Moe's Southwest Grill Employee Reviews

Great place to work but advancement is less than desired.
General Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Indian Land, SCOctober 17, 2018
Quick service restaurants can teach you a lot if you pay attention. As a general manager we are not only in charge of daily operations but also responsible for growing sales and maintaining costs. My duties include hiring and firing, training new staff and managers, guest service, production, marketing on a store level, upholding food quality standards to the highest level, leadership, decision making, problem solving, computer skills, and reaching goals set by upper management.
Busy and Fun place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dewitt, NYOctober 15, 2018
Management was nice and reasonable. Very busy restaurant and very face paced. The customers were the best part of the job - people from all walks of life. Most people were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was scrubbing the grills at night - wanted them to sparkle! Good work place culture -
Pros
Food discounts and nice co-workers
Cons
Low Pay
Fun place to work.
Team (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 14, 2018
It is an easy job, busy during peak hours, and very repetitive regarding the food orders. The people I work with are fun people to work with. I highly enjoy my time here.
Pros
50% off everything on the Menu
Cons
Late work hours when there are caterings
Wouldn’t recommend
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 10, 2018
I worked there during the school year and I worked most days doing thins by myself. I’d ask for help and never get it. So I asked to be promoted or given a higher pay for all the extra work I did but I never got anything. My pay stayed the same and so did my hours while my bills went up and up
So I left.
Moes
Catering & Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 8, 2018
Moes is a great place to work. There are many positions to be filled from entry level all the way up to regional management. The owners are all great to work with and usually look to promote from within before hiring outside of the company.
Stressful, Fast-Paced enviornment,
Team Member Trainer (Former Employee) –  Knightdale, NCOctober 7, 2018
I would say the most enjoyable part of working at Moe's was working with some really nice coworkers that made the job slightly easier. Other than that, it was always hot, always busy, and a overall nasty environment.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Only one ten minute break out of your whole shift.
Fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 5, 2018
Wonderful co-workers and managers. Clean and tidy. Always had something to do to keep myself busy when we we're slow in the store. Great communication with co-workers. Flexible hours.
Pros
Good pay
great management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCOctober 4, 2018
Doesn’t pay fairly to people who do the exact same job just different genders. Males did get paid more than females did. Even working there longer than some males i still never got paid the same or more than them.
Pros
free meals
If you have another option...
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 4, 2018
Very dramatic employees, manager fired employees way to consistently which caused for a stressed out crew and up-set customers. Constantly training someone just to fire them. Managers were also rude, snappy, with a lack of empathy or any muster of caring about where the store was, and how we could make it better. Employees would come in stoned, be slow and then complain when they couldn't keep up. Check the back parking lot by the trash for people smoking on break. Half the time the delivery service app's weren't working. I was told to not answer the phone but also handle angry and up-set customers wondering why they can't order or where their order is. Very wasteful with product. Chips are usually old and stale, usually oily because we are forced to batch cook them all at once. And again, have up-set customers and employees the next day. There is a downward spiral going on back there and I can only expect a crash soon.
No room to advance, pay was below average, no benefits AT ALL, usually there past your shift or forced to work doubles (because of all the new hires, being fired.) HORRIBLE communication between ANYONE working there. Nobody ever knows anything. Stressful work environments and co-workers will lead you to a path of insanity.
Avoid this place unless you are so desperate. Otherwise, take any other option.
Pros
Hah, good one. The food taste nice.
Cons
15 minute break, long shifts, intolerable co-workers filled with hours of immaturity, not reliable, unorganized, lost
Good
Crew member/ trainer (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, FLOctober 4, 2018
Moes was a great job I love cooking the meats on the grills at a fast paste and serving my customers and making the day go by faster and getting the job done .
slave labor
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 3, 2018
you work 40 to 60 hours for minimum wage and no benefits and its just trash workers are always smoking weed or cigarettes in the back everyone in there besides me barley did any work and always came in high or drunk i do not recommend this job to anyone who has a good work ethic and morals.
It’s a nice place to eat and enjoy food
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 2, 2018
Food is amazingly good , People are fun and children are amazing I loved it but I needed more hours ! Breaks was short and at times I couldn’t even take a break store packed
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2018
I learned how to work in a busy place full of offices where we would cater every day minimum will be 3-5 orders a day will pack up and organize orders to go for drivers
Pros
Free food
Cons
Breaks 30 mi s
Great environment, flexible schedule,
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky River, OHOctober 1, 2018
I worked at Moe's for over three years. In that time, I started out as crew and was provided the resources and opportunity to be promoted up to general manager. The owners are great and the staff is awesome.
Good
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 1, 2018
Very professional work place. fast pace, Multi tasking, Long hours, learning new things, stays on task, helping out other teams members if needed. music is good, food is excellent. Updated their menu which was nice to hear about the new items on the menu
Pros
pay lunch
Cons
short breaks
Understandimg managers and easy learning
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VASeptember 30, 2018
Working for Moe's Southwest Grill provided a fun learning environment with easy to prepare items that come in handy when promotional days prove to be more challenging with the increased flow of customers. The managers are easy to speak to and requesting hours and days off are easy to manage.
Productive and fast working environment
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 28, 2018
I loved working here but some of the management was poor. I wish I stayed there longer, but I couldn’t for personal reasons. I also would recommend anyone to work at Moe’s.
it was amazing before they switch managment
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 26, 2018
I enjoy working in fast pace environment and I did enjoy this job for a short while but what I very dislike is the horrible manager they gave us after headquarters switched out the old manager. She would see employees as meat workers rather than actual humans. Having workers that are sick (throwing up) still come in and wouldn't release them without an argument. just shameful.
Pros
tips
This summary was helpful
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 24, 2018
Moes is a great environment i loved working there. the people i worked with made me feel very comfortable and we always worked together to get everything done.
Management wasn’t the best.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 23, 2018
Management was not the best. I would have had a much better time working there if they had a different manager. Some of the co workers were not pleasant to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moe's Southwest Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

1.9Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight