Modsy

United States3 reviews

1.9Pay & Benefits

designdesignerremotehourroomchangetrainmonth

Abrupt Layoff

Modsy let go of 130+ employees within a week with no warning. I was promoted on a Monday and let go the following Friday. Their overhead doesn’t warn their leads of anything. They throw them to the wolves.

Poor compensation

Pay structure was horrible for initial Onboarding. The work was scattered in terms of quality, due to stylists being any and everyone, some with no obvious talent/expertise in simple style choices.

Pros

Contract, work when you want

Cons

Pay, no benefits, no job security

Modsy insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

This would have been a dream job but for the pay structure

The platforms for design are terrific, the product is varied and, team interaction was seamless. But about the pay...It started out lower than I have ever been paid but somewhat reasonable given the flexibility of schedule, the convenience of working from home, and the opportunity to be creative and provide design ideas and solutions to people seeking help for their interior environment. Then they kept rearranging the way we are paid and what we are paid to do so that suddenly you were getting half the money for the same amount of work. Then when the pandemic hit they laid everyone off en-masse. Since then they keep posting job openings. I have applied twice and never been allowed back in, although I had quite a good record and had great recommendations. I realize now it is because they don't want anyone there that would tell the new people that the pay was better before.

Pros

Great team of designers to work with. Lovely product and for the most satisfying customer relations.

Cons

Constantly changing directives; constant push more to work more, faster

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Modsy?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Modsy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Modsy Reviews by Location

Learn about Modsy in popular locations

• Modsy