Modular Mining Systems, Inc.

Working at Modular Mining Systems, Inc.: 29 Reviews

United States29 reviews

Good working place company holds golf and bowing for the workers but do not know how it is now.

Good place to work at when I was there do not know how it is now. Was let go because of age being over 65 at that time, I think that was unfair to let us good at that time.

Pros

Cons

Let people go after age 65 and up.

Great Company!

Great Work life balance , no layoff during covid , good pay with great bonus , they take care of the employees very well and they listen to your ideas . Recommended .

Pros

Ex Friday is no meeting day, flexible work enviorment

Cons

Not very process oriented

Modular Mining Systems, Inc. insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great place to start a career.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Modular Mining Systems, Inc. is pretty good. But with a pay to match.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Modular Mining Systems, Inc. are average.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Modular Mining Systems, Inc., I think modular is a safe company to work at.

Poor planning - Brazilian management 'club'

I have two major criticisms. First, the company does not seem to know how to plan. The whole time I was there we were confronted with unrealistic schedules - they would know about a system they had to deliver but did not even start developing it until it should have been going into QA. This results in poor designs and implementations, and lots of problems in the field. Second, management was imported, en mass, from Brazil. Do not expect to penetrate that club. If you want to work at Modular I suggest learning Portuguese - and probably best not to let them know you understand it as they tend to shift into that language, even in meetings, when discussing critical issues that may affect you.

Poor mangement

There was a lack of professional management. I experienced harassment on several levels, including bullying. Work atmosphere was tense and uncomfortable.

Don't expect more

I have worked in one of the branches of the company, and there was the same situation with bad political environment, zero growth, unqualified managers. Don't expect more.

Interesting people, good products.

Modular produces quality products that are innovative and useful to client. There are a variety of cultures that work together, you will meet interesting people.

Not a palce to grow

Tedious work, day in and day out. No challenge or fulfillment in the job its just a lackluster place to work. Would not recommend if you want adaptability and a place to grow and strive to better yourself.

managment

Lack of communication between employees and management is very poor. communication and planning and meeting need of customers is very poor. poor scheduling and timing of customer visits. the lack of promotions and advancement among certain departments is very limited.

Nauseating Management

If bad companies reward politics and great companies reward good ideas, Modular Mining is a very bad company. The "clubby" feel of management is both demotivating and nauseating.

Pros

Some opportunity for international travel

Cons

Political environment

Very good company

Modular is a very good company, the environment is friendly and it has great professionals. The management has plenty of room for improvement as well as their internal systems.

Excellent place to work

Included several team building events. Also encouraged daily interaction between departments. Worked extremely well with initial manager. Enjoyed ability to work with very little supervision.

Pros

co-workers

Cons

too long of commute

Loyalty, dedication and hard work will not necessarily get you promoted

The first 21 years I worked for this company was absolutely wonderful, with plenty of opportunities to enhance my skill set and strengthen my career, travel domestically and abroad, collaboration / work with a really good group of people, and exposure to different cultures from across the globe. Then restructuring happened, and certain people brought in to middle management positions created discord, mistrust and a total breakdown in forward progress or efficiency. After a few years away, I can look back and realize that fate intervenes for a reason and my career path was meant to divert. Hopefully you will work for a qualified manager who will nurture your career instead of trying destroying it with malice and spite.

Pros

Excellent compensation and benefits, exposure to international cultures

Cons

Middle management often a poor fit or unqualified, forward progress hindered by departmental politics

Not recommended

Not recommended at all I would not have anyone with reference from Me apply to work For this company. Poor morales and ethics and supported by management

Great company to grow a career

I believe Modular is invested in their employees. I feel valued by my team and manager. I've witnessed a lot of professional development opportunities and they tend to promote from within! This is a great place to start a career and develop valuable skills.

Pros

flexible work schedules (9-80), diverse culture, interesting technologies, relaxed but professional

Cons

the management team could be better, a lot of technical people lacking people skills.

Great experience working at Modular

I loved working at MMS. I worked with a variety of technologies on a variety of projects. There are a lot of smart people working there. I learned a ton. Management gave some leeway in how to implement solutions, but was very concerned with timeliness. Workplace culture was somewhat lax with a lot of foreign people from all over the world. Worst part of my experience was management would sometimes waver on whether or not they wanted to spend resources on a certain project. We would sometimes be asked to suddenly change focus to another task. Also some projects were not planned properly, if at all. There also seemed to be a general consensus that the pay was low.

Pros

Flexible working time, good culture, interesting products

Cons

Pay is a little low

Interesting workplace, wasn't a good fit for me.

Worked as a co-op student for 6 months. Got to work on some cool projects. Didn't fit in with company culture. Coworkers were friendly, and boss was approachable.

Productive and Fun Place to Work

Work/Life Balance, great work culture, and performance management plan. A mid-size company that cares about their employees and listen to their employees.

Cons

wait one year for 401k match

Modular mining is a great place to work. Very loyal to employees so new folks are behind the eight ball to begin with. Good management and excellent staff.

Unchallenged

I'm not being utilized to my fullest potential. Have significant experience management is unwilling to listen to. Customer issues could be easily resolved if processes were defined.

Pros

Too easy

Cons

Too easy

Great Company to work for!

This company was started by a group of innovative people over 35 years ago who developed a successful product which became the standard in the industry. These people have long been gone and the remaining leadership has slowly been squandering away the advantages the company once thrived on.

Pros

Traveling around the the US working with different personal

Cons

It's a smaller company, so advancement opportunities can be a bit more rare than in larger companies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Modular Mining Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Modular Mining Systems, Inc. with

Modular Mining Systems, Inc. Reviews by Location

Learn about Modular Mining Systems, Inc. in popular locations

Modular Mining Systems, Inc. reviews by popular job title

• Modular Mining Systems, Inc.