ModSquad

ModSquad Employee Reviews

United States128 reviews

projectremotecontractorflexibilitychooselowscheduleavail

Good people, bad organisation

It's a good place to work as long as it comes to your coworkers and help from the older Representatives. The management is okay, as long as you meet their requirements. The hours are flexible, but you need to work hard to be get a good schedule, I.e. if one month you don't meet the CSAT, you may be left with late hours or even no hours at all. Little break time, often rude customers (ofc it is a standard) but still everything is your fault in the end.

Contractors or slaves?

They pay you the absolute minimum and expect you to work 60 hours a week to be able to live. There is no moving up into a W2 role quickly. I’ve been with the company for over 2 years and never had any issues with my QA or attendance. Managers are overworked, as well. The clients expect you to bend over backwards and cater to their every whim for $11 an hour.Currently looking for something else as it’s obvious I’m not going anywhere with this company.

ModSquad insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Don’t bother.

Training is usually 30min-1hour video followed by 3-4 HOURS of reading through a workflow. No modules, no practice, just reading and a short video. Then you’re thrown to the wolves and expected to know what to do. If you feel uncomfortable on a project and leave before the end of your “contract”, you’re basically reprimanded and good luck ever getting another project. Company is a joke and a waste of time.

Pros

Flexible schedule (kind of), cool people, work from home

Cons

Unorganized, lack of training, low pay

Horrible Interview Process

I was told that I had the job and would begin training soon. Never heard back from anyone ever again. The interview was pretty much just them explaining training and bragging about the company. It seems that people are either already lined up for positions and they don't say anything or they're very unorganized.

No micromanaging

It is a good place to work if ypu are looking for a great work balance life style. I have been working here for about 6 months do far everything has been pretty easy once you get the hang of the call flows everything is a brisa.

Good work life balance

One of the best WFH companies for LATAM. You get to schedule your hours on a monthly basis, the pay is always early and it's a very friendly work environment

Great Contract Job

I love working from home, making my own schedule and scheduling in two hour shifts groups. I learned how to use a number of CMS applications and I only did live chats and tickets.

Pros

Flexible!

Cons

Contract job means less hours after the holiday season.

Bare bones contracting

For a company called ModSquad, they don't have many moderating jobs. The couple I saw for games were impossible to get as they usually already have people lined up for the positions or you need a recently upgraded computer to work the job. Most of the work is customer service which feels like MSQ is a third party provider for fodder jobs. You could make $15/hr as a call center agent but you get $8/hr for the same job at MSQ.As a contractor you get no benefits, no taxes taken out of your checks, and no paid time off or anything like that. You schedule your shifts when you want them, which is nice, but you can get denied projects if you won't work at certain hours/days. You can work multiple projects at once but they can not overlap in shifts. You can work up to 12 hrs per day, 60 hrs per week. There is no overtime pay as a contractor.If you're lucky you can get a lead position but it's still a contractor position, so same deal. It feels like many projects become micro managed and thus intolerable. Some managers expect you to be putting out 100% work effort for your dirt pay, which I don't agree with. Some projects are laid back with cool people; I made a couple friends but nothing that would necessarily advance my career or anything. Goodying up to management can get you brownie points.I've worked for some projects related to gaming but it's usually user reports done on a browser client. Ban/suspend people for their actions. That's about it. Depending on the project, the quota can be really high per hour. Again, for only $8-$9/hr it really wasn't worth it.Your shifts -

Pros

Work at home

Cons

Bad pay, takes too many hours to get a decent check, do your own taxes (effectively making less than min. wage)

Flexible and Comfortable Environment with Opportunities for Advancement

I began as a mod (independently contracted) and was bumped up to a lead position at a bit over a year. Seeing as this is my first WFH gig, I don't have a lot to compare it to so I may be a bit biased, but this has been an incredible experience thus far. Obviously taxes are kind of horrendous as an independent contractor and you don't get any benefits, but if you show initiative and drive there is definitely plenty of room for growth within the company. Once you are bumped up to a lead/mgmt position, you do have the opportunity to receive benefits. I really appreciate the culture of ModSquad - I have never felt like I can't be myself. Interviews are voice-only which is absolutely wonderful and makes me feel like they really care about the quality of your character rather than what you look like. My teammates are super diverse and management is always responsive and friendly.

