Moffitt Cancer Center Employee Reviews for Medical Assistant

Terrible place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2018
Everything rise and falls on management/leadership and sadly the management here is not supportive. I worked in hematology clinic where management had favorites and I was even told that one of my peers were better then me. The pay isn't good. I was broke every two weeks after taxes and my benefits where taken out. I would have stayed of management and HR was better. Now I see why they hold a training class every Monday a high torn over.
Pros
Free clinic to go to
Cons
Pay, short breaks and management
Family atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Very Busy and fast paced work. Family style of work environment. Patents very warm and welcoming, very great staff to work with.
Challenging but very rewarding
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Moffitt was a great place to work. The team and patients were very diverse, and I always wanted to be at work. Like any job it has it's good days and bad days, but as a team we made it through day to day.
Pros
Diversity and constant learning opportunities
Cons
Loss of patients/giving bad news
Teaching Hospital
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2016
Since H Lee Moffitt is a teaching hospital, you never get bored working there. I enjoyed working with the physicians, nurses and staff. The patients are warm and welcome conversation regardless of their condition. It is a great place to work and learn.
Pros
You can learn alot
Medical assistant
medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 30, 2015
I love my job but, I get really attached to my patients and I see lots of thermally ill cancer patients. I would love to find a job that I wasn't afraid that I would never see my patients getting better.
A caring and compassionate staff and a learning facility
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2015
A workplace that devotes time and education to their staff. My co-workers were helpful in day to day duties. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the hope and determination of patients and staff in their time of hardship
Pros
All I learned about cancer and research being done to combat this disease
Cons
Moffitt was a positive work experience for me
Loving Atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 22, 2015
Love the staff and my patients. We always busy serving the patients. In my clinic it is a very positive atmosphere. All staff are always willing to help and teach you.
Love working with diffrent people daily
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 31, 2014
i love my job How to work with different characters i have a fair manager co- workers you learn how to deal with co-workers. hardes part is the patient volume love working with the patients.
Pros
Excellent enviroment
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to work.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2014
Work At Genitourinary Clinic , on a typical day we will take care of 80 plus patients and at the end of the day prepared patients charts for the following day of clinic. Working in a Oncology environment I am constantly learning. My co-workers are great, team players. The most enjoyable part of my job to to be able to help patients with cancer and assure them that they are in one of the best Oncology Hospital in Florida.
Pros
My manager is wonderful.
Cons
Short Breaks, Not enough rooms for the Medical Assistant in clinic, pay rate can be better.
Medical Assistant for Outpatient Clinics (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 25, 2013
A typical day would be working in an outpatient Oncology clinic calling back patients and preparing them for their appointment with the doctor. I would preform vitals enter and update their medication profile into an emr system so the doctor would have all of their information before their appointment. I put patients in the rooms according to their scheduled appointment. I worked usually under 6-8 doctors a day. I would preform suture or staple removal procedures by order of the doctor. Prepare and assist the doctor with any biopsies that were preformed and have them labeled and delivered to lab for processing. I would stock and order supplies according to clinic needs. I worked along with sometimes 1 or 2 other MA's according to patient flow for the day. The hardest part of the job I would have been when the doctors fell behind in seeing patients and I would have to do my best to ensure that the patient is relaxed and not angry for the long wait times. I loved working with the patients. Being very social and caring to each patient's needs, I was able to identify what their needs were and know how to meet them. Overcoming difficult patients felt very easy for me. We all worked well as a team and always got things done as a team. I worked with the nurses and doctors to help ensure that I did my part as a medical assistant to make each work day successful.
Pros
benefits, very team oriented, being a big company
Cons
hire from within