Moffitt Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great place to work
Health Application Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2018
lots of advancement. management is great and they really know what they are doing and whats happening. You can go to them with any questions and most importantly its a fun place.
Patient Service Rep
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 18, 2018
Checked patients in and out. New patient information packets. Put in all information about new patients. Scheduled new appointments when needed. Became friends with a lot of the patients.
Positive Experience
Patient Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2018
Great place to work. Supportive environment, professional staff. Senior leadership committed to staff success. Good support for working mothers. Many opportunities for professional growth.
Extremely Poor Management
Pathology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  MCC, tampa, FLJune 14, 2018
Extremely Poor Management : Incompetent, not qualified, self centered, insecure, no management skills, no leadership qualities.

HR is aware of the problems, but no one cares to listen to the employees or resolve the issues.
Pros
good benefits : specially PTO
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2018
I am happy working at Moffitt as I enjoy taking care of patients and keeping them the center of my work. I like the benefits of working at the hospital as there are several educational opportunities.
Nice place to work. Could use some work on improving management
Cardiac/Thoracic RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 3, 2018
Moffitt is a good place to work however; they could use a little improvement in management. I think it's important to pay close attention to the employees and employee surveys.
Pros
team work: Dr.'s and nursing staff work well together
I wish I can transfer already it’s been a year and a half
Environmental Services/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 2, 2018
For the most part moffitt is a great place to work because they have great benefits but it’s very hard to transfer to another department. The supervisors and team leads are favoritism. I feel like a piece of meet when I come to work because the men in my department can’t stop drooling over me sometimes it’s very uncomfortable. No one appreciate housekeeping at that place because if it wasn’t for us cleaning that place will be shut down due to unsanitary. First shift and second shift coworkers do not help one another out. It’s everybody for themselves. If 2nd shift made a small mistake like forgetting to place a trash bag in a can...instead of 1st shift helping out the supervisor on 1st shift will write up a complaint to give to the 2nd shift supervisor. They will not put a trash bag in the garage can they will leave it how they found out instead of being a team player and take the initiative to do because it’s the right thing to do. Then the managers and team leads always complaining about dust and never get ppl to clean the vents out or change the filters in them because that’s where the dust is coming from. I advice anyone who wants to work for moffitt do not do housekeeping they are never satisfied
Pros
Paid time off and benefits
Cons
Lack of communication and no teamwork
Love my job at Moffitt, work days are busy and management is awesome, the hard part of my job no overtime, the most enjoyable part are the people ,
Computer data entry (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 1, 2018
Moffitt is a awesome place to work and excel.The people are great and the worker,s are always willing to help were needed. My department works together as a team and family.
The staff on my shift were awesome couldn't ask for any better people to with.
Central Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 28, 2018
I would recommend this shift to anyone that is built for night shift work. My bosses are great people , very realistic in their request,of duties. The nurses and the nursing supervisor are great to work with,our entire goal was to take care of the patients needs and safety
Pros
Cons
I have to relocate
Management will tank this place
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 26, 2018
This hospital is doing amazing research in terms of cancer but the bedside care is lacking. Most nurses are inexperienced and scared in high stress situations. The doctors are not very direct and string patients and patient families along even when the prognosis is poor. Management takes sides and chooses favorites instead of being unbiased and fair to all employees.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement opportunities, rude management
Learned Lots and Great workplace
INTERN LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2018
Even just as an intern, the environment is great and comfortable. Management was good and understanding. great location and close to university of south florida
Pros
Close to Campus
Cons
Not enough parking
Have to be on the go all day
Short Order Cook (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 14, 2018
Very nice place to work really motivating especially taking care off those patients, management team is great always making sure you have what it takes to get the job done
Pros
Great benefits and bonus
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun
Backup Service Breast Team Leader/RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 12, 2018
I loved working at Moffitt. Wish I did not have to leave. Moffitt cares alot about their staffing, especially nurses. Moffitt strives to provide excellent care and believes happy employees will make this mission possible.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Very fast paced environment.
Physician Liaison, Education Analyst and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 7, 2018
While I enjoyed working there, management was not as encouraging as I had seen in other work environments. The work flow could have been more structured.
Pros
Salary ws great.
Cons
Project was too short.
Working at Moffitt
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 3, 2018
It could be stressful at time
Being able to multi task
management was good
good place for Diversity
getting to know the patients and seeing them die
having my own office
My Time
Clinic Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 30, 2018
When I worked there I felt valued as an employee. I assisted 21 Doctors in the GI clinic. I always felt like I was valued as a member of the team. Great place to work.
Pros
Felt valued
Cons
Very stressful as Patients Pass away sometimes
Unprofessional leaderahip
Certified Sterile Processing Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 26, 2018
My leader played favorites making it difficult to excel. He also did not value the opinion of women. He would take my ideas and present them to the staff as his own.
Nice environment to gain professional experience
Research Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2018
Moffitt Cancer Center is an nice and friendly work environment, PTO and one day floating holiday are available. Manager and co-workers are helpful and friendly.
Product and fun place to work
II Research Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2018
A typical day at work is stressful
Learned about cancer research
Friendly People
Management needs to be a little more involved.
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with some of the Professors
Pros
Free Lunches
Fast Pace
Financial Clearance Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2018
Work very closely with Healthplan, patients, and nurses. Fast pace office. Self-sufficient, and a mixed culture. the most enjoyable part of my day is helping the cancer patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moffitt Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight