Moffitt Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Patient Access Representative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2018
Time management is required in order to be successful. Patient care is high priority. The applications used by employees is not the best functioning system.
Pros
Patient First
Cons
Communication of each department role
over all moffitt is a great company.
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33612December 9, 2018
Moffiitt is great organization I was not happy with the operation with in the department I was working in. the lack of response to what I felt was major issues wile they had 20 employees working first shift they only 3 on third shift.
Pros
good pay and benifftis
Cons
my department badly mangement
Great benifits
Supervisor Release of Infirmation (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 6, 2018
Moffitt allows you to use any days off from the PTO bucket for any reason. It also has an employee health clinic for primary care check ups and sick visits.
Pros
Company Clinic
Cons
Politics
working at Moffitt
Financial clearance specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 29, 2018
The enjoyable and important part of my job was helping patients get their authorizations that are needed for them to be services for their appointments. Hearing the joy in their voices that we can take of the hardest part for them so they can focus on their cancer makes my day great
Very productive day very busy
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 20, 2018
I am busy all day with patient care and making appointments and everything to help the nurses day run smoothly. I have learned everything I can possibly learn with this job. We all get along well and work as a team. Most enjoyable part is making sure the patients feel at ease and welcomed.
Pros
love working with patients
Cons
I believe in getting what I am doing done sometimes forgeting to take a break and go to lunch late.
I love working for Moffitt Cancer Center
Collaborative Data Services Core Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2018
Moffitt is a center of highly intelligent faculty and staff dedicated to help in the prevention of cancer. There is room to grow and develop skills that will further enhance your career opportunities.
Lab Medical Assistant
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2018
I would callebrate all instruments used in the department such as pipettes,incubatores, sterile hoods, making sure we had unough CO2 to last. i would also drain and calibrate the CO2 tubs.
Pros
Luncheons
Cons
parking
Good Benefits/Bad Management
Clinical Registered Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 27, 2018
Moffitt provides good benefit. However, their management style has much to be desired. Nurses does seem to have preferred treatment, and the rest of the staff seem to feel it.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
good
Floor Tech II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 25, 2018
Love the place would tell any one to work for them. Enjoy every day
i work. The staff was good to work with we was all like family. I do miss the place.
review
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2018
The day would start with a short meeting. The manager and the assistant manager would always tell us how to reach them if any help needed. Always had great team work at any department I worked at Moffitt.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 18, 2018
It is a great place to work. But unfortunately, not all labs are willing to teach and help you grow as a scientist. You'll enjoy your time if you pick the right lab to stay.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Nice place to work
MMG PFS Admin/Biller (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 15, 2018
I would recommend anyone to work here if you should live in the area. Good benefits and fair amount of PTO is given for the years you work there. If relocation wasn't on the plate I would stay here.
Work Life Balance
Receptionist/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2018
Working at Moffitt Cancer Center is both a career and a mission. A company that embraces diversity in the workplace, takes a priority on work-life balance to all the employees. A company that takes pride in a caring culture and emphasizes in patient first care.
Patient care
Collector (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2018
Follows up on acounts the had no resolution on high dollar accounts. Weekly collections payments. Credit balance solving.
Learned probpem solving in timely manner. Hardest Part when you gain relaship with the patients that maybe terminal. Enjoyed hearing the patients smile when u resolve their accounts
Pros
Patients
Cons
management
Great Place to Work
Revenue Integrity Specialist, Senior (Current Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLSeptember 29, 2018
Moffitt is a great place to work. The follow their Mission and provide opportunities. VPs take interest in all their departments and allow ideas to be implemented.
Pros
Flexible Work hours, tuition reimbursement
Cons
n/a
Moffitt outpatient clinics
Out-Patient clinic perdiem nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Worked along side Np’s, Md’s, Pharmacists, Dieticians to cover outpatient clinic hours. Rn responsible for setting up lab work, radiological procedures, and chemotherapy.
Pros
Very professional environment with excellent opportunities for learning.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Moffitt Cancer Center is a great place to work. Everyone here understands that our patients needs come first! Management cares about the employees and work/life balance.
Coworkers are great
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Working with coworkers who are great to work with. Unfortunately the promotion process there is set up for people who are liked within the dept to make progress and others who are better at the job to not
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Advancement
Staff RN II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Great place to work, only leaving because of husbands job relocation. Good Management, very rewarding job, physicians are very respectful and approachable. Most units have a week end team, so the week RN's very rarely have to work a weed end day.
Pros
Week end team
Cons
pay
Great company
Scheduling Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 10, 2018
I think Moffitt is a great company to work for.You have great benefits and great discounts. It is a fair place to work it can be fast paced but that is what I love about the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moffitt Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Moffitt Cancer Center Reviews by Location