Moffitt Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Love it
Scheduler/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2019
I've been at Moffitt over 13years and I'm completely happy here. The staff is really my work family. Everyone truly cares about the patients well-being and it's just a great feeling to know that everyone is here for the same reasons. Providing great service for our patients. No matter what position, roll or title we have. We all care for our patients. Management is easy to talk too without having a fear, I really learn something everyday in the position I'm in. I plan on retiring from here
Pros
culture, enjoyable
Cons
pay, short lunches
It was great
HR Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 14, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Moffitt, I learned a lot and worked with some great people. I would definitely still work for Moffitt if I lived in the area.
great place
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 13, 2019
they are very awesome and understanding. managers are very nice and people who mind there business usually last along time. just a wonderful place to work
Pros
everything
OK place, changed when TGH admins came over. Outdated facilities
ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 20, 2019
Outdated facilities, weak weekend diff, management good for the most part. Needs better benefits (expensive for nothing worthwhile if you need it). Sometimes act like a long term healthcare facility with new rules.
Don't bother if you have a life
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2019
It's a good place if you can commit for 90 days without any problems in your life. If the higher management gets involved in anything the lower management goes into cover their a** mode and will leave you high and dry. I have worked at a couple of hospitals and this has to be the worst one. Too much fakeness and backstabbing is rampant unless you are a butt kisser which I am not. No one has any idea what the next person is doing and the management is on pto every couple of days. I left and would not even consider going back if they offered
Pros
pay, going home at the end of the day
Cons
Short lunch breaks, useless meetings, phony atmosphere
Great Benefits
COOK (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 10, 2019
Work an 8 hour day with a 30 minute break. Steady pace throughout the day. I receive really great benefits that take effect after 90 days. Its a very professional work environment.
Great place not good supervisors
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 6, 2019
Moffitt is an amazing place to work from the moment you walk in everyone is smiling till you leave! Is hard because you see a lot of patients not get well and it takes it’s toll on you. You create amazing bonds with these patient and have empathy and see what they’re going through, definitely a humbling experience.
Some of the supervisors are okay, but some will make your time there a nightmare. No room for advancement at least not in the department I worked for, 4 of us ended leaving to other companies because all of our applications for advancement where denied for a period of two years, some of us where perfect employees with employee of the month certificates backing us up and recommendations from peers, other managements and patients, but is supervisor didn’t want to well oh well for you! Other than that the feeling of working there is gratifying and unique.
Pros
Patients, coworkers, everyone was a family
Cons
Supervisors, no advancement, a lot of write ups for some people and for some no over the same thing
Very Nurse Driven
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 2, 2019
I worked in their operating room- what skilled, professional teams they have ( not only the doctors but the nurses and support people as well). Nurses truly had a say in our day to day work. Excellent place to work overall. 12 hour shifts are tough, a long day, but we were never without a morning and afternoon break. I'd highly recommend Moffitt.
Pros
nurse driven, benefits, professional environment
Cons
12 hour shifts if you're not used to them/ have family
Great work environment
Tampa-Collections Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 23, 2019
Moffitt has a singular goal of fighting cancer, and the majority of the employees believe in this noble aim. It is a large organization with many departments, career choices and benefits for the employees.
Good Company
Clinic Access Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2019
Moffitt is a reasonable company to work for. However, the pay for jobs often don't make much sense and you feel as if you get little to no support when dealing with HR issues. Overall, the company seems more worried about protecting themselves than providing the support needed to make areas run smoothly and efficiently.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Pay, Policies, HR follow-through
daily work
Breast Clinical Coordinator Assistance (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2019
arrive by 7am would not leave until between 4-5pm
obtain all records on new patients for the Breast clinic
call facilities to obtain records, images and chemo records.
scan records into the proper category for doctors to review prior to patients appointments. Always work at least out before patients appointment
Pros
working with doctors and their team of nurses
Cons
short breaks
Moffitt
Dietetic Technician, Registered (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2019
Great place to work, never met a disagreeable coworker. Staff really cares about their patients. Good company to work for and I hope to return one day
Poor work life balance
RESEARCH SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2019
Salary is better or equal to competitors but no work-life balance. Without your boss's approval, you can't do anything. Some of the people only do lip service and go up the ladder, others do everything right but retire where they started!
excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 14, 2019
great culture, open communication environment, great management. I would recommend everyone to moffitt, such caring and compassionate employees with great benefits.
Excellent PTO, flexible scheduling, minimal call, tuition reimbursement
BSN, RN, CNOR (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2019
Pretty good gig; great PTO, management maneuvers scheduling well to allow vacation requests. Magnet facility, clinical ladder, tuition reimbursement, breaks and lunches everyday.
Pros
generous PTO, 32 hour work week=FT
Cons
$$ parking, high deductible for health care, not so great dental insurance
Great opportunity!!
Research Associate- Pre-clinical Research (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2019
I enjoyed my time working there, I just wish that they have more opportunities for careers and educational advancement. I may go back working for them if offered the opportunity.
Rewarding
Patient Disability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 27, 2019
Moffitt Cancer Center is a very professional place to work.
It is expected from the employees to present and conduct themselves to the level of professionalism set. You represent the mission statement in each and everything you do for the patients at Moffitt.
As an employee, you realize you are making a huge impact on a life and could possible be, one of the last people they see. Therefore you strive to do everything possible to assist the patient in front of you. I was very honored to have work for Moffitt Cancer Center.
productive
Financial Clearance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2019
working at Moffitt was very inspiring knowing that we can make a difference in someone life, made me get up in the morning to go to work. there was a lot thing I did not agree with when it came to management
Management blows
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Moffitt mainJanuary 4, 2019
It’s an alright company to work for, pay can be fair based on your experience it’s just a lack of ownership and structure depending on your job and management.
Pros
Pay range depending on experience.
Cons
Management. The company love to put bandages on situations instead of actually fixing it
Great work life balance
Provider Database Analyst (Former Employee) –  TAMPA, FLDecember 24, 2018
Great place to work! The work/life balance is so helpful these days.

They have an onsite daycare which is priceless for most working parents.

Most positions can be work from home as well !
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
If you do not have a degree you are stagnant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moffitt Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Moffitt Cancer Center Reviews by Location