Flexible Schedule

I work here as a supplement to my normal job. I like the self scheduling flexibility. You can work mornings, days, nights or overnights. You can work more than one project. The pay could be better. Most of my managers have been easy to work with and offer a good deal of support when you have questions. Not all projects are permanent so be prepared to apply for other projects. Have had no problem finding a new project.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

Low Pay

I have nothing to say about this company

Lack of training made the job very hard to do. The training was module based and self study with no sense of direction. Pay was lower than an average call center.

Great remote company

You are a independent contractor. You can work as many projects as you can handle as long as you can handle the required hours. There are several projects available

Pros

Pick your own schedule

Cons

It is a wonderful flexible gig that you can do with minimal investment into equipment.

I loved working for Modsquad. They were kind and caring. They worked with me especially when I experienced homelessness they still allowed me to work and found different projects that I would be well suited for. I would still be there today if I was not driving for a living. Shoot I might just check in with them now to see if they have anything that I can be useful doing. This was a fun learning experience as well.

They are real people with real lives!

I have been with this company for over a year. They have been with me through some crazy things. They are so supportive and always willing to help. They have great resources and help when you need a question ansse

Pros

Family environment and supportive

The flexibility is amazing

I enjoy working for this company. Once your foot is in the door they have other opportunities you can apply for. They have alot of non phone projects as well.

Pros

Flexibility

Provides flexibility

You have the ability to work as many projects as you’d like and overall, it is a good company if you have a busy schedule but the pay isn’t the greatest

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

The pay is terrible

A Vile and Cruel Company

I have had the pleasure of working on six different "projects" here at ModSquad. A project is what your client is referred to, I know it's weird. ModSquad does an amazing job of using quirky terms to cover up what something actually is, you get used to it. Once you are onboarded to a PROJECT you are either given training by a manager or they give you the PROJECT'S resource site and let you go over it yourself. You are told during orientation that you get to pick your own hours which sounds great but what they do not tell you is they have limited amount of hours provided to you and you are separated into groups based on your performance. So if you're a new person you can start in the middle group which picks hours second. If you are lucky you can get a good 40 hours but some months you can barely hit 20. Every scheduling day once a month is stressful because you are fighting over hours with your colleagues. You don't want to work at 12AM? Too bad. I have jumped around on projects and found some with people I actually enjoy that make work fun and also where the pay isn't in the single digits. It can take a while to find these but they are worth it if you really need money and need to WFH. The absolute nastiest thing about ModSquad is how everything is under NDA. So if you want to leave the company and talk to a new employer about who you worked for or what you did at ModSquad LEGALLY you cannot do so and could potentially face going to court. All of the work essentially that you are doing is going to go unnoticed due to this, they do not care about at the end of the day and you -

Pros

flexible hours, get to do nothing and make money

Cons

you are fighting for your life once a month to get hours, all of the work you are putting in will result in nothing on your resume for future employers

Flexible BUT Unprofessional

This company offers flexible opportunities, which is great. However, the pay and level of professionalism is LOW and UNACCEPTABLE, respectively. I thought maybe the other reviewers had just had a bad experience, but the clique/micromanaging attitudes other individuals have mentioned are TRUE. Also, they do not communicate honestly and utilize bait-and-switch communication styles often. I would NOT RECOMMEND. They do not respect people individually, or their time.

Pros

Flexible Scheduling

Cons

Unprofessional, Unacceptable Communication Tactics

Work Life Balance is great!

I had several projects to choose from throughout my employment. Supervisors and other upper management were readily available when needed and easy to contact via Skype. Pay rate was okay at the time. The benefits were good once hired as an employee. I really enjoyed working for the company and their clients.

Pros

Work from home, good pay at the time, good benefits after hired as an employee, good management, and plenty of projects to choose from.

Cons

A little higher pay at the time, but it wasn't bad, benefits were good but a bit pricey.

Flexible Scheduled

Good supplemental work at home job. Pay is on the lower end. May be assigned to work Chats, Phones, Tickets or Emails. Most of the Managers are nice and will try to work with you.

Pros

Flexible Schedules - Work From Home

Cons

Only paid once a month - Low Pay

Fun Place to Work-Flexible Scheduling

I liked working here and was sad to hear about my contract ending. However, they did offer other opportunities to choose from and provided ample time to schedule interviews with other departments, before the contract concluded.

Pros

Flexible Scheduling; non-phone work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ModSquad. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight