ModSquad
70Above average

ModSquad Employee Reviews

United States69 reviews
Fully remote can choose your own schedule
Fully remote can choose your own schedule, however pay is very low and for contractors, there are no benefits. Low chance for advancement, and from time to time, projects change expectations causing contractors to work harder for no more pay.
Pros
Fully remote, schedule flexibility
Cons
Low pay, not much room for advancement
Challenging, flexible and never boring!
Every day is new and exciting which keeps me interested. Work with great people who are passionate about what they do and strive their best to provide the highest level of quality service possible. Work hard, play hard! Weekly live-stream trivia events, annual charitable fund-raising event for Extra Life (heavily promoted and supported by Exec Mgmt); charitable matching gift program, unlimited time off policy, strong benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life), EAP, matching 401k, flexible schedules, remote work, and some pretty awesome people!
Great Support
After initial training the next level support was great. The nicest lady helped me through the 1st week. If you follow directions, LISTEN and READ you will have no problems. It is the not so attentive people that have problems. You have to be willing to work!
You're needed....until they pull the rug out from underneath you
18 months of steadfast work, with metrics met, and willingness to work on projects where you are systemically abused by their beloved customers....no expertise that YOU can offer them is enough when they decide they no longer need you. Kings and Queens of covering their backside, even when their separation of an employee's contract is in the gray area of legality, but I'd expect nothing less from a company run by attorneys.
Cool place
Great job and company. I was on agrwat project. Had great supervisors. I was offered to work another project but had to decline to provide take care of my son. But would love to work there again.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
A lot of flexibility and good work environment but pay can be low depending on project. Take advantage of training because you will need all of the information to succeed.
I didn't learn much
This company only have a short period for orientation, you really don't what you need to in that time period. After the two days of Orientation, basically you own your own.
I love working for a company that puts me first
This company is great I get to love what I do and get paid for it. The workand life balance is great. The company has tons of events to make you feel apart of the family
Great company to work for.
The work environment is what you make it at Mod Squad. If you are a people person then you would be excited about the personable workplace culture that makes performing job tasks smoothly. Also, the support system is worker-friendly and affords cooperative flexibility for scheduling and overtime. The most enjoyable part of working at Mod Squad is the social interaction with managers who understand the job and are willing to help you acclimate without stressing.
Wfm
ModSquad is one of many work from home jobs I’ve worked for. They have guaranteed pay per hour which is a plus. There’s always work available and I’ve seen opportunities to grow.
Productive and fun workplace
This company is an excellent work from home business to work for. they recognize your work/life balance and work with you to accommodate your schedule.
Diverse
So many different skill sets are available. Various projects you can work on. There are incentives available. You get to meet a lot if diverse people.
Pros
Get to work with Different projects
Cons
Not enough training
Contract work and low pay
Contract work. Low pay and poor management. This is a contract job and the pay is low but the workload is high. The only benefit is that it is a work from home position.
Not that great but flexible nest egg to have
Super flexible because you'll never get any hours.

Training is below subpar. You get maybe 2-4 hours of reading over a few Google docs and maybe watch a few 5-10 minute videos.

They tell you that a project will have hours between a certain time--e.g. 10 am - 6 pm--and then once you're on that project and "trained" and you go to look at the shifts available literally all of the shifts were outside of what they had told me. Why would I apply to a job that doesn't fit the hours I am available to work/was TOLD that I could work.

$10/hr or the UK equivalent is unacceptable as a contractor. I still have to pay taxes, health insurance. It needs to be way more.

With any other remote, work from home job there are many applications to have open and along with clocking into Kronos you have to submit your hours as well. I've worked for other wah companies and me keeping up with my hours seems redundant when we have software to clock in and out with.

The only positive is the 2-hour shifts.
Pros
Remote, work from home
Cons
lack of hours
Great work/life balance
I enjoyed working from home on this contracted position, it was great while i was attending school, because it gave me the freedom to choose my own hours.
Poor and dangerous job
Very unsafe job.can not keep employees. Poor management. Tools are dangerous. No proper work equipment. Never get time with family. No drive time that is mostly 10 hour drive
Good Entry Level Job
An overall good place to work, but the pay is definitely low compared to other companies and your cost of living (depending on where you're located). On average, you'll make about $18k a year working full-time hours. Even when you work a lot of hours in a month (ex. 200+), your take-home pay will be around $2k for that month as there's no overtime pay. Contractors can work up to 60 hours a week while employees are capped at 40hrs a week.

Your rates generally stay the same though regardless of if you're a contractor or not. If you have a family to take care of, it beats paying for childcare and commuting to work. If this is your only job, plan your living situation accordingly. I've seen so many people from regular workers to management have to work multiple jobs (2 or even 3) to live although they work MSQ full-time.

I do wish that we were paid more as it would make financial situations a bit better and people more happy to stick with this as their primary job, but it gets your foot in the door if you've never worked from home before (that's if you choose to work remotely as we do have several of offices to work at if you're in those areas).

I love the management teams and the people I work with so it's a great company to always be apart of.
This company is a complete joke!!!! DO NOT WATE YOUR TIME!
From the recruiters and "management" to the project managers...Its a horrible company! You can literally beg for someone to help you or answer a simple question and they all ignore you. They have no clue what the word communication means! After asking the same simple question literally 20 times, I was told to limit my communication and never got an answer!! This company will be your worst nightmare by far! I honestly wonder if they are legit!!!! Horribly unprofessional!! 5 In my group of contractors recently hired quit within the first week!! They need to be shut down! 1 STAR IS BEING WAY TO KIND...THEY DESERVE A MINUS 10
Keep your head down
You can and will get fired at the drop of a dime
Management does not listen to the employees

Issues are never discussed

Some poor management

Lack of communication
Pros
Work from homw
Cons
Bad leadership
Skip this company if you respect yourself
This is a company you would only want to work with if you have a partner who is the primary breadwinner and you are just looking for a little extra cash. Do not try to make a career out of this company unless you personally know someone at the very top of the food chain. If you respect yourself, your time, and your sanity, look elsewhere. You will be overworked, undervalued, under-appreciated and you will receive zero benefits.

If you do work for this company, do not try to move up within the company without having a backup company when you get fired. The most enjoyable part of this job is that you can work from home. The hardest part of this job is that there is basically no training for any project, managers play favorites if you don't know the inner circle you will not get any further. You do not have benefits of any sort. The workplace culture is laid back. Management needs to be overhauled and NON-inner circle friends need to be hired. I learned that I deserved way more than this company could ever provide, and I found that after this company.
Scammers and deceivers
All of it that people say here is true, They really just put You in a basket of other moderators and there is not enough work for everyone and They do not let you schedule your own and They do promise You that. There are people who are close to management who get the hours and everybody else gets the leftovers. the training is short and generic. basically They are just a chinese manufacturing company disguised as silicon valley tech friendly company.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ModSquad. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5
2.4
Ratings from women
2.3
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight