Moen Incorporated Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for. Very well compensated for the work
New Product Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCMarch 28, 2018
Moen is one of the best companies in this area to work for. There is plenty of room for advancement if you're willing to do the work required to advance. They basically pay you to go to school and you have the luxury to sign up for and attend all types of training to help you better perform in your job position. There is however, room for improvement in top management.
Pros
Competetive pay, decent work schedule, flexibility
Cons
Working lots of weekends, very vigorous attendance policy
Friendly workplace and community volunteer
Material Handler and Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCMarch 12, 2018
Moen is a friendly but can be a stressful workplace.The pay is good we get every week plus we get paid vacations and holiday pay.The only cons bout Moen is the long hours and having to work 7 days a week 10 to 12 hours a day
Pros
Benefits, pay, raises, bonuses and good work eviroment
Cons
Lack commication of with managment, long hours
Customer Service
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHFebruary 21, 2018
I had 8 weeks training before going live on the phones, which I though was great. They have multiple products and Moen made sure that I knew what I was talking about before I got on the phone. Very good training program to identify a product and figure out what was wrong. Moen had an outstanding policy Buy it for looks, Buy it for life that focused on doing whatever it took to make the customer happy- I really liked that - this is why Moen is number one in the faucet game!
Pros
free lunches, great training, freedom to do whatever it takes
Cons
Good place to work with diverse working conditions.
Setter/Operator (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCDecember 17, 2017
I always try to make everyday a good day even the bad ones. I've learned over the years that machining can surprise you in different ways. Management is trying to make screw machines a bit more competitive from what I hear and see. We have a fairly relaxed environment. The hardest part of my job I would say is working 3rd shift! The best part of my job is I enjoy the challenges.
Pros
Flexible company
Cons
We don't offer a restraunt in our facility anymore.
A challenging supervisor role
Production Coach (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCDecember 7, 2017
I worked as a supervisor for Moen for about a year. I was in charge of the electroplating department. There were challenges with the personnel due to attendance and skill levels but it challenged me to be better as a supervisor. The other supervisors were very helpful in the day to day tasks. The engineers were a mix with some being very hands on with us as a group and some that preferred to direct rather than be in the mix.
Pros
salaried + overtime pay
Cons
weekend hours
Acocount Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHOctober 2, 2017
Moen is a great company to work for. Most of the people I work with have been here for many years and want to continue their employment. Environment is upbeat and happy.
Great job if you like a call center and rigid supervisors.
Consumer Service Consultant Tier 3 (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHAugust 16, 2017
The shifts are hard to work if you have a family. No advancement. Hard to move out of this position. Good salary and benefits. If you like to do the same thing all day you would be happy. If you like variety, this is not the job for you
Pros
Free food and activities
Cons
Bad management
A few bad eggs that have been left alone despite the smoke
Numerous managerial roles (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJuly 10, 2017
Overall, Moen is a good company that makes great product. They have a great future if they get back to what they really do well, lead the industry. They have become a follower to some degree, chasing after their competitors and trying to make the quarterly numbers look great. They have a few managers that have come on board that are trying to make a career for themselves and are quite honestly, unprofessional. They follow the rules as the law dictates, but I have no desire to ever recommend anyone to go work there.
Pros
Great benefits after a long career
Cons
Cut-throat management who would rather advance their own careers than those of their team
Mangement needs sone training on how to treat employees
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJune 12, 2017
Managers need training, HR needs new team, that are actually willing to help. Team members doing more than one person job and gets no credit for working like a dog.
Pros
Benifits
Good for Some Reasons and Bad for Others
Salaried Professional (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHMarch 22, 2017
Solid performing company. Good salary and bonus. Benefits are good but not great. You wind up paying a lot for medical benefits if you want good coverage. Very difficult to get promoted. As much the company motto says we should "Do the Right Thing, Work Together and Get Results", it is not what actually happens. Much more politics and infighting than I've seen anywhere else in over 25 years of work experience.
Pros
Good Bonus and Holiday Time Off
Cons
Vacation scale is low compared to other companies. Little opportunity for advancement.
Great place to start my professional career
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHFebruary 27, 2017
I was fortunate enough to start my professional career at Moen Inc. after serving in the USMC for 5 years. I had wonderful managers and co-workers to teach me Logistics and provided me with opportunities to build my skills and knowledge with advancement opportunities.
Pros
Benefits, management, opportunity for growth
Cons
pay scale, multiple office moves
known for give back to other company's like United Way
material stocker (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCFebruary 22, 2017
With holds great Benefits
Learn commutation matters a lot
Everyone has a their own voice and it do matter
Became a great individual
Learn how to talk to others
Cons
You have no time to self
Started as a great place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Pine Grove, PAFebruary 17, 2017
When I first started it was a decent job, good pay. Poor management,unskilled and poorly trained maintenance staff led to consistent line shut downs leading to constant overtime to make up production loss.
Management is just awful. No employee/manager relations, lack of appreciation for hard-working employees, no consideration for family emergencies or even bereavement situations. If you have nothing else to do with your life than this job is perfect for you.
On top of that the breaks are basically enough to grab a cupcake and wash your hands. Alot of hardworking people who are not appreciated by management. And training is a joke, trial and error at best.
management
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCJanuary 27, 2017
This is not an ideal place to work if you have small children or you have to miss work often. Their attendance policy is quite strict and, in most cases does not allow any flexibility.
Pros
Great benefits and incentives
Cons
breaks are cut short by the wait time in cafeteria line
Used to be fun and satisfying place to work. Not anymore
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sanford,NCJanuary 22, 2017
worked there for 28 years and until they brought in my new manager form textiles. new nothing about manufacturing and didn't try to learn. he drove me away micro managing me and everybody around him. Worked almost every weekend while manager never came in on weekend to show support for his team. Turned into a political battle on a daily basis. Then the unethic practices began to take place. supervisors running around with their direct reports, destroying marriages. This was not an isolated event. Numerous managers were having extra marital affairs and nothing was being done. Moral was very low as all employees knew of the scandals. Was brought to the attention of HR and even corporate HR. Nothing was done. It was swept under the rug. Awful place to work.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
too much overtime, too many scandals
Loved working for Moen
Planner-Expeditor/Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJuly 5, 2016
A typical day was keeping all production up and running and keeping product going on the door on a JIT basis.
I loved the job, the co-workers and everything about this company
Good growth with the Territory
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHMarch 6, 2016
A lot of work to get it to the growth of 5M in sales.
55,000 miles a year 165 days in motel, connected with many customers and engineers and Plumbers , Builders in territory
n/a
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  TXSeptember 30, 2015
good company. allowed to run your own business, Fun Team environment. Tough goals when market dictates sales. company changing often at the top
Poor Managment/Employee Morales
Quality Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCSeptember 3, 2015
Company has no ethical values. Mostly when employees are written up and sent to HR, HR agrees with everything management says and give employees no fair justice.
It's a job
Distribution Tech Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCAugust 5, 2015
Moen is an okay job...It has its advantages as well as its disadvantages. It is a job where everyone gets along for the most part, but as for management, you have to watch out for yourself.
Pros
Company perks and great pay