Moffitt Cancer Center Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 14, 2019
great culture, open communication environment, great management. I would recommend everyone to moffitt, such caring and compassionate employees with great benefits.
Excellent PTO, flexible scheduling, minimal call, tuition reimbursement
BSN, RN, CNOR (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2019
Pretty good gig; great PTO, management maneuvers scheduling well to allow vacation requests. Magnet facility, clinical ladder, tuition reimbursement, breaks and lunches everyday.
Pros
generous PTO, 32 hour work week=FT
Cons
$$ parking, high deductible for health care, not so great dental insurance
review
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2018
The day would start with a short meeting. The manager and the assistant manager would always tell us how to reach them if any help needed. Always had great team work at any department I worked at Moffitt.
Typical hospital bureaucracy
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 11, 2018
Small Magnet hospital. Slightly lower pay for slightly better patient ratios. Mostly friendly co-workers and team atmosphere with typical hospital bureaucracy. 12 hout shifts.
Cons
fairly high turnover
Enjoyed working at Moffitt.
RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 28, 2018
I enjoyed working at Moffitt and would return. Worked there temporarily, the schedule was flexible, compensation was fair. Work team was positive and supportive.
productive and fun place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 6, 2017
Moffitt cancer is a wonderful place to work for. I had no complaint and have no intention to leave the job. I am basically looking for something par-time at this pointe. I have just been transferred to ICU. I love it.
Pros
opportunity for advancement
Be careful!!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2017
I worked 3 North very toxic environment. Most of the other nurses are petty and caddie. The current unit manager acts like he cares but doesn't. He will literally lie to you and when it benefits him will throw someone under the bus or use them to make him look good.

DO NOT become "friends" with anyone do your job and go home...

Usually very short on staff, sometimes only one tech for 21 patients...
Pros
ARNP's are on very nice and will teach and help
Cons
management
Great company
Registered Nurse, Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2017
This company is a great place to work. As a employer, there is room for advancement. As a registered nurse, my main focus is making sure I give my patient the best quality of care. There is great teamwork and they challenge there employer to reach their full potential. The best part about my position is the ability to gain multiple experience as a float nurse.
A Challenging Operating Room
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2017
Moffitt Cancer Center is an amazing place. We do the most intricate and cutting edge surgical procedures for cancer patients. I learn something new with every shift I work. Our managers work hard to make the surgical schedule run smoothly and are responsive to staff needs.
Avery busy patient load, taking care of very acutely ill patients.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33612June 25, 2017
A typical day involves taking care of very acutely ill cancer patients. I have learned great empathy for these patients and do everything in my power to make sure that my patients get all of their medications and have a degree of pain control that will allow them to be comfortable, if not by the current M.D. orders, then by calling the doctor and getting a new order. Mid-level management is very exceptional, upper management, I have no comment on. The overall culture is to take exceptional care of all of the patients going through life threatening experience. The hardest part of this job, is having to see a lot of these patients decline and then pass away. On the other hand, I get a great sense of accomplishment, knowing that I made someone’s day a little brighter.
Pros
good schedules
Cons
poor raises or no raises
Float pool nursing has Great Managers
Contract Nursing to Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2017
It is not a long-term career for a seasoned nurse. They seem to be behind with a lot of their technology. Mgmt on most units tend to have poor skills.
Pros
okay starter job for New Grads
Cons
POOR mgmt due to improper actions from flr managers
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 26, 2017
the environment in this hospital is great, the people the patients the doctors were great, i left to move away from other situations happening in my life, i would have love to still work there
Discriminate
RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 28, 2017
My experience with Moffitt Cancer Center was very disappointing and disheartening. Upper management controls HR and hire and fire people with prejudice.The workload is overwhelming would not recommend anyone for this work place.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 9, 2017
-Provided great compensation compared to other hospitals in the area.
-Work life balance was greatly encouraged
-Had 2-3 patients per nurse
-Great teamwork
-Everyone was always happy to be working there
Pros
compensation/nurse patient ratio
Productive and fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Moffitt is a very good organization to work. Employees are treated equally, there is room to advance, learn and improve ones career. Tuition reimbursement and the benefits are great.
Great learning enviroment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 7, 2016
Great place to work, always opportunities to learn. Other nurses are excellent resources of knowledge. Nurses are always encouraged to learn more.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
Can be emotionally stressful
Compassionate individuals
RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2016
The patients are the best set of people I've ever worked with as a nurse. They are highly motivated to learn at every opportunity. The staff, doctors, & volunteers are extraordinarily compassionate with the patients. Unfortunately, there are heavy politics that accompanies such a success-driven work environment. I don't even feel safe to say more than that.
Pros
Acute Care Clinic is free- I use as my PCP, been very happy with them
Cons
Toxic, political culture with significant corporate bullying.
Not a first choice for employment
RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2016
The patient and nurse relationship was great. I learned an immense amount about caring for cancer patients. Management was disappointing for the fact that I witnessed many occasions which management did not support the nurses. Unit manager was rarely available and often after expressing a concern, conflict of error the nurse who complained was often let go from employment. My coworkers were terrific and very team oriented. Help was always available and patient assignments were more often than not appropriate and safe. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the patients typically for extended periods of time which facilitated connection between the nurse and the patients and the patients family.
Hospital and staff are all very professional.
RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa,FLAugust 21, 2015
Recovered around 15 patients in work day. The most important thing I've learned from working at Moffitt is to be very thankful everyday for my health and well being..My patients are so humble and appreciate everything. The hardest part of my job is seeing my patients in pain along with their love ones. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my patients feel better and try to make the family smile with a wonderful experience.
Moffitt
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 3, 2015
Wonderful place to work. I have worked on the BMT unit for almost 4 years and I love it. The staff is so friendly and the patients are amazing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moffitt Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Moffitt Cancer Center Reviews by Location