Mohawk Honda Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
TITLE CLERK/SERVICE APOINTMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  175 freedmans bridge road scotia NYMarch 2, 2018
I learned a lot while working at mohawk honda. Great atmosphere, with a good benefits. There is room for advancement if you work hard. They truly care about there customers and employees.
Good luck!
Finance Manager /Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NY 12302November 1, 2017
Mohawk honda is boot camp for car salesperson. If you are struggling for direction they will shape you into an allstar. The whole place is completely mico managed. They "cannot guarantee you employment but can guarantee you employability". Compensation is garbage unless your selling 30+ or a rockstar at holding gross. very hard to get decent bonus money. Long hours bell to bell. SPOT @7:50 ridiculous!
Pros
If your an allstar they will promote you
Cons
Too many meetings and people want to go home!
Just stay away!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYAugust 28, 2017
Mohawk Honda was by far the WORST employer for which I have ever had the displeasure of working.
Management is a joke. Customers (and coworkers) are not prevented from treating employees like complete garbage. There is ZERO accountability here, especially for Salespeople and Service Advisors. There are no consequences for those in management that either cause, or fail to mediate, issues between coworkers.
overworks employers, cult like
Rep (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYJanuary 12, 2017
They are not friendly and if they don't like you whether that be because of the way you look or speak they don't try to help you succeed. Worst experience I ever had in the work environment.
Pros
free lunches all the time occasional bonuses
Cons
everything else
good overall work place.
Automotive Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Great team if your on the list. Free lunch on Saturdays. Family owned and operated. Do your job well and due tasks. too many morning meeting, need them 3 days a week not 6.
Pros
free lunch on saturday
Cons
list driven
If youre not related then you're nothing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 9, 2017
If you aren't related to the GM or his wife then it's going to suck. His minions get the highest pay for doing the least work & sail through doing absolutely nothing. The hardworking employees were all terminated for ridiculous reasons & the place is a comedy show now
Management very misguided and out for themselves
express technician (Current Employee) –  Scotia, NYNovember 5, 2015
I am an express technician for mohawk honda. Recently they got rid of 2 of the managers and the new management is worse than the original managers. Don't care at all for the employees just themselves. If you are in their little click you are good to go. Otherwise you are treated like you are worthless and stupid. The only plus is working with a great bunch of people in service.
Pros
co workers in service
Cons
lack of management direction
Assistant to the Controller (Former Employee) –  Scotia New YorkMay 19, 2015
Mohawk Honda provided me with an extensive amount of accounting and automotive knowledge. On top of that I also learned a lot about the retail side of the business from working extensively with sales and financing personnel.

My main responsibility was in the accounting and internal control side for the retail and wholesale of new and used automobiles.

the Co- Workers at Mohawk come from various backgrounds and overall were very good to work with. The mutual love for the automotive industry that most everyone at Mohawk shared I believe was a part of the reason the people were so easy to work with.

The hardest part of my job was also the most enjoyable. As an important member of the accounting team I was responsible for making sure that the sales numbers accurately reflected the money that changed hands multiple times. This was an important job that I took very seriously and although it could be difficult it was also very rewarding. The main reason it was so rewarding was that I cared about the company and believed in the product we were selling. As a result I always felt motivated to to the best i could for the great people and great products.
Pros
Independence, Employers trusted in me.
Cons
As a rapidly growing company it did have some growing pains
Co-workers somewhat make up for the lack of management
Receptionist/Sales Secretary (Former Employee) –  scotia, NYJanuary 21, 2015
While working there, there was no direction for my position and managers treated me as if I did not know a thing about working a dealership. I have worked at dealerships for over 1.5 years and all of my friends are mechanics. Management kisses each others behinds and HR is pretty much non-existent. The only way to succeed here is sell a lot of cars, or if you're not in sales, to know the owners and be friendly with them.
Place is a mess.
Service Advisor/ Cashier/ Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 5, 2013
The slogan should be changed to "we go out of our way to screw you... and the customer."
Completely enjoyable
Express Technician (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYDecember 29, 2012
Loved working here, the only reason I had to leave was because of monetary reasons.