Moffatt & Nichol Employee Reviews

Great mentors
Structural/Geotechnical Entry Level Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 15, 2018
They gave lots of varied work to get you the experience that you needed and all of the staff acted as your mentors to make sure your succeeded. You actually felt like you made a difference. Bagel friday was pretty awesome too.
Pros
The supportive staff
Cons
The commute into work
Family owned
IT / HELP DESK SUPPORT (CONTRACTED) (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 15, 2018
Great environment. Great people in a fast paced development firm for engineering needs. Very diverse with people and culture and a welcoming place to work.
Growing company with good employees
Structural & Civil Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 15, 2017
I enjoyed my time working for them, but the management could have been better. I was the only intern in the office, and sometimes had to beg for work. The norfolk office did not seem prepared to hvae an intern. Strict on work hours. Overall, great experience, I worked on a number of jobs learning about different fields in the office.
Difficult to please if you are not the new person
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2017
Difficult environment to work, very competitive and back-stabbing. Promises are constantly made and broken. Management knew very little about the business.
Poor local supervisor
Project Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 9, 2017
Great company and place to work. Poor supervisors make any position discouraging. Supervisor frequently admired my attitude and cheerfulness as if I was the office mascot. Never ever recognized my contributions and treated me as the follower at all times. No space for growth and limits on capabilities based on a mistake or two. Not a good place to work unless you are perfect.
Pros
Solid and stable employer
Cons
Treatment of less than human for a mistake
good
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 24, 2017
overall this company is a very good place to work, that is why almost all the employees stay there for at least more than ten years. i learned a lot with this company like autocad, microstation. i work on different kind of project, civil, structural, electrical, mechanical, coastal and marinas. work on section plan, site plan, profile view.
Nice Environment, bad management
Accounts Payables Specialist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 16, 2016
Nice Environment and colleagues
Workload was busy and stressful
Bad management skills- CEO was not very involved with accounting department.

Hardest part of the job was during month end- our department was under much stress

We had many perks such as free lunches from time to time
Pros
Nice Perks, free lunches, breakfast etc
Cons
Healthcare Insurance and benefits where expensive
Busy fast past
Accounts Payables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 11, 2015
It was a fun work place, we worked as a team and able to enjoy the day, supportive supervisors. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but is expected in a large company.
Cons
short breaks
Great part-time job working with creative and innovative staff members.
Administrative/Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 11, 2014
Laid back atmosphere and fun/family friendly place to work. Team oriented atmosphere; all for one and one for all approach.
Pros
Monthly staff meetings to introduce newcomers and new projects we were implementing.
Cons
HR department (hiring especially) left a lot to be desired.