Moe's Southwest Grill Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,162 reviews matching the search See all 1,166 reviews
Fast paced and busy environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER/ TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Enterprise, ALAugust 16, 2018
There is always something to do from cleaning equipment to assisting a customer and employees are always friendly and more than willing to learn. Energetic staff with amazing potential in growth and an upbeat scene to work in at all times. Though it is upbeat it can be extremely hectic, especially on the busy days like Moe's Monday where all burritos and burrito bowls are only $6.99 with chips and a drink.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
No healthcare or benefits. Low pay.
Fun enviorment
Berkshire Blvd, Wyomissing, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAAugust 14, 2018
It was a very stressful job to do, but it was fun for the time being, the hardest part about working there is the quickness. iv'e learned to work together with co workers a lot more.
Cons
Wyomissing Pa
Moes
Caterer and crew member (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 14, 2018
I enjoyed being able to cater to so many customers and businesses. I would typically get to the store early in the morning and organize, prepare, and deliver orders. I averaged 1-2 caterings per day and maybe 4 or 5 on a busy day. I was responsible for making a good impression and being on time. I easily made the store anywhere from 200-1000 dollars single handedly on an average day. I would be done around noon and go home and come back to work 4 to close as a crew member and also to do prep for the next day. Usually was a line backer which meant my job was to keep food stocked on the line to serve and to maintain the lobby and kitchen area. Closed store cleaning, power washing and making sure all the details were checked off. What I didn't like was working with unreliable employees who didn't want to pick up their slack or show up so I would be over worked on occasions. I enjoyed the job culture, the work was easy if you stayed on top of it.
Pros
Discounts, tips
Cons
No benefits, not much room to advance
Unfair hours
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 14, 2018
Employees are okay. Unfair that the employees that are always late are still given hours, but the hard-working employees ask for more hours and are not given them.
Doesn't effectively communicate with employees
Crew Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 14, 2018
At Moe's, we were under a lot of pressure to be perfect employees at all times, under any circumstances, and if we slipped up even slightly, we would be moved to a different area of the establishment or sometimes even sent home if the manager at the time was angry enough. For 8.25 an hour, I do not think workers should be pushed that hard and given such little leeway for small, basic human errors. I understand that it was a part-time food industry job but we, as teenagers, we were put under far too much pressure when it was most of us crew members' first jobs. Along with all of that, my manager often ignored hour requests or ship-switch requests. I had requested I work 20 hours a week there because I was in high school at the time, and usually ended up working 30-35 hour weeks on a good week.
Pros
free food sometimes
Cons
harsh management, awful hours, expected to be inhumanly perfect
Great opportunity and lesson
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHAugust 13, 2018
As my first job I never would have expected to be promoted to an assistant manager. It showed me hard work and punctuality goes a long way in the work environment. Doing what I was suppose to do as well as making sure others did their job helped me realize my self worth.
Nice co workers, fun and productive place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCAugust 9, 2018
I loved the job at moe’s southwest grill until the manager got switched, tips started disappearing, team leaders lying about the tip money. No breaks for underage workers, low pay for me and my living situation, no communication with the manager at all.
Pros
Free lunch some times
Cons
Low pay, no breaks, missing tip money, and no hours
good food
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 8, 2018
This place has such amazing food! And the service is good too. The food is great and nicely priced. You basically make your own taco or burrito, which is awesome. The buffet of toppings for your meal is filled with a huge variety of fillings for your burrito/taco. Now for the bad comments, the atmosphere is horrific. Fruit flies were everywhere! It makes me wonder if they are just settled in the salsa sitting in the open, no lid or anything to cover the bowls of delicious salsa
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benefits
Quick paced fun place to work
Line Cook, Food Server (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 7, 2018
i enjoyed working for Moes for 3+ years. its was a very upbeat environment, also positive with their famous greeting "Welcome to Moes!" Never a dull moment. Management and co-workers were always a pleasure.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Fun and fast place
Dishwasher and Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 6, 2018
Nice place with friendly coworkers. Fast and easy place to work at. Place where a lot of people like to come and eat. Good mangers and good customers everyday.
Pros
Clean
Cons

Want to know more about Moe's Southwest Grill?

Ask a question
It’s fun inviting An you learn a lot working at moes.
Crew Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 3, 2018
I personally would work at moes again. They create a very loving environment. Management was iffy tho because it’s seemed like everyone was doing the managers jobs.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Unsanitary
I loved it
Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTAugust 2, 2018
I love being apart of the team I work for 3 different store so I did alot of cumuting in the one year I was employed for them and I enjoyed being able to have the opportunity to grow with them.
Productive and all smiles laughs and family like vibes
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alachua, FLAugust 2, 2018
Fast paced Work environment I learned to socialize and to deal with money. Management was alright not the best wasn't the worst.work culture was Amazing. Moe mondays had to be the Hardest day of work.Good laughsPositive vibes and felt more like a family at one point of time.
Pros
Positive vibes
Cons
No raises no matter how long you've worked there
Moes summary
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 2, 2018
Moes is a fast paced job with good environment and good management. The pay was exceptional. But working with the food is the best part And it’s innovative.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Have to pay for food
Easy Job
Shorter Ave - Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJuly 31, 2018
I would open the store and start cooking all the meats and vegetables for the store. Then I would prepare all the rice and beans. Then I would set the cold veggies for the morning shift.
Good
Roadie (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 31, 2018
Good First job, plenty of room to earn promotions and raises. Very fast paced environment. Must be confident to work here. Very very busy store all of the time
ok
Crew Member & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2018
working at moes is like working at every other fast food place. barely get hours as a part time employee. wont get vacation unless your a full time employee which it seemed likely only management was full time
Not a bad place. Just need dependable workers
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 29, 2018
Definitely hard working individuals. Like to have fun even if it's stressful. Working together is a plus. Management will work with you on balancing your personal schedule and work schedule.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
The day can drag on if not busy
productive and fun workplace
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 28, 2018
Workplace was fun but also productive.
co-workers were friendly and cared about each other and the managers were great.
food was always fresh and workplace was always clean.
Pros
management, co-workers.
moes was an easy first job
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32822July 27, 2018
you get cross trained so you are able to do everything, i would do food prep for the day or i could do closing shift and clean the dining room and or back of house.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moe's Southwest Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight