Moe's Southwest Grill Employee Reviews

Found 1,335 reviews matching the search See all 1,339 reviews
Decent place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 17, 2019
It could have better management honestly. They could also train their employees better. It seems as if none of the staff was ever shown the correct way to do things and this often leads to unhappy customers.
Pros
Discounted food
Fast Food
Shift worker (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYFebruary 17, 2019
Experience was not pleasant, lots of arguments. fighting with management was normal with co workers. Hours were based off of opinions of managers. People were promoted based off of friendships.
Multi-unit GM
Multi-Unit General Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 16, 2019
I typically worked 10-11 hours/day. These hours included everything from inventory control, scheduling, catering, customer service, truck orders and P&L management. I ran up to 3 restaurants on a daily basis.
.ggdfg
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEFebruary 15, 2019
not much to say, my boss was very nice and kept everyone having good hours. there was one boss who i didnt like, i offered to stay late making my shift almost 12hrs (open to close) and i tried my best but they always complained about me when other kids did the same thing and they didnt care
Pros
free lunches if worked more than 8hrs
quick easy line
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tillmans Corner, ALFebruary 15, 2019
when I would come in they would tell me what position I was on that day. I got to the place I would be for the rest of the day and worked it whether it was dish, dine, hot, cold, swing , or ring. I could work every position there within weeks of being there. after the end of the day we closed all the positions, I usually tried to finish before every one so I could help one of my coworkers because we all left at the same time.
Pros
half off food, free food when working doubles or taking shifts
overall was great for my first job
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALFebruary 14, 2019
it was overall a good work experience, wish I had been appreciated more for the hard work I put in at moes. if you like fast paced and not sitting looking at a clock all the time but also having the time to relax and take a breather after a rush. you learn multiple different skills while being there.
Pros
i loved my coworkers, worked well as a team, comfortable
Cons
Management, could get overcrowded in the kitchen sometimes
I was a single mother
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAFebruary 14, 2019
I was a single mother looking for a job i could work my way up to a career. It became like i was having to fight for my job everyday. Not knowing if i was getting fired or not. The communication level and the appreciation level was very low. Along with if you were pregnant there were no benefits along with it was hard to get time off to deal with anything personal. Moe's has a very low career rate. Everyday is a fight no body want to take responsibility and no one wants to have good work ethic so you end up doing more to cover your self.
Narrow atmosphere
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 13, 2019
Laborers stood on task without any distraction, constructive criticism given by manager when needed, free meal per shift, customers were never dissatisfied, laborers trained to respond positively to immoral customer behavior.
Fun Work Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYFebruary 12, 2019
Its all around a great place to work. Great staff and manager. I would recommend the food to ant one as its always fresh. Everyone strives at being there best to ensure are costumers are happy.
fun laid back work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIFebruary 12, 2019
laid back job, i learned how to manage shifts and responsibility, how to place orders for food, management was good very reasonable with hours, the hardest part of the job was when a team member would quit out the blue and leave the shift short staffed
Pros
free food for managers
Cons
hours getting cut due to slow time
good place to work for
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Moe's vestal Park wayFebruary 11, 2019
good place to work at if you like make rice Cook bean/ pinto black run the line and more I'm back of the house not in the front i do all prepped for the day and through out the day Randy mouzon.
Cons
15 minutes break
Worst Job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INFebruary 11, 2019
The Muncie location of Moe’s is by far the worst job I have ever had. I have been working in food since 2015 and I have never seen a resturant so poorly managed in my life. Inconsistent pay wage among crew.
Not bad but not great
SERVER/HOST/BUSSER/BAR (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 10, 2019
It's a fast paced environment that can be friendly but also chaotic. You will hear their catch phrase in your dreams and prepare to say it in other places. It takes its toll.
Fast-paced environment with fun coworkers
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 9, 2019
I like doing a lot of tasks at Moe's, such as washing dishes, frying chips, and preparing food. The job has taught me patience, and how to have good time management skills. A typical day at work consists of me helping customers, cleaning, preparing food, and bringing customers their food.
Pros
Free employee meals
Cons
Not many benefits
Very good working place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 9, 2019
Moes is a very good work force area friendly co-workers management its fast paced due to how popular the resturaunt is very good work hours and good pay.
Disgusting, stressful, unorganized
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 8, 2019
They will keep you there as late as they have to for cleaning, and if your other coworkers don’t care it can go very late into the night. I saw bugs constantly despite weekly “bug checks” conducted by management. My location did not get tips. I was only provided with a shirt, pants and non-slip shoes were up to me to get. I was thrown onto the line with very little training, resulting in frustrated customers. No nail polish or earrings or anything allowed.
Pros
Free food if you can still stomach it
Cons
Just your average terrible minimum wage food service job, no better than fast food
Great place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCFebruary 7, 2019
Great place to work friendly people nice customers alot of cleaning and great personalitys. The only prob is the pay and process of getting a raise at moes
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
no breaks
Fast paced environment
Pro Roller (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLFebruary 7, 2019
This job is easy once you get the menu down and the abbreviations for the tickets. The only thing I wouldn’t say is hard about this job is how busy it can get. Tips get divided up at the end of the day for all who were working, except for the GM.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
No benefits
Socialable envornment, fun with free chips and salsa.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAFebruary 6, 2019
Moe's is a great restaurant with a friendly environment. Food is always fresh. Best part is that you get to customize your own entree and have chips free and it refillable; so is the delicious salsa.
Would not recommend working here!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Waxhaw, NCFebruary 6, 2019
When I started my job here in 2015, I barely got trained. I basically did the same job every shift. I started out on cash register but as time went on, I was stuck doing the cleaning job EVERY TIME I worked. Also sometimes they would keep me there way after closing to clean. There were days my junior year where I didn’t leave work until 2am or 1am. Keep in mind I was 16 at the time. Also some of the management that was there during my time working there were lazy.
Pros
Discounted food, free chips, breaks
Cons
Closing takes forever and the management can be lazy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moe's Southwest Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight