Comfortable and friendly environment. Supervisors allow to be independent in work. Typical day is spent entering and checking information in GIS. I learned how to use the GIS program.
IT/Engineering Consulting Firm
LEAD SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 28, 2018
Good management, fair wage & ample opportunity to learn new skills. Working for Modis was an excellent opportunity for me at that time in my career and am grateful for the experience.
Pros
Cons
n/a
Trash
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 19, 2018
Stay away from Modis .........unless you need a lot of cash for a short period of time.....terrible everything except the paid .......................
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not for long term employment
Worthy of Applause
Windows Server Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 19, 2018
Any new venture needs to be handled the way Modis did with me. The company assured a delicate transition into the client with an unremarkable prowess. The account managers are svelte and know their stuff. They also empathize with you. Highly recommended by this writer.
Contractor
Application Support Specialist; Contract (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 16, 2018
Currently working as a contract employee. Had a difficult time starting due to my paperwork not being handled correctly. Once I started working for the employer everything was good to go. Had some delays getting responses back from my recruiter.
Not much communication
FACILITIES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Mather, CANovember 15, 2018
Modis does not reach out to support its clients like other agencies do. If you need/want support, you have to reach out and be very specific as to what your needs are.
Pros
No more unemployment
Cons
Employment is short lived
Attrition Rate is high
IT Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2018
Modis has an OK training program and a good life balance but is severely lacking in competitive pay and the attrition rate has been very concerning. The culture seems to be at an all time low and I would really like to see them promote more selfless leaders rather than those who are only concerned with "#1". While it may be a great place to get your foot in the door, career development is not clear and there isn't much room for moving up it seems.
Good entry level pay
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 10, 2018
Work day consist of customer ticket resolution via Windows remote desktop/ assist, with break/fix. Management was not associated with Modis. Work place culture withing the Modis employees was acceptable.
Productive and a great workplace environment
Data Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner ScNovember 2, 2018
Modis provided a great location for me to work. The atmosphere was productive and easy flowing. Provided me with great cultural skills and business development.
Pros
Free lunches, affordable healthcare, flexible work schedules
Fast paced lively workplace
IT Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 30, 2018
MODIS allows for growth and is committed to your personal fulfillment in your areas of expertise. MODIS works alongside you to nurture growth and development wherever you are placed. MODIS is a staffing company and attempts to place you with the best fit for success. The fast-paced work environment is not for everyone, but the people make the race enjoyable and welcoming.
New Directions is a good place to work and fast pace.
Contractor at New Directions (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 28, 2018
I enjoyed my work, was very challenging and had great work opportunities. Flexible work schedule, great learning opportunities, and have a great Team environment.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
OnCall 24/7
Fun workplace
Technical Support Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 28, 2018
Modis - A good company to work for they find contractors a position in the workforce and place them with a company that matches the individuals skill sets to hopefully get hired on as an employee with that company.
Too subservient to employing company
Remarketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 28, 2018
Modis ensures that, once put into a position or on a certain team, you have very little opportunity for transfer or advancement. This includes not informing employees of openings in other departments, limited availability of HR reps, and accusations without providing proof.
Pros
Regular pay, job security
Cons
Poor communication from HR
Great Place to Work
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 22, 2018
I work in the operations department with a wonderful team. I have resources to ask for help when necessary. Benefits are very good. Culture is nice. Laid back unless a large project is under way. Lots of opportunity to learn and grow. Overall great place to work.
Working For Modis
Moving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOOctober 15, 2018
I was on asix month contract that ended early. When I was in training they were already talking about making cuts. It was a safe work environment despite the short-term work life. My recruiter is so awesome.
Can provide a good job.
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 11, 2018
Modis is a staffing company. I was contracted to another company, in which i received free parking, a quiet place to work, interaction with great people, and a chance to grow in skills. I had to pay for it, but had decent medical benefits.
Very good company, just need to change a few things
Workers Compensation Claims Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 10, 2018
This company will work with you and is very flexible. This company is good for someone with little to no experience coming out of college or looking to expand their job experience on your resume.
good employer to work
Manufacturing engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 3, 2018
workplace culture is good when working at modis. There are no training provided to the employs even when newly employed. Hardest part of the job is once you are done with your assignment they will never try to find an new assignment.
Terrible
IT Software Contract Asset Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 17, 2018
No benefits, PTO is impossible to acquire, no communication, rude, no follow-up to help you find another contracting job. I will not work as a consultant for them again.
Pros
Hourly pay is decent
Cons
No benefits
Great contracting firm
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2018
I worked as a subcontractor through Modis. It was a great company to work for. They provide excellent benefits for their workers and PTO. They were very easy to communicate with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Modis. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight