MOHAWK FINE PAPERS Employee Reviews

They pay well but I would not recommend long term
Paper Maker / Tester (Former Employee) –  Cohoes, NYJanuary 24, 2018
Mohawk Paper does pay it's employees well. Unfortunately that is how many young people get caught up in staying there. They do not pay sick days and are very strict with time off or even being a minute or two late for work. They have random company shutdowns that typically occur around the holidays which isn't always the best for the employees. The guys that work there are great and most of them have been there quite a while. The benefits Mohawk offers are also really good. They offer dental, vision, medical, 401K and other options.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterford, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Good money horrible hours health care dental vision union shop hot in summer cold in winter conditions could be better but if you want to work and make money then that’s the place
Learned many things about paper.
Warehouse worker-Sample (Former Employee) –  Waterford, NYApril 18, 2017
Trimmed paper and shipped samples to customers. Taught me a lot about the different types and finishes of paper. Great compensation and benefits offered to all.
Wonderful Start
I.T Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Cohoes, NYSeptember 25, 2015
I love the job, I love what I do and what I specialize in, this is a great please to advance! I am really happy there, management could be a little better but that doesn't throw my vote off too much.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Co-Workers, Enviorment
Cons
Great place to work where you really feel valued
Office (Current Employee) –  Cohoes, NYJuly 25, 2015
Mohawk is a great company to work for who really cares, I will be sad to leave due to having to relocate. Even though some believe the paper industry is a dying art, they are still succeeding in business by trying to find innovative ways to keep their place in the market. Fair pay and no crazy hours (I was in the office area, so I cannot speak to the hours down in the mill). If I'm ever back in the Albany area I'd certainly reach out to them again.
Scary and upper management is incredibly controlling
Graphic Designer, Lead QA, & Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Cohoes, NYMarch 27, 2015
It was a scary place to come to work. So much work anxiety, so many problems, I was so afraid of stepping out of bounds and getting fired.
Pros
The lower-level employees are really nice and friendly, great benefits plan
Cons
Bad location, upper management is very controlling, no working from home, no screen privacy
General Cleaning & Water treatment Plant
Cleaner/Water treatment (Former Employee) –  Cohoes, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Cleaned in the mills and work in waste water treatment did water testing work the forklift unload trailers with totes load paper slugged in big metal bings
Wasn't a bad place to work.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cohoes, NYMay 14, 2012
I liked, was good job nice benefits. Would still be there if I wasn't laid off.