Moffitt Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Coworkers are great
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Working with coworkers who are great to work with. Unfortunately the promotion process there is set up for people who are liked within the dept to make progress and others who are better at the job to not
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Advancement
Staff RN II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Great place to work, only leaving because of husbands job relocation. Good Management, very rewarding job, physicians are very respectful and approachable. Most units have a week end team, so the week RN's very rarely have to work a weed end day.
Pros
Week end team
Cons
pay
Great company
Scheduling Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 10, 2018
I think Moffitt is a great company to work for.You have great benefits and great discounts. It is a fair place to work it can be fast paced but that is what I love about the job.
Research driven place
Research Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Moffitt is a great place to work especially if you are interested in research and medicine. It allows you the freedom to learn a lot and experience a lot.
Great Place
Senior Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Truly a great place making a positive impact with a focus on the treatment and prevention of cancer. This is a world class organization that has a prime focus on their patients.
Good place
Manager, Research IT Development (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 29, 2018
Moffitt is a good place in IT. Good work balance. Good people work there. Interesting projects and good focus. Important impact on cancer research on every project.
Work
Financial Clearance Specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2018
Moffitt as a whole is great but the management is horrible in most of the department. A lot people are unhappy with the productivity and the ladder process where you have to reapply for your job even though that’s not what management what’s you think.
Pros
Coworkers
Terrible place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2018
Everything rise and falls on management/leadership and sadly the management here is not supportive. I worked in hematology clinic where management had favorites and I was even told that one of my peers were better then me. The pay isn't good. I was broke every two weeks after taxes and my benefits where taken out. I would have stayed of management and HR was better. Now I see why they hold a training class every Monday a high torn over.
Pros
Free clinic to go to
Cons
Pay, short breaks and management
Call center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2018
Great way to build your customer service skills. I worked in the call center department where transferred calls from patients to our schedulers. I also helped with the patient portal.
Will not recommend but that is your decision
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2018
The company was not a good fit for them or me. I am glad I am no longer working for them. Management unfriend and cold to employees. The company was not the right time to be working in that environment.
Moffitt
Research Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2018
While Moffitt is a great environment and work culture. Advancement is only given off of time spent at the hospital rather than work ethic, education, or merit. I was vastly underpaid and overworked for my skill level.
Pros
Great Buildings
Cons
Poor management and Advancement
Had the worst time working in the main inpatient pharmacy.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2018
Would not recommend working here. Very unstable and unfair environment. A lot of problems that are not being addressed with current staff. unhappy people.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 3, 2018
I really love working there and it's a good job to work at and they food relly good and and the patient and the customers are very nice it is a maid in the hospital to work at
great place to work
Health Application Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2018
lots of advancement. management is great and they really know what they are doing and whats happening. You can go to them with any questions and most importantly its a fun place.
Patient Service Rep
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 18, 2018
Checked patients in and out. New patient information packets. Put in all information about new patients. Scheduled new appointments when needed. Became friends with a lot of the patients.
Positive Experience
Patient Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2018
Great place to work. Supportive environment, professional staff. Senior leadership committed to staff success. Good support for working mothers. Many opportunities for professional growth.
Extremely Poor Management
Pathology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  MCC, tampa, FLJune 14, 2018
Extremely Poor Management : Incompetent, not qualified, self centered, insecure, no management skills, no leadership qualities.

HR is aware of the problems, but no one cares to listen to the employees or resolve the issues.
Pros
good benefits : specially PTO
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2018
I am happy working at Moffitt as I enjoy taking care of patients and keeping them the center of my work. I like the benefits of working at the hospital as there are several educational opportunities.
Nice place to work. Could use some work on improving management
Cardiac/Thoracic RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 3, 2018
Moffitt is a good place to work however; they could use a little improvement in management. I think it's important to pay close attention to the employees and employee surveys.
Pros
team work: Dr.'s and nursing staff work well together
I wish I can transfer already it’s been a year and a half
Environmental Services/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 2, 2018
For the most part moffitt is a great place to work because they have great benefits but it’s very hard to transfer to another department. The supervisors and team leads are favoritism. I feel like a piece of meet when I come to work because the men in my department can’t stop drooling over me sometimes it’s very uncomfortable. No one appreciate housekeeping at that place because if it wasn’t for us cleaning that place will be shut down due to unsanitary. First shift and second shift coworkers do not help one another out. It’s everybody for themselves. If 2nd shift made a small mistake like forgetting to place a trash bag in a can...instead of 1st shift helping out the supervisor on 1st shift will write up a complaint to give to the 2nd shift supervisor. They will not put a trash bag in the garage can they will leave it how they found out instead of being a team player and take the initiative to do because it’s the right thing to do. Then the managers and team leads always complaining about dust and never get ppl to clean the vents out or change the filters in them because that’s where the dust is coming from. I advice anyone who wants to work for moffitt do not do housekeeping they are never satisfied
Pros
Paid time off and benefits
Cons
Lack of communication and no teamwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moffitt Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight