Moffitt Cancer Center Employee Reviews for Patient Services Representative

Great
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 5, 2018
Was a wonderful environment to work in. Very professional. Always upbeat. Wonderful people to work alongside you as well. Was quick paced at times but nothing overwhelming
Great work environment
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2018
Moffitt was a great place to work. They offered a great environment to the patients and employees. They cared about how employees felt would help them, if needed.
Enjoyable and Rewarding
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2016
Working at Moffitt can be a very rewarding job. There is a lot of competition and a lot of room for career development. Upper leadership is very attentive to what the staff wants/needs.
Great Experience
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 7, 2016
I had a wonderful experience at Moffitt Cancer Center. If it was not for my relocation I would still be at Moffitt. Management was always able to lend a hand when it was needed and the job was very manageable.
Great
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Loved the patients who came in. Co-workers were always helpful and team oriented.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Hard when the patients passed away.
Postive work place
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 11, 2013
I worked for Moffitt for almost 10 yrs , very positive work place .
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
the health care
A wonderful place to work, helping people everyday who are fighting for they're life.
Patient Service Representative (Radiation Therapy) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 31, 2013
Coming in early checking in patients who come everyday of the week for months for treatment. Getting charts ready for next day clinic. Updated charts with doctor's note's. Everyone I worked with at Moffitt was as nice as they could be, we all knew that anything that was going on in our life's couldn't match what some of these people were going through. I learned to look at people for who they were, not what they look like. I learned to help people above, and beyond. I learned to do what ever it took to make it easier for people who already have a lot on they're plate. The hardest part would have to be facing a patient who has just been told they only have month's to live, and telling them that God has the last word, trust him.
Pros
helping people of all ages, race, and gender. we are all the same when faced with what life has given us.
Cons
nothing, i loved it there.
Slipping away from number one priority: NEXT TO NONE PATIENT CARE
Patient service Representative. (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 30, 2012
Moffitt Cancer Center is overall a wonderful place; when I first started with them in May of 2010 I was so excited to be a part of a well known Cancer hospital. The benifits were amazing; salary could be a little bit higher for non-clinical personnel. The atmosphere for most places within Moffitt was very warm and welcoming and dedicated to making sure the patients were taken care of. This last year of my employment at Moffitt was unfortunatley a huge dissapointment. The only negative opinion I would state is that a lot of key areas in the hospital are poorely managed with unprofessional and poor "team building" members of management. "
Pros
benefits., privelage of helping sick people
Cons
poor management, salary is low for non-clinical personnel. patient care is not where it used to be.
National Accredited Cancer Hospital
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 12, 2012
I Checked patients in and out of the hospital as well as entering STAT orders and biopsy. I learned how to schedule MRI's, CT's, Ultra Sounds as well as coordinate patients appointments with other facilities. With great leadership from management and other co-workers made the job easier. Knowing that the patients visit/experience went smoothly made the job rewarding.
love helping people
Patient Service Supervisor, Gastro (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2012
learning to help people, doctors, and patients. this job was one of the best job i had. Helping people is one of my strong points
Not a family oriented company
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 10, 2012
This organization lacks flexibility for family/personal well being and un foreseeable events. Treats employees like children by using a 3 mark system, for example if your child is sick and you are late, it counts as half a mark. If you have an unplanned absence it's a full mark, and so forth. There is an EXTREME lack of communication from higher management down. Salary is not commensurately to responsibilities expected to perform.
Pros
ability to make a difference is someone's journey of cancer.
Cons
lack of communication, management and unfair and child like treatment of employees.